STEVEN C. DANIEL*** ****** ******
Colonial Beach, Va. 22443
GENERAL MANAGER ~ GENERAL SALES MANAGER
SALES DIRECTOR ~ SALES MANAGER
Highly accomplished, award-winning automotive dealership operations executive with proven ability to increase sales, profitability, customer satisfaction, and market penetration. Special expertise in business turnaround activities, restructuring, and customer relations. Experienced at directing dealerships, delivering superior CSI levels, and exceeding volume goals. Adept at building and leading top-performing teams and overseeing all HR, advertising, marketing, new and used car sales, F&I, and compliance functions. Excellent problem-solving skills.
Operations Management • Dealership Operations • Advertising
Campaign Management • Marketing & Sales Public Relations
Market Analysis • Strategic Planning • Internet Marketing
Staff Training / Motivation Opportunity Development
Negotiations • Community Relations • Cost & Budget Control
Inventory Management • Fixed Operations • Promotions
Clarkesville, MD * 2010
Oversaw all business functions for regional Toyota dealership with 280 new and used cars sold per month, including sales, marketing, fixed operations, service, parts, and finances. Hired, trained, and supervised staff. Created business procedures and plans.
• Consistently met or exceeded district average for sales and CSI.
• Improved profitability and performance by re-staffing entire dealership.
• Increased profits by selling off aging used car inventory.
• Dramatically reduced employee turnover through effective leadership and motivation.
Silver Spring, MD * 2007 - 2009
Directed all business operations for large ford dealership, including P&L, CSI, sales, parts, service, and quality assurance. Hired, trained, and supervised staff.
• Increased new and used car sales from 150 to 200 units per month.
• Improved annual profits to $1.2M.
• Delivered major sales growth by implementing internet sales program.
TOYOTA OF ORLANDO
Orlando, FL * 2006 - 2007
Oversaw all sales operations for Toyota dealership with sales of 700 vehicles per month. Supervised staff of 50. Personally reviewed and closed sales. Monitored performance of staff to ensure maximum customer service levels. Maintained CSI at or above district average.
• Consistently maintained closing ratio at 35% or better.
• Set sales records of 700 to 750 vehicles per month on many occasions.
MORANDE AUTOMOTIVE FAMILY
Naples, FL * 2001-2005
Managed business operations for 5 facilities (Kia, Daewoo, Suzuki, Auto Negotiators, Mazda), including advertising, inventory control, sales, P&L, staffing, CSI, and F&I.
• Directed launch of new Mazda franchise in Naples that generated profits in first month.
COURTESY MITSUBISHI HYUNDAI
Tampa, FL * 2002
General Sales Manager
Lead sales functions for 2 dealerships. Hired, trained, and supervised staff. Managing financing (A to F) in heavy sub-prime market.
• Increased Hyundai sales 100% and Mitsubishi sales 34% in first 3 months.
• Consistently met or exceeded CSI goals for both locations.
LUSTINE TOYOTA DODGE SATURN
Woodbridge, VA * 1998 - 2001
Oversaw all business operations for dealership with $9M inventory. Supervised staff of 200. Administered $1.2M annual advertising budget.
• Grew new and used car sales from 245 to 350 units per month (43%).
• Increased profitability 30% for Toyota and 35% for Dodge.
• Earned Dodge’s Next Level Sales Objective Award.
ROSENTHAL CAR GROUP
College Park, MD / Tysons Corners, VA * 1992 - 1998
GM, Rosenthal College Park Honda Hyundai (1993-1998)
Promoted through several increasingly responsible positions, including equity partner with Rosenthal Toyota, at dealerships ranging from $9.5M to $12M in annual sales. Supervised staffs as large as 215 persons. Controlled inventories of up to $5.5M.
• Increased vehicle sales 55% at College Park Honda Hyundai, 24% at Tyson Corners Nissan Mazda, and 150% at Rosenthal Toyota.
• Grew CSI from 78.9 to 95.6 at College Park Honda Hyundai. Led Tysons Corner Nissan Mazda to Number One CSI in USA (1996).
• Improved front end gross 50% on average, and back end gross 45% on average.
• Lowered annual expenses $933,000 at College Park Honda Hyundai while increasing monthly profits from zero to $100,000.
• Achieved double-digit increases in labor sales at every dealership.
• Reduced expenses $500,000 per month at Tysons Corner Nissan Mazda.
General Sales Manager, Rosenthal Toyota (1992-1993)
Managed daily operations of large dealership. Supervised team of 75 and reduced staff turnover.
• Improved vehicle sales from 200 to 325 per month, and increased CSI 15%.
• Delivered 83% increase in front end gross and 50% increase in back end gross.
CAREER NOTES: Previously held positions of General Manager and General Sales Manager with BROWNS CAR GROUP (1986-1992). Increased sales and profits every year, grew CSI, and led Browns Toyota to Number One Store in Mid Atlantic Region for Toyota.
Associates Degree in Business Administration, Sacramento State College, Sacramento, CA
Extensive manufacturer’s training from Honda, Toyota, Mazda, and others
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Dodge 5 Star Award, Toyota Touch President’s Award, Nissan Award of Merit (multiple), Toyota Parts & Service Excellence Award