Michael T. Smith
Address: **** ****** ***** *********, **********, Indiana 46383
~ Value, Excellence, Quality, and Innovation ~
Dynamic, detail-oriented, outcome-focused sales professional with immense experience in pharmaceuticals and consumer products. Possess well-developed qualifications acquired from comprehensive understanding in diverse areas focused on business development, project management, sales and marketing, general management, and operations management. Display adeptness in introducing new products and business strategies; establishing and maintaining client relationships; and developing high-caliber teams. Offer extensive background in promotion and business-to-business negotiations, along with demonstrated success in delivering significant revenue and profits improvement. Demonstrate ability in accurately performing challenging tasks with precision and attention to detail, combined with proven capability in building strong rapport with clients and associates based on knowledge, professionalism, and integrity.
Presentation Aptitude Strategic Business Planning Leadership and Development
Intensive Product Training Profit Improvement and Revenue Growth Communication Skills
Sales Action Plans and Development Problem Identification and Resolution Customer Relations and Service
NOVARTIS PHARMACEUTICALS - East Hanover, NJ
Executive Sales Consultant 2001-Present
- Spearhead the promotion of cardiovascular drugs to family practitioners, internists, and cardiologists in northwest Indiana
- Work collaboratively with counterparts to maximize sales and achieve product goals within the sales team
- Establish sales team routing to coordinate coverage of key prescribers
- Identify managed care wins as well as key tier 1 and tier 2 prescribers to develop yearly business plan of optimizing sales
- Apply best practices in managing annual promotional budget
- Organize numerous speaker programs and drive attendance to ensure successful programs
- Exemplified remarkable knowledge of Novartis products, competitive products, and disease states through active involvement in continuous training programs that improved product knowledge and computer skills
- Received 4 progression sales levels promotions by providing outstanding service and displaying sales expertise
- Led efforts in ranking in the upper 16% of representatives for goal achievement in the North Operating Unit and received 2011 performance rating of 2-2 Strong Performer
- Obtained numerous accolades and commendations, including Business Performance Award in the North Operating Unit (2011); District Performance Frontier Award (2011); District MVP Award (2006 and 2007); and Indiana Kitterman Award (2006)
QUINTILES, INC. - Parsippany, NJ
Contract Sales Representative 1997-2001
- Delivered incomparable service in handling Glaxo Wellcome contract of promoting pharmaceutical drugs, such as antibiotics, antivirals, and medications for the treatment of migraines, asthma, rhinitis, depression, and smoking cessation
- Prepared accurate trimester target lists, determined prescribing habits, and created annual business plan using physician prescribing reports as reference
- Established and nurtured team concept and streamlined business operations through close interaction with all divisions of Glaxo Wellcome
ZENECA PHARMACEUTICALS - Wilmington, DE
Primary Care Representative 1987-1997
- Generated a solid achievement record through use of superior sales training and product education on antibiotics, asthma drugs, and cardiovascular drugs
- Competently promoted pharmaceutical drugs to physicians, pharmacies, and hospitals
- Targeted potential physicians and zip codes, identified managed care influence, and developed strategies to limit competition; thus creating a positive yearly sales plan
- Capitalized on sales potential by corresponding efforts with sales counterparts in Comprehensive Care, Specialty, and Hospital divisions
- Employed adeptness in administrative work, proficient knowledge of clinical data, and competency in corporate computer programs
- Accomplished stocking parameters, market penetration, sales forecast, and targeting objectives that led in the successful launch of new products
- Systematically scheduled effective medical lectures that resulted in solid physician attendance
- Functioned as medical convention representative in 1995 and 1997
- Received safe driving awards for 7 consecutive years
- Played an instrumental role in overseeing territory market share of 3 cardiovascular drugs in 1996, eventually expanding it at a rate greater than the district or region by an average of 0.16 and 1.03 while surpassing market volume growth by an average of 5.9%
- Led the achievement of antibiotic sales forecast, exceeding the district by 17% and the region by 2%
- Performed well as member of the One Hundred Percent Club in 1994 by reaching 100% of sales forecast for each product
- Received the Regional Circle of Excellence recognition in 1993
Bachelor of Science in Business Marketing
INDIANA UNIVERSITY NORTHWEST - Gary, IN
Executive Sales Consultant Open Mentoring Program
Novartis Open Mentoring
Volunteer, Franciscan Hammond Clinic Health Fair, Munster, IN - 2011
Volunteer, Food Bank of Northwest, Indiana, Gary, IN - 2011
IN - cement, plant, crusher...
IN - foreman, mine, mining, coal, safety, unit,...
IN - jennifer, relay, captain, multi line, protection,...
Customer Service Sales
IN - sap, planner, indianapolis, coca, coca cola, cola,...
IN - drafter, lafayette, steel, autocad, architect,...
IN - coo, piping, highway, kenya, oil, paving, crane,...
Warehouse/Production line Supervisor
IN - stamping, press, warehouseman, crew,...