Beryl Wen-ying Kuo Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Career focus (Area of interest): Child Care, Communications, Human Resource-Training, Translation
Top Skills for work: Language, Interpersonal, Customer Service, and computer skills
- Top-performing, highly-motivated and result-oriented teaching/business professional, I have over 20 years of teaching-management experiences and an exceptionally strong record of success in education, supervision-counseling, and recruiting.
- Often known by supervisors, colleagues and students as conscientious, competent, creative, honest, dependable, and dedicated self-starter with proven ability to develop innovative instructional manuals and policies, I am respected by students as natural leader with expertise in wide variety of instructional strategies, cross-cultural knowledge, customer services, and trainings techniques.
- An enthusiastic team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact wit individuals at all levels (especially young children and seniors), I can communicate professionally with very strong public-speaking capabilities.
TEACHING & BUSINESE EXPERIENCES
Aug. 2004- Feb. 2011 Senior Lecturer Tamgang & Tatung University, Taipei, Taiwan
- Teach EFL courses: Business English, Language & Culture, Reading, Writing…
- Develop lesson plans and implemented units in a Reading Workshop setting
- Develop Business English Program for Continuing Education Department
- Design the set-up of a Replacement Centre that gained grant for the university
Sep. 2001-Feb. 2004 Steward Birmingham Symphony Hall, Birmingham UK
- Do all customer services as required and assigned
Aug. 1997-Sep. 2000 Assistant Manager (HR Trainer)National Credit Card Centre, Taiwan
- Design and sat up in-service training for staff and arrange guest speakers for management
- Revise English Year Book& help the President with all contacts/correspondence with foreign firms
Nov. 1994-May 1997 Translator-Interpreter JCH Research Co. Toronto, Canada
- Help the Canadian and Chinese-speaking business group with oral-written communication.
Oct 1994 - Jun 1997 Instructor, Langara College, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Designed curriculum, write teaching materials and teach Business Mandarin / ESL
Aug 1991 - Jul 1993 Lecturer, National Chinghua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
- Teach EFL courses (Reading, Lab Conversation, and Translation: Theory to Practice)
Sep 1989 - Jun 1992 Managing Editor, Modern American Language Magazine, Taipei, Taiwan
- Design curriculum and publish two monthly magazines to cope with daily, radio English teaching programs I produced
- Coordinate all departments to make sure the publication and broadcast recordings are on time for distributions and radio broadcast
- Write-Edit articles with editorial team, and final proofread before sending for the publication
- Take charge of the whole business (e.g. budgeting, purchasing, HR, PR and overall management) after the manager left the work
Aug 1984 - Jul 1991 Lecturer, Chinese Culture University, Taipei, Taiwan
- Teach EFL courses (Introduction to Linguistics, Introductory Western Literature, Drama-Ibsen to Shaw, Reading, Writing…
- Supervise a freshmen class to provide students with academic advice and life counseling Consult students extra curricula activities to combine learning and leisure activities for the ENG Dept.
Sep 1983 - Jun 1984 Language Consultant, Chicago Board of Education, Chicago, IL, USA
- Developed & taught Mandarin as A Second Language programme for Chicago Public High Schools
Sep. 1982- Jul. 1983 Language Centre, University of Chicago, Chicago IL. USA
- Develop/ Teach ‘Mandarin as A Second Language’ program for Chicago Public High Schools
Sep. 1982-May 1983 Post Master in Education –Applied Linguistics, University of Chicago, USA
Sep. 1981-Aug. 1982 M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction, Penn State University, USA
Sep. 1977-Jun. 1981 B.A. in English Language & Literature, Chinese Culture Univ., Taiwan;
HONORS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Expanded the business revenues that saved MAL Magazine from the brink of bankruptcy
- Got frequent recognitions/compliments from audience and managers at Bham Symphony Hall
- Received great appreciation for my teaching-supervision for which students made my birthday an annual celebration in the English Department at CCU and was awarded by Taiwan’s Ministry of Education for good service at the CCU
- Was invited to an Honored Students Luncheon (as the guest of my supervisor) for hard work and good job done in my M.Ed. at Penn. State
LIST of REFERENCE
- Ms. Pamela Lin, (professional) CEO & President, Tatung Group 886-2-25925252 ext 2207;
- Prof. Mary M. Dupius, (academic) Emeritus of Education 1-814-***-****; email@example.com
- Dr. Kasia Boddy, (academic) Senior Lecturer 44-020-7679-3659; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Richard Berwick (academic) ESL Dept. Capilano University, North Vancouver BC; Tel.: 604-***- ****; Email: email@example.com
- Prof. Pen-Chung Yew, (personal) Head of Computer Science & Engineering Dept. Univ. of Minnesota
ESL and Mandarin teaching
Canada, NL - esl, mandarin, nancy, lecturer, interpreter,...
High School English
New York, NY - esl, chinese, mandarin, eng, help, appointments,...
Germany, Aschaffenburg - mandarin, chinese, esl, german, teacher, elizabeth,...
New York, NY - esl, teacher, sep, chinese, th, mandarin, lecturer,...
Health Clinical Research
Minneapolis, MN - clinical research, subjects, mri, minnesota,...
Mandarin Teacher, Events Coordinator
United States - mandarin, chinese, organized, coordinator, teach,...
High School Teacher
Little Rock, AR - esl, old, teach, teacher, little, proficiency,...