Tanmay Parikh | 732-***-****
• 9 years of strong IT experience in development and implementation of enterprise applications using JAVA, J2EE.
• Excellent designing, architecting, debugging, troubleshooting skills.
• Thorough in J2EE technologies like Spring, Hibernate, Web Services, Design Patterns, SOA, SOAP, Struts, Tiles, MVC, EJB, MQ Series, JMS, JSP, Servlets.
• Have worked on application servers like Weblogic, Websphere, Tomcat, JBoss, JRun.
• Strong in databases like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL.
• Worked with development tools like TOAD, Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, WSAD, Ant, Maven, XDoclet, WSAD.
• Experience in various J2EE Frameworks like JSF, MyFaces, iBATIS, JIBX, JAXB, AJAX, DWR, GWT, DOJO.
• Used testing framework like JUnit, HTTPUnit, DBUnit, STIQ, JMock.
• Have implemented Cruise Control and CC.NET for the continuous build.
• Strong experience on AGILE (SCRUM) and Waterfall SDLC.
• Proficient in Java Multi Threading, Socket programming, Swing programming.
• Ability to deliver high quality stuff very efficiently.
Bachelor of Computer Science
Java Technologies Java 1.4/5/6, Spring 2.5, Hibernate 3.2, Web Services, SOA, SOAP, Axis 1.x/2.x, EJB 1.1/2.0, JSF, My Faces, Struts 2.0, iBATIS 2.2, Servlets 2.1, JSP 1.2, JSTL, JMS, JNDI, Applets, JNI, RMI, CXF, Salto DB, JMX
Application Servers BEA Weblogic 10.x / 8.1, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat 5.5, JBoss 3.2.7, JRUN 3.0
RDBMS/Tools JDBC 4.0, Oracle9i / 10g, DB2, MySQL, SQL Server 2005, JTDS
XML Technologies XML Parsers (SAX, DOM, Pull), XSL, XSLT, JIBX, JABX
UI Technologies Java Script, HTML, CSS, Java AWT, Java Swing
AJAX Frameworks GWT, DWR, DOJO
Version Control AccuRev, CVS, SVN, VSS
IDE & Tools Eclipse 3.1, IntelliJ IDEA 6.5, Maven 2.0, Ant 1.x, Log4j, Xdoclets, TOAD 8.0, JBuilder, WSAD 5.1, Magic Draw, UML, Mercury Quality Center, Amber Point
Continuous Integration Cruise Control and CC.NET
Test Frameworks JMock 2.0, JUnit 3.3.1, HTTPUnit 1.6.2, DB Unit, STIQ
Operating System Windows XP / Vista, LINUX, UNIX, UNIX Shell Scripting
PLM AGILE (SCRUM) and Waterfall
Client: T-MOBILE, WA, USA (t-mobile.com) Mar 2008 – Till Date
Project: 1. RSP – Retail Services Portfolio
2. POS – Point of Sale
Role: Senior Developer
Environment: JDK1.4/1.6, JUnit, Cruise Control 2.6, Eclipse 3.1, AGILE (SCRUM), Win XP, BEA Weblogic 8.1/10x, Oracle 9i, UML, Mercury Quality Center, Web Services, SOA, SOAP, EJB, JMS, Spring 2.5, iBATIS 2.2, UML, Amber Point, Axis 2.x, JSP, Servlet, HTML, Java Script
Description: RSP – is a Retail Services Portfolio, it is developed based on SOA and uses SOAP request message as an input, this includes the web services to perform sales related operations for T-Mobile business.
POS – is a web-based application, used by T-Mobile to tender the amount in all retail stores in USA
• Engaged in design, development, dev integration test and supporting QAT as well as production for T-Mobile sales application.
• Did an impact assessment, estimation based on functional specification and provided the
high level & low level design.
• Created web services based on SOA to support T-Mobile business sales operations.
• Provided optimum solution and common framework to deal with whole enhancement.
• Wrote automated test cases using JUnit.
• Involved in designing and developing back end java beans using OOPS.
• Developed client side UI using HTML and Java Script.
• Troubleshoot critical production issues.
• Worked with UI team to integrate the web services with UI.
• Followed AGILE (SCRUM) methodologies, had done sprint planning every two weeks and setup daily stand up meeting to monitor the status.
Client: AT&T, WA, USA (att.com) Apr 2007 – Jan 2008
Project: 1. CinguLINC – Lease Management Application
Role: Senior Developer
Environment: JDK1.5, Spring 2.0, Hibernate 3.2, Spring MVC, Struts 2.0, Tiles, JSTL, Tomcat 5.5, DWR, GWT, DOJO 1.0, JUnit, STIQ, JMock 2.0, AJAX, GWT, DWR, XML, XSL, Cruise Control 2.6, CC.NET, Maven 2.0, Eclipse 3.1, IntelliJ IDEA 6.5, CXF, Salto DB, SQL 2005, JTDS Driver, UML, AGILE (SCRUM), SVN, Magic Draw, Win XP
Description: CinguLINC – is a web-based lease management application which supports the functions required by lease management administration group. It enables users to process all periodic (i.e., monthly, quarterly, yearly) payments for cell sites in the U.S. It also allows the leasing group or other qualified users to record and save information from paper-based site, lease, or sublease agreements into the CinguLINC application.
DocTracker – The doc tracker is a tool that helps to "track" contract packages through the entire contracting process using workflow like activities. The tracker streamlines the process by allowing users to find packages and identify, Where a package is located at any given time, What is the current stage of the package (vendor setup, abstraction, etc), How long the package has been at the current stage (or any stage), How old the package is?
• Involved in designing and developing enhancements per business requirements.
• Did back end java beans development and front end JSP development using Struts.
• Developed web services.
• Wrote GWT code to create presentation layer using GWT widgets and event handlers.
• Created custom composite widgets to make it reusable across the application.
• Migrated the SQL Server stored procedures to Hibernate.
• Wrote unit tests using JUnit, JMock and acceptance tests using STIQ.
• Supported and fixed production defects.
• Configured Cruise Control for continuous integration and nightly build.
• Database migration from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005.
• Performed Test Driven Development.
• Designed UML diagrams using Magic Draw to generate java code on the fly.
• Involved in doing AGILE (SCRUM) practices. Involved in planning of sprint attending daily agile (SCRUM) meetings and SPRINT retrospective meetings.
Client: T-Mobile, WA, USA (t-mobile.com) May 2006 – Feb 2007
Project: EBill Application
Role: Senior Developer
Environment: JDK1.4, JSF, MyFaces, iBATIS 2.2, JIBX 1.1.5, XML Pull Parser, Web Services, JDBC, Oracle9i, Weblogic 8.1, TOAD 8.0, Cruise Control 2.6, Maven 2.0, JUnit, HttpUnit, DBUnit, Eclipse 3.1, Win XP
Description: EBill is a web based application which facilitates T-Mobile customers to view their billed and unbilled real time information online.
• Involved in designing and developing EBill application from scratch.
• Designed and developed highly optimized data caching mechanism using java GZIP technology that works based on in-memory compressed object caching.
• Had done highly optimum development in terms of coding, data structure, and components that can serve 12K concurrent users at a time.
• Wrote XML Pull Parser to import data into Oracle database.
• Created JIBX mappings to create java objects in-memory.
• Designed data structure of the EBill application.
• Developed user interface and custom renderers using JSF and MyFaces.
• Involved in design and development of back end java bean components.
• Developed common library using iBATIS to execute various database commands against Oracle database.
• Taken care of security in EBill application to avoid unauthorized access.
Client: SPRINT Telecom, KS, USA (sprint.com) Oct 2004 – Apr 2006
Project: 1. B2S – Java Screen Scrapers
2. DJS – Credit Matrix Editor
Role: Senior Developer
Environment: JDK1.4, JSP, Servlet, Struts, EJB, JMS, JDBC, Oracle9i, JBoss 3.1, Weblogic 8.1, Apache Server, Site Minder (single sign on), TOAD 8.0, Eclipse 3.0, Win XP, Unix, Unix Shell Scripting, JMX
Description: B2S – is Java Screen Scrapers that is used by Sprint Finance Business Unit to find and block the fraud customers. This java application is interacting with SPRINT legacy systems.
DJS – is a credit matrix editor that facilitates Sprint business unit to manage credit classes. Credit class is used by Sprint to determine the amount of deposit and spending limits for the customers, who are going to avail new handsets and pagers.
• Involved in design, development, implementation and maintenance.
• Wrote Java parsers to parse the files for different Java screen scrapers.
• Coded MBean using JMX to monitor the 23 Java screen scrapers.
• Enhanced common Java screen scrapers framework to serve business needs.
• Developed common database library to execute various database commands like select, insert, update and delete against Oracle database.
• Created and maintained EJB components, Java screen scrapers use EJB to interact with database and legacy sprint mainframe applications.
• Developed user interface using JSP, Servlets and Struts.
• Taken care of complete Java multi threading part in back end components.
• Created build, deployment and configuration related scripts for Maven.
• Supported this application 24x7 and fixed complex production issues.
• Developed library for DJS transactions to EI database, which are used to add and update the EI database.
• Created interactive DJS UI using JSP and Servlets.
• Wrote back end components for DJS to send messages to MQ, which in-turn updates the EI database.
• Developed Unix Shell scripts to run cron jobs every mid night to update EI database.
• Taken care of multi threading in back end java beans.
• Debugged and fixed complex EI database related business transactions issues.
• Implemented application on development, test, break-fix and production application server BEA Weblogic.
• Integrated site minder for the sign-on to the application using Apache Server.
• Responsible for all build scripts, and deployment descriptors.
• Involved in database designing and application designing.
Client: Aris Global, CT, USA (arisglobal.com) Apr 2004 – Sep 2004
Project: Register 4i – Global Registration Tracking System
Role: Senior Developer
Environment: JDK1.4, JSP, Servlet, Struts, JDBC, Oracle9i, Oracle Stored Procedures JRUN 3.0, BEA Weblogic 7.0, TOAD 7.0, IntelliJ IDEA 4.5, Win XP
Description: Register 4i provides Global Registration Tracking system for Pharmaceutical companies and facilitates them to track complete drug information from inception to manufacturing.
• Created backend components to parse XML using SAX and DOM XML parser.
• Developed java Bean Tags.
• Developed Exception Handling Framework for whole system.
• Taken care of Java multi threading in common java classes / library.
• Created Oracle Record Locking Framework, to restrict user from concurrent updates.
• Developed UI using JSP, Servlets and Struts.
• Wrote and enhanced Oracle stored procedures and functions, which were having complex business logic; related to the drug variations.
• Created wrapper classes for Java collections.
• Implemented application on JRUN and BEA Weblogic development and production servers.
Client: MortgageHub Inc. PA, USA (mortgagehub.com) Oct 2003 – Mar 2004
Project: Website Publishing Manager
Role: Senior Developer
Environment: JDK1.4, JSP, Servlet, JDBC, Oracle9i, JRUN 4.0, TOAD 7.0, Win XP, BEA Weblogic 7.0
Description: Website Publishing Manager is powerful web-based application that allows user to publish data (thousands of binary files) from one location to other location. The architecture was fully distributed; it was having File Server, Database Server, Authentication Server and Website Publishing Manager running at different-different locations
• Involved in designing and developing database in Oracle and front-end web forms using JSP and Servlets.
• Created Java parsers to parse mortgage related binary files.
• Implemented common classes to upload and download files using FTP.
• Created file view / upload /download related user interface using Java Applet, this applet was interacting with Java Servlet to get data from server.
• Developed common library for the user authentication and file publishing.
• Deployed application on development and production server Apache Tomcat.
• Wrote common java script related functions servers.
• Troubleshoot critical QAT and production defects.
Client: SCS Direct, UK (scsdirect.com) Apr 2002 - Sep 2003
Project: 1. Online Web Count
2. Chat Applications
Role: Senior Developer
Environment: JDK1.3, Java Applets, Servlets, JSP, MySQL 3.0, MS Access 2000, Swift MQ – Messaging Server, MS SQL Server 7.0, Apache Tomcat 4.0
Description: Online Web Count – is used by customers to get online counts per user specified criteria from any database configured by administrator. User can specify his search criteria using the powerful user interface designed as a Java Applet. User can order the counts online, also can request reports in PDF format. The application was optimized for performance for using against large size database (about 4 crore rows).
Chat Applications – This project involves design and development of chat applications using Java Messaging. It has two modules: admin and user. Using Admin interface, administrator can manage members and chat rooms, can assign privileges (public/private) to room, etc., Using user chat interface, user can chat in a room (public chat) and can chat personally (private instant messaging).
• Involved in analysis, design, development and testing.
• Did front-end development using Applets, JSP and Servlet, using which user can provide search criteria.
• Implemented complex back-end component to get the count in no time against large size MySQL database (about 4 crore rows) using Java multi threading.
• Provided feature to store criteria as a profile and during next search user can combined saved profile to other search criteria too.
• Implemented and tested application on Apache Tomcat on development and production environment.
• Provided detail design document on chat applications and did the database design.
• Created powerful back-end chat component using SwiftMQ that can be plugged with any UI.
• Developed rich chat user interface as a Java Applet for both Room and IM chat.
• Handled Java multi threading part in back-end component, one thread will be running for each user, which serves that user.
Client: Nomadix Inc. CA, USA (nomadix.com) Sep 2000 - Mar 2002
Project: CMS – Centralized Management System
Environment: JDK1.3, MySQL 3.0, Win 98
Description: CMS allows administrators to upgrade firmware for all Nomadix’s telecom equipments USGTM on their customer’s network from a centralized user interface. Once the new upgrade files has transferred and verified, CMS application sends reboot command in XML format to USGTM equipment, and it is rebooted automatically.
• Had done application and database design.
• Worked on front-end development using Java Swing for database related operation, files upload related operations and created rich user interface to convert file from lower version to higher version as well as user interface to define the format of the files version wise.
• Have done FTP implementation to upload and download files.
• Wrapped all common MySQL database related operations like open and close a connection, fire insert, update, delete query against MySQL database in a java component.
• Customized swing controls like JTable, JTree, JTextPane, Jlist, JTextPane to create rich UI.
Client: Elegant Microweb, INDIA (elegantmicroweb.com) Sep 1999 – Aug 2000
Project: Library of Java Beans Components
Environment: JDK1.3, Win 98, UNIX, Forte4Java, JBuilder, JDeveloper, IBM Visual Age
Description: A library of various Java Bean components like, SMTP client, POP3 client, Database Query Painter for generating SQL queries, Grid and Tree components in AWT, Printer component, and Java PDF Library.
• Grid and Tree components development with advanced features.
• Developed network related components like SMTP, POP3.
• Created printer component from scratch; which prints any Java UI component on the fly.
• Provided unique feature of batch printing in Java, to avoid huge printer data congestion.
• Developed PDF library to create PDFs using any Java program.
• Provided support for Type1, True Type and CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Koeran) fonts in PDF.
• Developed PDFGraphics to create PDF from any Java component like JTable, JTextPane etc.