SENIOR EXECUTIVE PROFILE
years of success in developing operational strategies and client/customer service programs that establish operational excellence, meet financial targets, and ensure customer satisfaction.
Accomplished in establishing world-class client/customer service operations in global markets. Excel in engaging employees, clients, and customers to cooperate in identify root causes and develop solutions that effectively address business issues. Collaborate across functions to maximize organizational effectiveness and deliver optimal performance. Strong mentor and empowering leader committed to developing and guiding employees to succeed.
* Prevented critical termination of company’s largest revenue-producing client by turning around engagement, performance, and client communications through cross-cultural training efforts.
* Established site as #1 out 12 facilities in Philippines by driving absenteeism down from 15% monthly average to 1.5%. Engaged management staff, fostered positive environment, and identified/resolved root causes.
* Catapulted revenue from $8M to $35M in two years at ePerformax by transforming performance within 90 days.
Areas of Expertise: Multi-site Operations, Contact / Call Center Management, Quality Assurance, Organizational Design, Customer Service & Relations, Change Management, Performance Improvement, Customer Acquisition & Retention, Training & Development, Business Process Outsourcing, Operational Streamlining & Sustainment, Cross-cultural Leadership.
CONFIDENTIAL – MANILA/BAGUIO, PHILIPPINES
JUNE 2010 – PRESENT
VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS
Direct strategic planning and all daily operations for 10 Fortune 500 client programs with 21 lines of business at 3 sites. Own P&L, facilities, operational delivery, KPIs, and client/customer relationships. Develop, mentor, and lead team of 3 site directors, ~300 managers, and ~4.200 agents. Manage $65M revenue and ~$37M operating budgets.
* Transformed all three sites from inconsistent 69%-76% customer satisfaction scores, 13% absenteeism rate, and 79% annualized attrition to rank in Top 3 of 12 sites with 82%+ consistent customer satisfaction, 1.5% absenteeism, and 17% annualized attrition. Identified and addressed high absenteeism/attrition rate, reengaged management staff, and implemented disciplinary actions and performance incentives.
* Saved $35M contract with company’s largest global client, Capital One, by identifying and addressing performance gaps.
* Enabled acquisition of company’s first new clients, BioWare and Hewlett Packard (700-FTE program), in more than three years within first six months of employment by revamping sales presentations.
* Met launch date of new 700-FTE Hewlett Packard program by overseeing on-time opening and launch of new $5M facility.
EPEFORMAX – MAKITA/CEBU, PHILIPPINES
JUNE 2005 – JUNE 2009
VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS
Maximized growth, profitability, and performance of all operations at two Philippine contact centers with six separate programs and 22 lines of business. Developed, led, and executed strategic contact center initiatives supporting Fortune 100 clients. Mentored and guided eight-person leadership team, plus 150 managers and 2,000 agents. Managed ~$6M annual budget, P&L, KPIs, and client/customer relationships. Reported to Chief Operating Officer (COO).
* Transformed Redzone account with keystone client, PayPal, into performing account 10 days ahead of 90-day deadline, grew account from $4M to $20M, and won eBay business. Provided aggressive leadership to address poor management, employee morale/engagement, and client communications.
* Contributed to company recognition as Rising Star in contact center operations by BPO industry by consistently growing company with progressive 100% expansion YoY.
ACCENT MARKETING – TRINIDAD, WEST INDIES
DECEMBER 2003 – JUNE 2005
Recruited to salvage company’s largest domestic client, Sprint PCS. Managed operations, financials, and strategic planning for contact center. Led leadership team of five operations managers, with 1050 total staff.
* Saved Sprint PCS account by turning call center around to become #1 of 24 centers worldwide in sales and performance within six months.
* Ensured client/customer satisfaction through relationship building, employee development, and management to business/client objectives and KPIs.
STAFFMARK, INC. – LOS ANGELES, CA
OCTOBER 2002 – NOVEMBER 2003
Supported recruitment and staffing of corporate customer care and account managers for Los Angeles Times, Harte-Hanks, and ChaseCom. Managed P&L and operations for 500+ representatives at LA Times call center.
* Attained 200% increase in staffing for both Los Angeles Times and Harte-Hanks, and doubled staffing at ChaseCom by revamping hiring strategy to attract and retain key performers.
* Gained exposure to recruiting industry and best practices.
NEXTEL PARTNERS, INC. – KIRKLAND, WA
JULY 2000 – OCTOBER 2002
STRATEGIC INITIATIVES AND CUSTOMER CARE MANAGER
Facilitated and managed daily operations for 350 inbound customer care and sales representatives. Initiated, managed, and/or supported strategic initiatives supporting customer care, accounts receivable, customer retention, and outside sales activities. Led team of 12 operations staff.
* Saved $3.5M in annual lost revenue by migrating business from written contracts to computerized contracting process.
* Optimized call center management systems by selecting, negotiating procurement, and implementing business and system products including NICE, CenterVue, ISAAC, Aspect, Vantive/TRIS, IVR, Oracle, Novell, and ACD-Symposium.
* Minimized customer complaints through gap analysis and implementation of customer interaction improvement initiatives and organizational improvement processes nationwide.
* Fostered environment of communication, innovation, and change by building national task forces of functional leadership to identify and address areas of needed improvement.
* Maximized customer service quality standards by developing customer service enhancement program that including policy, ideology, training, and metrics reporting.
AT&T WIRELESS SERVICES – PITTSBURGH, PA
JANUARY 1998 – JULY 2000
CUSTOMER CARE CENTER MANAGER
Managed all facets of 133-person call center, including policy and procedure development, program administration, systems optimization, and performance management to KPIs. Led team of six direct reports.
* Played instrumental role in expanding call center operation from 43 total employees to 45 exempt and 545 non-exempt staff within 14 months.
* Exceeded customer service satisfaction goals by 40%, while reversing negative trend of excessive rehiring, by establishing proactive, team-focused work environment and initiating QA program, CRM protocols, and management competency improvement program.
* Strengthened capability to rapidly respond and maintain market leadership in competitive environment by developing and implementing quality improvement program for 29 managers and supervisors.
* Enabled process improvement initiatives by creating and leading team to establish critical priorities, communicate goals, and institute process improvement/”Corp-de-spirit” environment.
* Fueled deliverable and billing process improvements as member of task force that established national inventory management support center.
USAirways – Customer Service Operation Manager in St. Croix, Project Manager – International Commerce in Pittsburgh, PA, and International Marketing Analyst in Arlington, VA.
ROBERT MORRIS COLLEGE – PITTSBURGH, PA
BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAM IN CONSUMER MARKETING AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Dale Carnegie Leadership Foundation
Six Sigma Black Belt and Executive Sponsor
> “Paul is an outstanding, multifaceted business partner…he does not limit his engagement to operational specific issues, but works to solve broader business issues.” ~ Justin “Judd” Hinkle, COO at CellularOne
> “Paul did an outstanding job in not only helping us to successfully outsource our operations to a near shore facility, but the contact centers that Paul was responsible for performed extremely well under his leadership.” ~ Gary Owens, Senior Vice President at Sprint
> “[Paul] has a solid understanding of the interconnectivity of technology, process, people and financials. From a leadership perspective, he takes seriously the responsibility of coaching and developing his people to become more successful which is a key to his success.” ~ Mitch Galutera, Managing Director at InContact