|Karla K. Foster *** E Street
La Porte, Indiana **350
To secure a position that will provide opportunities for personal growth, offer quality services for company, build strong and cohesive teams and provide quality Human Resources knowledge to employees.
Summary of Qualifications:
• Professional Experiences:
Regional Supervisor/ Impact Office, FSSA/ Goodwill Industries/Impact program, Office manager, Case Manager, Impact Program /Goodwill
Industries (In charge of La Porte, Starke and Pulaski Counties Impact Program), Health Care Administrator within Indiana Department of Corrections, Health Care Administrator for Regional Care, Director of Secure Detention and Alternatives to Incarceration for incarcerated juveniles in La Porte County, Juvenile Officer/Supervisor of Programming Department of Corrections Certified State Trainer., Director of La Porte County Juvenile Aid Association Girl's Home/ emergency shelter for La Porte County’s Female Population.
• Human Resources
Administration., Recruitment, Hiring, Training, Retention, Terminations with professional and licensed staff as well as support and custody staff, Direct Supervision in maximum secure facilities, Job Coaching/Counseling, Drug Testing, Employment Satisfaction Activities, Corporate Mentor/Trainer (Nation-wide), Job Descriptions/Evaluations, Corporate Ethics Committee member.
• Program Development/Client Services/Customer Service:
Developed residential mental health treatment program, chronic care mental health unit, disciplinary/mental health units for prison setting for Indiana adults. Served as patient advocate for special needs and general population.
Supervised day to day operations of health care clinic including mental health and all health related activities for juveniles and adults. Authored and enforced all policy and procedures. Audits for Department of Health, ACA, NCCHC assuring standards are met. Budgets. Grant Writing and Justification. Developed intern and volunteer programming. Programs for Juveniles: GED Programming/School. Home Detention/Day Reporting/Electronic Monitoring/Restorative Justice Programs/ Community Service Programs .and day to day programs for secure detention for juveniles. Served on La Porte Community Schools at-risk committee, Corporate Ethics committee member representing Indiana and Kentucky . Managed multiple sites simultaneously. Many years of hands on services provided in social skills, independent living and employment skills, teaching others to be self reliant and responsible. Taught life skills to individuals and trained trainers to teach to others. Reported to Court Judges and various governmental agencies, tracking progress and re mediating lack of progress. Developed care plans to identify challenges and course of remediation. Refined observation, intervention and documentation skills. Hands on art programs, music programs, wood shop activities, games, challenge course. Fifteen years of providing meaningful activities for at risk youth.
• Personal Characteristics
Team builder fostering both independence and cohesive productive team. Frugal, maintaining budgets (excess of 5 million dollars at one time) and meeting operational costs goals. Conducted training with enthusiasm and proficiency. Ethical. Fast Learner, hard worker, team player. Cultivated positive relationships with customers, clients, governing bodies. Genuine interest in helping others better themselves.
2008-Present: Supervisor: Regional Supervisor for Impact program for FSSA Goodwill Industries of Michiana, 320 Dunes Plaza, Michigan City, IN. 46360
• 2000-2008 Health Services Administrator: Correctional Medical Services, 12647 Olive Blvd, St. Louis, MO. 63141. Telephone: 800-***-****. Health Care Administrator: Prison Health Services, 105 Westpark Dr., Brentwood, TN. 37027 . Telephone: 800-***-****.
• 1999-2000 Staff Development and Trainer: Indiana Department of Corrections, South Bend, Indiana.
• 1994-1999 Director of Secure Detention and Alternatives to Incarceration: LaPorte County Juvenile Detention, Ziegler Rd. La Porte, Indiana 46350 . Telephone: 219- ***-****.
• 1977 to 1994 Juvenile Officer/ Program Supervisor: Porter County Juvenile Detention Center, Valparaiso, Indiana 46383. Telephone: 219-***-****.
• Speaker for national seminars/suicide prevention and standards audits. Training activities for juvenile and adult workers. Extensive Grant Writing and Justification. Served on IJDA committee to establish state audit standards. Presented at ACA and CAMA conferences. Developed security system for LaPorte County Juvenile Center. Special Deputy Status for LaPorte and Porter County Sheriff's Departments. Chief Investigator for Circuit Courts. Corporate responsibilities for new start up contracts, mentoring, auditing for standards accreditations.
Youth Group Director St. John's Lutheran church.
• Purdue University: Liberal Arts/Supervision. Indiana State University, Criminal Justice. Numerous training programs through out career with mental health, security, budgeting, employee relations, job coaching/training, Standards for ACA/NCCHC/IJDA.
References available upon request. Salary requirements discussed during interview/phone.
Similar ResumesManager Management Human Resource Resources Development
South Bend, IN - hr, recruiter, joseph, www, hris, case manager,...Human Resources
Phoenix, AZ - public administration, human resource generalist,...warehouse worker,picker/packer,order filler,production
Saint Louis, MO - louis, warehouse, packer, mo, picker, quantity,...Administrative Assistant Medical Human Resources
Valparaiso, IN - physician, indiana, medical assistant, msn,...Teacher
Indianapolis, IN - indianapolis, indiana, teacher, counselor, jr,...Construction Project Engineer and CAD/BIM Operator - AutoCAD, Revit
Beverly Hills, CA - sample, template, project engineer, engineer,...Program Coordinator
bronx, NY - substance abuse, substance, epic, abuse,...Psychologist / Speaker / Consultant
Carlsbad, CA - brett, psychiatrist, psy, fundamental,...human resources, safety, emergency management skills
Jacksonville, AL - westinghouse, safety training, safety director,...Senior Buyer
Toledo, OH - buyer, sap, offshore, chinese, christopher,...