Ronald H. Miller
Blissfield, MI 49228 email: email@example.com
Leadership and Know-how supported by hands on work experience, Education, and competence:
• Front Line Supervisor, General Foreman, Superintendent, Production Manager, CI Manager,TPM Management Facilitator, and Area Manager.
• Project management experience.
• Developed variable / direct labor budgets, project management, financial analysis, & work measurement.
Quality management experiences and training:
Lean Manufacturing, Quality [Metrology, QS900, MQAS, FEMA, PPAP], Kaizen (C I), Deming Principles (PDCA), Total Quality Principles (Kanban / JIT/ VFM, SPC, others), MWOM, Employee Involvement, Zenger-Miller, Zen Leadership, and Transformation of the American Industry.
TQM Advisory Committee at Monroe County Community College.
Toyota Production System (TPS): knowledge based.
Fundamentals of Change Over Time Reduction for Packaging: Claunch & Associates, Inc. SME.
Statistical Process Control (SPC): Cristofono, R. A. Facilitator
Trained / familiar with QS 9000 / QS 9000 management philosophy. Facilitator of quality programs.
Employee involvement, Collaborative Team building, TQM, TPM, RCM, PM, PdM, facilitating Teamwork, coaching, 5-S, working principles of SQDCM, & mentoring the skilled/ non-skilled work force.
A Supervisor / Manager who uses Lean manufacturing, SMART manufacturing, Quality driven methods and metrics, collaborative Team building, facilitating Teamwork, coaching and mentoring the work force to meet or exceed the targets for the budget and human resources.
1. Laying out, detailing, writing scope of work, developing budgets based upon AFE / CAR documents, follow up, & start-up responsibilities.
2. Developed, managed, installed, and completed start-up of projects using Robotic devices w/ PLC management, Photo Optic controls, RS232 data control, LAN & WAN Networks.
3. Computer literate-Windows platform (NT and MS Word, Excel, Works, Microsoft Project, Power Point, and Project), Adobe, Visio, & others.
• Environmental awareness, Health & Safety: SARA Title III, USDA, FDA, PPE, Lock Out / Tag Out, MSDS, CCS & E, Sanitation, & OHSA trained.
• Metalworking: Machining “Work Centers”: Conventional, NC / CNC machinery-equipment. Metal stamping (presses), welding processes / applications, forming, fabrication.
• Reducing overhead, improving customer (both internal and external) / vendor relationship management.
• Understanding QWL (Quality of Work Life).
• Adjunct instructor (19 years) in the business disciplines: Management, Communications, Marketing, Economics, Human Resources, Total Quality Management.
Capability / Strength: Leads, guide, directs a dynamic organization.
• A collaborative style of management.
• A motivated hands-on Supervisor / Manager result driven hands-on with extensive experience across multiple industries.
• Designed, developed, & installed computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) for traditional Preventive Maintenance, Quick Change-Over’s, TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) / RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance), Life cycle / PdM. (Predictive Maintenance) , purchasing (MRO), stock room & inventory programs.
• Personal description: motivated & proven hands-on performer who is results driven and a profit “maximizer”.
• A reputation for dedication, creative problem solving, & outstanding service.
• Hands-on experience in Human Resources, Safety, Maintenance (PM, TPM, PdM, RCM), Engineering, Purchasing, Inventory Control, Budgeting (discretionary / capital), Employee Involvement, Lean Manufacturing, and training.
• Hands-on experience: Project management, maintenance & production management / skilled trade’s management / facility management / purchasing / inventory / engineering / production control / control / budgeting (capital and discretionary), Maintenance –Engineering management, Lean / Smart manufacturing, Quality (Tool & Gage-Metrology).
• Budget experienced: both capital and discretionary (Project management experience).
• A Supervisor / Manager who has demonstrated the ability to be a profit “maximizer” by hitting targets meeting or exceeding expectations, and reaching major goals.
Masters of Organization Development. Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio. August, 2000.
Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration. Lourdes College, Sylvania, OH. May 1991.
Associate of Commerce, Industrial Management. Monroe County Community College, Monroe, MI. June 1986
Skilled trades program; Janson Tool and Die. Toledo, Ohio.
Current: Part time Cabela’s Dundee, MI. Outfitter: Hunting and Firearms.
Current: Adjunct Instructor Jackson Community College. Jackson, MI Business Management courses, Leadership, TQM, and Business Law.
Area Manager 2002-2008: Chrysler (LLC) Perrysburg, OH. Power train division.
• Responsibilities: Quality-Metrology: [Tool & Gage-Lay Out], Maintenance / Engineering (Tool & Process engineering), Press Room: Maintenance, Production, Tool & Die engineering, and skilled trades areas: Tool Room, Machine Repair, Die makers, Precision Grinding, & Tool & Gage. Promoted from Front Line Leader, TMS/TPM Facilitator, and then Area Manager.
Maintenance Manager 2002 March-August 2002. Red Gold Tomato Products, Orestes, Indiana. Food producer. Recruited by Chrysler LLC.
Continuous Improvement Manager 2000-2001. Hatch Stamping, Inc., Chelsea, MI a captive auto supplier to Ford Motor Company.
Maintenance / Engineering Manager 1998-2000. Reckitt Benckiser, Rockwood, MI. Consumer products.
Facilities Supervisor 1997-1998. Orbital Engine Co. Tecumseh, MI.
Plant Engineer 1987-1996. Con Agra (Beatrice / Hunt-Wesson), Rossford, Ohio. Food producer.
Production Manager of Packaging 1985-1987. Heublein Wine / Liquor Distillers: Allan Park, MI. Beverage.
Packaging Engineering-Maintenance 1980-1985. Stroh’s Brewery, Detroit, MI. Beverage.
Plant Superintendent 1978-1980. Steel Warehousing-Service Center: Contractors Steel, Livonia, MI.
General Foreman of Maintenance 1974-1978. Motor Wheel Corporation, Ypsilanti, MI.: automotive part maker.
Skilled trade: Machine Repairman 1967-1974. Jeep Corporation (Chrysler LLC) Toledo, Ohio.
Tool & Die training, die cast 1962-1967. Janson Tool & Die. Toledo, Ohio.
Brownsville, TX - die, stamping, tooling, mold, tool, plant manager,...
Germany, Weiden, BY - die, sep, grad, 2015, des, guard, visa, indesign,...
Die Maker and Die Repair
Oak Park, MI - die, stamping, die maker, maker, tool, cdl, here,...
Brighton, MI - die, catia, stamping, catia v5, v5, designer,...
Decatur, AL - die, stamping, cnc, dies, tool, die maker, ts,...
Metal Model Maker
Ann Arbor, MI - die, journeyman, setter, crane, maker, welding,...
High School Service
United States - die, journeyman, tool, apprentice, die maker,...