Jeff Fisher**** **** ******, **** *****
, Texas *
Logistics Management / Export Manager / Purchasing Manager
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
An accomplished manager with solid experience in transportation and logistics of both domestic and international shipments; with the ability to negotiate freight rates and fuel surcharges in the U.S. and all ocean rates. Background includes sales, financial credit management and growing a European mission through expert leadership and mentoring. Known for successful planning and execution of responsibilities to deliver mission-critical results at the best possible cost. Personally committed to the highest standards of achievement and bringing value to a company through knowledge, diligence, and teamwork.
Team / Personnel Management • Leadership Skills • Interpersonal Skills •Training & Development • Analytical Skills
Negotiations • Problem Solving • Presentation Skills • Goal Setting • Planning / Coordinating • Self-Starter
Land O’ Lakes – Inbound Logistics Supervisor Southwest and West Regions 2007-2012
• Accountable for daily raw material planning for 16 facilities serving 22 states.
• Supervised a team of 6 direct reports.
• Negotiated carrier costs and captured freight savings.
• Controlled and reduced warehouse inventories and cost.
• Led a team that monitored and analyzed ingredient consumption for up to 21 feed mills. Team maintained a high level of on-time raw material availability leading to reduced production downtime.
• Team achieved rail demurrage budgets of $1.5M annually for both regions for years 2007 through 2012.
Olam Americas – Transportation Manager 2007-2007
• Negotiated freight rates and fuel surcharges with existing trucking companies.
• Managed transportation functions for domestic and international shipments.
• Oversaw all logistic functions for shipping raw bales of US cotton.
• Negotiated all ocean rates.
• Successfully sourced, collected, and shipped 350,000 tons of baled U.S. cotton to China, Turkey, Indonesia, and Pakistan from January through October of 2007. All shipments were on time with proper documentation.
Land O’ Lakes – Inbound Logistics Specialist 2004-2007
• Planned daily ingredients needed for 3 consolidated feed mills.
• Produced schedules and maintained ingredient levels.
• Negotiated and tracked rates. Secured new carriers.
Cirkev Bez Hranic – Pastor European Mission 2003-2004
• Mentored, directed, led and grew an organization in an international setting in an experience of a lifetime.
Lowe’s Home Improvement – Sales Specialist Flooring
• Managed all aspects of sales and installations for a customer base.
Wells Fargo Financial – Credit Manager
Texas Tech University – BBA in Business 1998
Technical Skills: ERP and MRP Software