|LAWRENCE S. CUTLER
* ****** *******
Derry, New Hampshire 03038
Home: (603) ***-**** Cell: (603) ***-****
Programming Languages: C, Perl, TCL, Assembly
Software Tools: GNU, Green Hills, NetBeans, ICE51,Bugzilla,
ClearCase, CVS, Mentor(Questa), ClearQuest
Hardware: PPC750, PPC74xx, HT-63484, 80C196, 8051
Network Test Equipment: Spirent, JDSU ONT-40/43G, JDSU ONT Module-E
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, UNIX, Cygwin, VMware
Standards: ITU-T: G.7041, G.709
Protocols: OTN, RapidIO, 10GE, 10GE WAN, JTAG, IEEE 802.1p:
LAN Layer 2 QoS
2011 – 2012 Applied Micro Devices Wilmington, MA
Senior Validation Engineer (contractor)
• Developed validation tests to verify OTN multiprotocol ASIC. These tests verified OTN multiplexing capabilities of ODU2, ODU1 and ODU0 sublayers. Tests were written in Perl and automated to test these features. This was accomplished using JDSU ONT-40/43G test equipment.
2008 – 2011 Vitesse Semiconductor Westford, MA
Senior MTS Validation Engineer
• Successfully validated and released an OTN multiprotocol ASIC. This was accomplished while severely understaffed due to offshore outsourcing of the design center.
• Designed test API infrastructure using TCL for OTN multiprotocol ASIC. This was performed utilizing Spirent and JDSU ONT Module-E LAN/WAN/OTN network test equipment.
• Automated tests utilizing TCL on a Linux platform.
• Developed test methodologies and strategies used for verifying multiprotocol designs.
• Working with the chip development team incorporating a test environment that validates the design/functionality of semiconductors.
• Performed gate simulations/debug on OTN multiprotocol ASIC.
• Collaborated with company’s offshore engineering division. This included resolving and supporting this facility for test and asic validation issues.
2006 - 2007 Cedar Point Communications, Derry, NH
Senior Diagnostics Engineer
• Developed diagnostics for VoIP based designs. This consisted of modifying existing device drivers to test DS1, DS3, 10GBE, network processor and I2C hardware.
1997-2006 Mercury Computer Systems, Chelmsford, MA
Senior Hardware Diagnostics Engineer
• Decreased design implementation times of diagnostic development by architecting code to easily adapt to similar hardware.
• Developed diagnostics for RapidIO based design. Product consisted of a Tundra TSi109 bridge, proprietary hardware and MPC7448 processor.
• Architected interrupt handler on PowerPC for RapidIO asic.
• Diagnosed board design problems prior to release to manufacturing. This saved the company considerable expense due to potential cost incurred from field returns and field upgrades.
• Worked as a key member of a diagnostic team to combine embedded diagnostics from two groups.
• Designed traffic tests to validate asic arbitration logic in multiprocessor configurations.
• Implemented algorithm library which performed FFTs to test typical thermal characteristics of PowerPC based products.
• Automated diagnostic system tests using “TCL” and embedded C.
• Developed code for PowerPC kernel to allow access of local and remote RapidIO resources.
• Designed the diagnostics and BSP to support RapidIO PowerPC based products.
• Developed embedded diagnostics in "C" and “Assembly” to perform DVT. Products included RapidIO based designs used on CPCI/PCI/VME platforms. Diagnostics were developed using product functional specifications. Products included various PowerPC processors, custom asics, flash proms and other miscellaneous proprietary hardware.
• Diagnostics developed were utilized by Engineering and Manufacturing to validate, test and debug RapidIO based designs.
• Developed test plans and strategies to validate new product and asic designs.
• Engineering lead to several diagnostic engineers to develop RapidIO based diagnostics.
• Represented the company to train Ericsson Engineers from Sweden. Developed training presentations which encompassed hardware functionality and how the diagnostics were utilized to test these products.
1996-1997 Radionics Inc.,Burlington,MA
Firmware Development Engineer
• Enhanced firmware for PID controlled medical device using 8051 microcontroller.
1993-1996 Fireye Inc., Derry, NH
Software Development Engineer
• Developed firmware in "C" and "Assembly" using 80C196 microcontroller for Timers, DMA and AD converters.
• Designed software to test prototypes.
1989-1993 Analog Devices, Wilmington,MA
• Supported and enhanced test software for data acquisition based products.
• Wrote software to diagnose defective die within hybrids.
• Developed automated test diagnostics to reduce test time and improve accuracy. This was performed using "IEEE" programming using HP test instruments and LTS 2020 ATE tester.
• Implemented test program to screen defective die.
1987- 1989 Imagraph Corp., Chelmsford, MA
• Responsible for resolving design/debug of high resolution graphic boards. (Hitachi 63484).
• Evaluated product compatibility with several PC manufactures.
• Maintained OEM support for new and existing product lines.
• Coordinated the release of new products to manufacturing.
• Developed test modules written in C and Assembly.
• Developed test plans for product verification.
Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts
Northeast Institute of Industrial Technology, Boston, Massachusetts
Merrimack College, Andover, Massachusetts
Data Structures, "C" programming,
Software Engineering Design
AWARDS/ PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Michael Schneider Award for Excellence, Mercury Computer Systems
Embedded Programming; University of Massachusetts, Lowell, Massachusetts
MPC750 Technical Training, Motorola, San Jose, California
MPC8540 Technical Training, Freescale, Woburn, Massachusetts
Similar ResumesEngineer Design Project Engineering Manufacturing
- stress analysis, agm, mrap, windchill, stryker,...Oracle EBS consultant
Castle Rock, CO
- demantra, configurator, eam,...Project Manager Software Management Java Business Analyst
- telerik, aspx, actuate, jboss, tfs, jquery, struts,...Software Engineer Development Developer .Net Quality Assurance
North Reading, MA
- unix linux, visual basic, bruce, qt, biomarkers,...Business Management Sales Vice President Development
Canada, Vancouver, BC
- smp, quanta, sram, idm, ssd, wlan, doj, lte, 5g,...Embedded Software Firmware Engineer
West Chester, PA
- boot, bios, android, sram, rails, rtos, j2me, fpga,...Manager Quality Medical Device Regulatory Affairs
- very, sub contractor, catheters,...Sr. Quality Supplier Engineer
- tuv, pb, 1990, introduction, control supervisor,...Medical Device Systems QA and Electrical Engineer
- 60601, data loss, iec, fcp, pcie, impedance, iscsi,...Manager Quality Regulatory Affairs Sales Engineering
- sterilization, asq, jean, 13485, weston,...