PO Drawer ***
Anahuac TX, *****
I am a college graduate from Houston Baptist University, with a Bachelors of Arts degree in Business and Christianity. Through previous job positions and my college education, I have learned to become a great communicator, listener, self-motivator, and problem solver. I have been recognized as the 2008 Industry Champion of the ‘Business Strategy Game’, in which I was a senior executive in a globally competitive industry simulation. I have been recognized by Coty Prestige by winning a contest in which I had the highest sales in my district. I have also had the privilege of opening and merchandising the first Sephora inside JCPenney in the Houston area. I enjoy preparing stores for promotional events and coming up with creative ideas to achieve maximum sales goals. I am passionate about working with employees and training them for success. Training is a vital aspect of a company because a customer’s first impression of any company is based on customer service and knowledgeable employees.
KOHL’S DEPARTMENT STORE Houston Area, 2010-Present
Area Supervisor over Apparel/Accessories/ Executive in Training- Humble Location
I am responsible for exhibiting and providing leadership in my store by developing my associates through positive reinforcement, motivation and proper training tools, supervising the merchandise sales areas by insuring that we are adhering to “KOHL’S Best Practices”, customer service and keeping the lines of communication flowing from executive through associate. I lead and direct my supervisors and associates through:
• Provide associates with the empowerment to use the “Yes We Can” program. Give the associates the knowledge for our Customer Service programs, surveys, and direction on the KSS, (KOHL’S service standards). I am accountable for the results of our Customer Service program through our customer service “scorecard”.
• Lead and coach supervisors on standards for “customer issue resolution”.
• I resolve customer complaints by identifying the problem and come up with simple solutions to resolve in a timely manor. I recommend solutions to associates and peers on how to avoid future occurrences.
• Support and participate in the “E3” program. This program is designed for us to better cater to our customers.
• I ensure through coaching and participating that our merchandise presentation directives and standards are met (sets, re-sets, floor moves and strike points), while merchandising incoming freight and replenishing our sales floor.
• Lead and train associates to insure store cleanliness and that our recovery standards are met.
• Assists in supervising the credit solicitation effort of the associates to achieve company and in store goals. Ensures that all ethical standards are being followed be our hourly staff.
• Help in supervising staff to complete price changes and inventory prep planning.
• Conceive creative and inventive ways of rewarding supervisor and associates for superior efforts.
SEPHORA Houston Area, 2008-2009
Beauty Consultant and Makeup Artist- First Colony location
I serviced the customer with knowledge of each product and the usage. I was over the Beauty Insider program and motivated the team to get clients to sign up. I was involved in the process of opening this store.
• Was acting manager when senior manager was not on duty
• Trained the new associates on product information and how to approach clients
• Merchandised the cosmetic area and was recognized as an innovator in simple solutions of merchandising the product faster
SEPHORA INSIDE JCPENNEY Houston Area, 2007-2008
Beauty Consultant, Makeup Artist and Skin Care Specialist- Willowbrook location
I opened and merchandised this store. This store was the first in the Houston area. I was recognized by trainers and management as being innovative and extremely knowledgeable about their products and ways of selling them.
• Was acting manager when senior management was not on duty
• Was in the process of being trained for store manager
• Trained new associates on product knowledge and client interaction
• Came up with creative promotional ideas for holidays and special events
STARBUCKS Houston Area, Seasonal 2007 Barista – coffee house in the Sharpstown area
I worked the register, drive threw, and the coffee bar. I was given a great deal of responsibility in a short time.
• I learned multi-tasking and getting things done fast
• Problem solved customer issues
• Was innovative in promotional ideas
NORDSTROM SPA Houston Area, Seasonal 2006
Client Coordinator- Galleria location
I was responsible for booking appointments and making sure that our clients were getting great service.
• I gained a great deal of knowledge about skin care
• Learned how to deal with difficult clients
• How to resolve client issues
COTY PRESTIGE Houston Area, 2003-2006
Retail Sales Specialist- for Foley’s Department stores/ Macy’s (2006) - Galleria location
I worked towards achievements of sales goals on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. I executed promotional calendar of Promotions and Events, and insured that all tools for promotions were in the store two weeks prior to any event for maximum success. I made sure that all Visual set ups for promotions and events were set on time and the way the company wanted it presented.
• Maintained communication with store management and my employer to make sure everyone was on the same page
• Alerted management on stock shortages and shared responsibility on day in and day out business
• Developed a support system with associates to make sure they knew their job responsibilities and came up with innovative ideas for motivation to reach sales goals
• Gained recognition by winning a contest of having the highest sales goals in my district
PHI ALPHA DELTA (Pre-law Fraternity) -Served as President and Vice-President
PHI MU (Social Sorority International)-Served as Recruitment Chair
MINISTRY LEADERSHIP COUNCIL- Over Student Missions
HUSKY PACK LEADER- Over Welcome Days
Houston Baptist University
Graduate with a Bachelors of Arts Degree
Double Majored in Business and Christianity
Sales Customer Service
Houston, TX - waiter, massage, merchandiser, spa, nail,...
Houston, TX - customer, location, salesman, service, services,...
Customer Service Manager
Houston, TX - vehicles, forklift, picker, outside, pe,...
Customer Service Sales
Houston, TX - chiropractic, office, jennifer, staff, mutual,...
Graphic Designer Artist
Houston, TX - graphic artist, artist, pages, graphic,...
Customer Service Sales
Houston, TX - retail sales, janitor, pic, cashier, textile,...
Customer Service High School
Houston, TX - aircraft, graduate, flight, aviation, oil, apply,...