Winchester. CA 92596
Over 18 years experience supporting day-to-day facilities operations in construction, renovation, maintenance and management of multi-site commercial properties and large facilities complexes. Committed to quality customer service and satisfaction. Excellent qualifications in managing general building trades and contractors. Working knowledge of building codes and regulations, including safety and OSHA. Core competencies include:
Project Planning & Design ~ Scheduling & Site Management ~ Negotiations ~ Estimating & Budgeting
Capital Improvements & Expansion ~ Vendor Management ~ Lease Administration ~ Energy Management
Budget Planning ~ Cost Controls ~ Relocation Projects ~ Fire Safety ~ Security
Certificate: Facilities Management, UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA SAN DIEGO, San Diego, CA
UNITRIN DIRECT INSURANCE COMPANY, Vista, CA
FACILITIES MANAGER, 2002 - 2010
Managed facility operations for nine nationwide offices totaling 220,000 square feet. Handled lease negotiations, budgeting, construction, maintenance, security, furniture and equipment procurement and office relocations. Annual expense and capital budgets were in excess of $6.2 million. Set up local staff, contractors and vendors.
* Created a new Facilities Department, from the ground up, at company headquarters
* Guided company through a huge expansion (200 to 1100 employees), taking over other company facilities which became successfully integrated into the current department - hired the staff and created processes for the support of internal customers
* Researched, planned and managed installation of first-in-the-nation rooftop HVAC energy management devices that resulted in a 47% savings in electrical utility costs
* Reconfigured 20,000 square feet of office space to allow for additional staff (28 positions), without increasing the actual physical space, as company expanded. Efforts resulted in a more efficient use of space and addition of new Sales and Customer Service staffing
* Managed multiple projects for equipment installation and comprehensive preventative maintenance of company's critical sites, including UPS systems, emergency power generation and electrical systems
DOCUMENT SCIENCES CORPORATION, Carlsbad, CA
FACILITIES MANAGER, 1998 - 2002
Directed overall Facilities Operations, including construction, maintenance, telecommunications, security, furniture, and equipment procurement for two offices totaling 36,000 square feet and 160 employees. Researched, recommended and negotiated prospective corporate locations.
* Saved company $140,000+ annually by negotiating new telecommunications service contracts and implementing the renovation of the company's telephone system - received the President's Club Award
* Received several President's Excellence Awards for developing and deploying strategic Facilities Management projects
* Created and published safety manuals for the company nationwide, and trained all employees in the company's first safety program
* Researched, developed and installed a comprehensive security system for the headquarters building
GENSIA SICOR, INC., San Diego, CA
SUPERVISOR, FACILITIES OPERATIONS, 1992 - 1998
Supervised Facilities Operations for a major corporate complex. Oversaw maintenance, remodeling, space planning, security, utilities, housekeeping, budgets and furniture procurement. Supervised shipping, receiving and mail departments.
* Managed the relocation of 250 employees, furnishings and equipment to new headquarters - nominated for an Outstanding Employee Achievement Award for efforts
Member: INTERNATIONAL FACILITIES MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION & THE CORPORATE REAL ESTATE COUNCIL
United States - employees, molding, facilities, injection, ford,...
Management Supply Chain
United States - facilities, employees, plastic, drive, wayne,...
United States - was, door, facilities, custom, distributor, seal,...
Project Manager Engineer
United States - facilities, oil, environmental, permit, air, gas,...
Maintenance and clerical work
United States - facilities, dry, park, 2006, soap, street, perform,...
Customer Service Engineer
United States - facilities, service engineer, engineer, continuous,...
United States - mechanical design, facilities, design engineer,...