Puja S. Goel, O.D., F.A.A.O.
Phone: (505) ***-****
Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry (Oct 2008)
Resident in Pediatrics and Ocular Disease-University of California Berkeley School of Optometry (6/06-7/07)
Doctor of Optometry – Illinois College of Optometry (May 2006)
BS in Visual Sciences – Illinois College of Optometry (June 2004)
Major in Biology, Minor in Chemistry-University of New Mexico (August 1999 - August 2002)
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Phoenix Valley, AZ, Full time Optometrist (2/09-9/10)
• Comanagment in a tertiary care eye center
• Comanagment specialties in pre and post op cataract surgery, pre and post op refractive surgery, as well as refractive consultations in Lasik, PRK, Refractive Lensectomy, and ICL, post op glaucoma surgery, and post op retina surgery
• Complete eye exams in a geriatric population with emphasis in treatment and management of ocular disease
• Patient care in Phoenix VA Medical Center, (BDP contracted with VA Eye Clinic), averaging two days per week in VA medical center
• Certification and experience in Diabetic teleretinal imaging interpretation at VA medical center
• Experience in electronic medical records
• Experience in billing and coding
• On call duties for Phoenix valley BDP clinics and VA medical center
Miller & Stolarczuk Optometry, El Cerrito, CA, Full time Optometrist (8/07-1/09)
• Complete eye exams in a private practice setting with emphasis in primary care, contact lenses, pediatrics, ocular disease, and co-management in refractive surgery.
• Contact lens experience in multifocal and keratoconic fits.
Eye Care Associates of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, Part time Optometrist (8/07-10/08)
• Eye exams in an ophthalmology setting with emphasis in ocular disease, including management in pre and post op cataract surgery, glaucoma, and Lasik.
Berkeley Optometry School, Berkeley, CA, Adjunct Clinical Faculty (8/07-6/09)
• Clinical instructor in primary care, contact lenses, and ocular disease
• Presentation of cases and clinic seminars
EyeExam of California-Lenscrafters, San Francisco bay area, On call Optometrist (10/06-1/09)
• Complete eye exams in a corporate office with emphasis in primary care, contact lenses, and ocular disease
First Sight Vision-Wal-Mart, San Francisco bay area, On call Optometrist (11/06-1/09)
• Complete eye exams in a corporate office with emphasis in primary care and contact lenses.
University of California Berkeley School of Optometry. Berkeley, CA. Optometry Resident (6/06-7/07)
• Complete eye exams in the ocular disease, infant-toddler, pediatrics, primary care clinics, and Special Visual Assessment Clinic for the Handicapped (SVACH)
• Contact lens fitting in a pediatric population for amblyopia treatment
• Supervising optometry students in various clinics
• Community and school vision screenings
• Presenting residency case presentations, case report, and seminars, attending ophthalmology grand rounds
• On-call duties for Berkeley eye clinic and regional private OD offices
Illinois College of Optometry. Chicago, IL. Intern (2/06-5/06)
• Specialty contact lens fitting for presbyopic, astigmatic, and keratoconic patients
• Complete eye exams in the pediatric and binocular vision departments, vision therapy
• Complete eye exams in the Developmental Disabilities Clinic
Barnet-Dulaney-Perkins Eye Center. Mesa, AZ. Intern (11/05-2/06)
• Patient care in optometry/ophthalmology co-management clinic
• Observation of various ocular surgeries (i.e. cataract extraction, retinal surgeries, glaucoma, Lasik, oculoplastics)
Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Cleveland, OH. Intern (8/05-11/05)
• Co-management with ophthalmology
• Complete eye exams with emphasis in ocular disease and primary care
• Low vision exams with emphasis in training patients in the use of magnifiers, telescopes, and lenses
Newington Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Newington, CT. Intern (5/05-8/05)
• Complete eye exams with an emphasis in ocular disease in a geriatric population
• Optical repair and dispensing
Illinois Eye Institute. Chicago, IL. Clinician (Eye Institute) (5/04-5/05)
• Patient care in a primary care setting
• Patient care for oculomotor and binocular vision dysfunction
Illinois College of Optometry. Chicago, IL. Student Tutor (8/04-5/05)
Tutored in academic subjects: biochemistry, human and ocular anatomy, general and ocular pharmacology, histology, and optometric techniques
Costco. Albuquerque,NM. Optometric Assistant (8/01-8/02)
• Assistant in a commercial practice setting
• Performed front desk work: registering patients, organizing charts, scheduling patients, and handling insurance information
• Performed basic technical skills such as: lensometry, autorefraction, NCT, and visual fields
• Training in insertion and removal of soft contact lenses and rigid gas permeables
Smith’s Pharmacy. Albuquerque, NM. Pharmacy Technician. (8/99-8/02) 08/99 – 08/02
• Filled and dispensed pharmaceutical drugs
• Contacted insurance companies for prescription approvals
• Contacted practitioners for prescriptions and patient information
• Volunteer in Optometric Services to Humanity (VOSH)
• American Optometric Association (AOA)
• College of Vision Development (COVD)
• American Academy of Optometry (AAO)
• Arizona Optometric Association (AzOA)
• Fundraising for Children with Disabilities-2/08
• VOSH mission trip to Honduras-3/05
• Pediatric vision screenings in Chicago Healthcare Expo-2/05
• Special Olympics-community healthcare Chicago-2004
• Elementary school vision screenings-2003
• Healthcare for the Homeless-New Mexico-1998-2002
• Orphanage work and teaching-Cambodia-2010
• Literature review comparing and contrasting Retinal Hereditary Disorders
• Residency Presentations: Horner’s Syndrome, HLA-B27 associated Uveitis, Familial exudative vitreoretinopathy and Congenital Retinoschisis, Shaken Baby Syndrome and ocular manifestations
• Clinical case report on Central retinal artery occlusion with cilioretinal sparing submitted to Academy
Understanding of Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, and Spanish.
Chicago, IL - optometrist, vision, cummins, only, treatment,...
Los Angeles, CA - optometrist, optometry, optometric, vision, dr,...
India, New Delhi, DL - optometrist, optometry, eye, centre, ahmad,...
Part Time Consultant
New Providence, NJ - optometrist, pharma, feb, grade, clinical research,...
Medical Assistant/ Administrative Assistant
Freeport, NY - careers, optometrist, medical coding, optical,...
IL - optometrist, vision, primary, care, associates,...
Austin, TX - optometrist, vision, optic, optometry, eye,...