Walter S. Leach
*** ****** ****** ******* *******, Maryland 20743
• Professional Custodian with excellent customer service skills, prompt, dedicated and punctual
• Able to handle a high volume of customer calls, with minimum supervision
• Excellent listening skills, orals and written communications
• Comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization and general public
• Able to make decisions independently and quickly with minimal escalations.
Olympus Building Services, Inc. Washington, DC
Custodian, Cleaning, Recycling Technician, March 2002 - October 2010
• Pulled recycle paper, plastics and metals.
• Sorted materials and prepared items for shipment and further processing. Collect, brake down, bail and compressed boxes.
• Cleaned inside/outside of building, this includes the removal of trash, snow and disposal of leaves.
• Maintained the upkeep of lawns, sidewalks and entrances ensuring the safety of staff and residents.
• Monitored/Maintained restrooms ensuring that paper goods and supplies were replenished, also the proper use and storage of all cleaning agents.
United States Soldier and Airman’s Home, Washington, DC
Food Service Worker July 2000-June 2001
• Performed duties which combine preparing and serving food and nonalcoholic beverages.
• Read daily menus, assisted in preparation of menus.
• Serve each diet to specifications, serve meals from steam line, set up condiment stations, wait and bus tables.
• Pulled, washed and stored dishes/silverware after each meal. Sanitized the work area.
Davis Memorial Goodwill Industries, Washington, DC
Housekeeping Cleaner October 1997-July 2000
• Maintained buildings in clean and orderly condition.
• Stripped, waxed, buffed floors and shampooed carpets as necessary.
• Made beds, replenished linens, and cleaned/vacuumed rooms.
General Maintenance Inc, Washington, DC
Floor Technician March 1990-November 1994
• Kept buildings in clean and orderly condition.
• Performed heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washed walls and glass, removed rubbish, cleaned snow or debris from sidewalk.
• Maintained upkeep of all building machines.
Walter S. Leach, continued
Mayflower Hotel, Washington, DC
Banquet Steward March 1977- September 1980
• Directly supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in preparing and serving food.
• Delivered, arranged and retrieved food in the banquet areas for each party.
• Utilized requisitions to ensure that orders for alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, condiments, and foods were according to specifications.
Education and Training
Federal City College, Academic Curriculum
Strayer College, Computer Programer(Incomplete)
Housekeeping Techniquies, Dietary and Ware-Warewashing
AdultMarketing Educational Program
Armstrong Adult Educationall District Public School System ( GED ),
Occupational Licenses & Certificates
Certificate of Completion(Arlington Publ Adult Marketing Education Program of VA 10/1994
Certificate of Completion Skilled Trades, and Joint-Laborers Union 08/1981
Honors & Activities
Awarded Certificate of Appreciation - Department of Agriculture. 2006
Awarded Certificate of Participation - SEIU -Local32BJ 2007
Human Resource Assistant
Washington, DC - ceridian, denise, defense, personnel, internet,...
Washington, DC - dietary, food, items, room, food service, walter,...
Customer Service Medical
Washington, DC - dme, walter, reed, respiratory, dc, army,...
Customer Service Cdl Driver
Washington, DC - cdl, cdl driver, walter, bus, driver, top secret,...
High School Medical
Washington, DC - housekeeping, walter, dc, reed, food, highschool,...
Customer Service High School
Washington, DC - sep, dc, receptionist, walter, pl, seasonal, reed,...
Arlington, VA - walter, reed, housekeeping, army, property, guest,...