|J. Alan Pughes
**** **** ******* *****, *********, NV 89074 ● 702-***-**** (H) ● 702-***-**** (C) ● firstname.lastname@example.org
Dynamic leader with a record of growing organizations.
Executive with experience in four organizations accomplishing increased profitability, positive culture change, introduction of new products and services, and creating an environment of excellence. Passionate about making a difference in organizations and people’s lives.
Skills & Attributes Include:
● Developing / Growing Organizations ● Strategic Plan Development / Implementation
● New Product / Service Introductions ● Financial Controls
● Resource Maximization ● Obtaining “buy-in” for Critical Decisions
● Focus on Excellence ● Management Team Restructuring
● Providing Value & Service ● Negotiating
Sr. Executive Director
American Association of Government Finance 2010-present
A membership based organization providing services and support to small businesses primarily through packaging and placement of Small Business Administration 7(a) and 504 government guaranteed loans; education and training programs; and support services that contribute to the success of small business.
This is a new company initiated in 2010 to promote the success of small business, facilitate the process of obtaining government guaranteed loans from lending institutions and coordinate b2b services in support of small business.
Accountable to the owner for creating organizational structure and implementation of operating processes to increase membership and sales. Responsible for expanding organizational relationships with financial institutions, organizations providing b2b services and small business across America and increasing membership of AMAGF.
• Redefined membership benefits by types including “Preferred Members”, “Advocate Members” and “Affiliate Members”.
• Restructured organizational responsibilities to improve effectiveness of Team Members and focus on achievement of short term goals.
Community One Federal Credit Union 1999-2009
A Community-chartered credit union with $160 Million in assets and 22,000 members.
Asked to assume leadership to direct the implementation of a new community charter. Provided direction and planning to guide the organization through required changes. Managed growth and development of the organization. Accountable to Board of Directors for implementation of strategic plans to achieve long-term goals and maximization of resources for member benefit.
• The credit union experienced over 70% growth from $90 million in assets, and 19,000 members to $160 million in assets, and 22,000 members.
• Expanded credit union from three (3) to five (5) branches, two in grocery stores.
• Increased and enhanced product mix and services to members including a full line of Small Business Services, Small Business Loans, Commercial Real Estate Loans, and SBA Certification. All were accomplished simultaneously with a restructuring of the management team, creation of an aggressive strategic plan, and a commitment to hiring the best and creating a culture of superior member service.
• Successfully resolved the negative impact of an existing indirect lending program that had been without proper safeguards and controls.
• Expanded controls to improve the asset quality of loan portfolio and implemented safeguards in the asset recovery process.
• Improved controls within the ALM process and control of interest rate risk.
• Changes made over 10 years resulted in a new culture aligned with the charter. Increased competency level of key departments. The credit union is now known as one of the more progressive credit unions in Nevada, offering a wide variety of products and providing significantly enhanced service options for members.
Silver State Schools Federal Credit Union 1988-1999
Since 1951, a premier financial cooperative owned and operated by its members with locations throughout the Las Vegas valley, providing a quality banking alternative for members.
• Growth in assets from $100 million to $300 million; membership growth from 18,000 to 38,000, growth of capital/asset ratio from <6% to 10+%, while assets grew more than 200%.
• Installation of asset/liability program to monitor and control exposure of interest rate risk.
• Construction of a new 45,000 sq. ft. main office facility, and the opening of four new branches, including a student-operated credit union in a local high school.
• Conversion of the ATMs from another system to the CO-OP Network, which greatly expanded the availability of ATM access to members. The credit union added debit cards to the product mix through the CO-OP, and became a shareholder.
• Complete revision of the salary administration and performance management systems. Installed incentive payment programs throughout the credit union.
• Implementation of a credit-union-wide training program to enhance supervisors’ coaching skills and employees’ member service skills.
• Introduction of a Home Branching (PC banking) program as well as a telephone or PC bill payment program; indirect lending and an auto lease program.
• Development and installation of a comprehensive first mortgage program; and installation of a credit union service organization offering annuities, mutual funds and limited discount brokerage services to members.
CEO / CFO (Started as CFO and became CEO in 1983)
Lowry Federal Credit Union, Lowry AFB, CO 1982-1988
An $80 million, full service financial institution serving 32,000 members worldwide. Membership consisted primarily of civilian and military personnel at Lowry AFB.
• Growth in total assets from $37 million to $80 million and membership growth from 27,000 to 32,000.
• Installation of a Funds Management and Asset/Liability Management program
• Construction of a new main office facility and opening of three (3) branch offices.
• Organization and sponsorship of Kent Denver Student Credit Union.
• Installation of a new salary administration and position evaluation system.
• Development of a full-service consumer lending program that included self-replenishing lines-of-credit, home equity lines-of-credit, and VISA credit cards.
Metro Catholic Credit Union, Denver, CO 1973-1982
A $9 Million credit union with membership consisting of congregations of 12 churches and 16 select employee groups serving a total of approximately 4,000 members.
Began working part-time for this organization as a student, accepted full-time employment, and in time was promoted to President.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Finance
University of Colorado
Certificate of Educational Achievement in Real Estate
University of Colorado, Continuing Education Department
Various certificates and training including:
Financial Counseling, Arizona State University
Financial Management, University of Colorado
Professional & Community Organizations
Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce Board of Advisors 1996-2009
President’s Associate, University of Nevada Las Vegas Foundation 1994-2009
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation 2003-2008
Board Member & Treasurer, Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Nevada 2005-present
Board Member, CU Business Partners, LLC
(A company by credit unions, for credit unions, offering Member Business Loans)
President, Nevada Credit Union Executives Society (CUES) Council 2001-2006
Political Action Committee Member, Nevada Credit Union League 2002-2009
Credit Union Development Education Program, World Council of Credit Unions 1983-present
Owner Advisory Council Member, Cuna Mutual Insurance Group 2004-2005
Research Council Member, Filene Research Institute 1996-2002
Image Enhancement Committee Member, California Credit Union League, 2003
Government Relations Committee Member, Nevada Credit Union League 2002-2009
Awards & Publications
2002 Outstanding Advocate Award--Nevada Credit Union League Political Action Committee
Nevada Business Journal Executives Face-to-Face
Credit Union Digest Executive BIO Feature
Outstanding Delegate--National Youth Involvement Board
Credit Union Magazine 50 Years Anniversary Interview
Credit Union Executive Society Management Monograph
“Convenience Lending: Topping the Pricing Advantage”
Credit Union Operations – Credit Union Certificate Course Instructor
Similar ResumesPresident, executive vice president, ceo
FL - mortgage, underwriter, ohio, loan, cleveland,...Prior CFO
Half Moon Bay, CA - mark, chief, loan, officer, cfo, www, combine,...Mortgage Professional/ Manager
Chesterfield, MO - mortgage, mo, manager, professional, us,...Sales Business Development Real Estate Marketing
Ballwin, MO - ability, level sales, cpa, commercial real estate,...Financial Banking/Credit Union Divison Manager
Pleasant Ridge, MI - mortgage, lending, automotive, banking,...Administrative Assistant
Henderson, NV - vegas nv, las vegas nv, services inc, origination,...Finance Manager/Controller
Las Vegas, NV - accountant, cpa, nuclear, las, vegas, sacramento,...Manager of Asset & Liability Managment
Fremont, CA - mark, mm, net, risk, asset, analyst, sheet,...Experienced Sales Professional/Manager
United States - cisco, qc, asp, telecom, wayne, nj, sales, ip,...Plant Controller/Cost Accounting Manager
Glenpool, OK - strategic planning, cost accountant, reduce, held,...