Ann O. Morgan, RN, MSHRA, PHR***** **** ****** **. ****
Reston, VA 20194 Email:email@example.com
Senior Recruiter/ Recruitment Manager
High performance recruitment/retention expert in healthcare industry with 15+ years of professional experience leading high volume hiring initiatives in Nursing, Allied Health, IT, Finance, & Management. Proven sales agent skilled at leading and motivating recruitment teams to succeed in highly, competitive market with emphasis on QUALITY hiring. Seeking permanent, long term position following completion of military relocations.
. Talent Acquisition . Workforce Planning & Budget Oversight
. Performance Management & ATS . HR Policy Development
. Staff Development & Succession Planning . Metrics for Performance Improvement
SIBLEY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL 02/10- Present
Talent Management Specialist
Full life cycle recruitment for all levels of healthcare and non-healthcare employees including hourly and exempt level positions. Project management to include process improvement, web redesign, succession planning.
GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL (temp contract) 07/09- 11/09
Recruitment of nursing staff, both staff and management level, utilizing HR Smart Tracking System
• Exceeded established productivity standards within 2 months, and continue to excel, leading the team in numbers of new hires per month
• Promoted 24 hour turn-around for all Nursing applicants post application
• Established weekly “ Recruitment Rounds” to meet and greet new hires, and follow up with Managers regarding requisition management
MOUNT SINAI MEDICAL CENTER, Miami Beach, FL 2006 – 2008
Recruitment and retention of all levels of management, nursing, allied health and IT & Finance positions. Mentor to junior level recruiters.
• Designed new interview templates for hiring managers to elicit more “quality” hires
• Formed educational partnership with 3 area colleges & universities to enhance corporate visibility. Presented career development workshops for senior students
• Improved HR Metric system to support strategic initiatives, resulting in 50% departmental cost savings & exceeding recruitment goals by 42%
• Mentor to junior recruiters – introduced performance metrics program to the team
• Eliminated the practice of outsourcing our “hard to fill” vacancies in one year by utilizing creative recruitment techniques, resulting in excess of $200,000 departmental savings
PEOPLE TO PEOPLE AMBASSADOR PROGRAM 2003-2005
Delegate to China
Volunteer program for exchanging best care practices among the healthcare industry leaders. Promoted increased dialogue between Chinese healthcare officials and US healthcare delegates to enhance diplomatic ties.
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS MEDICAL BRANCH, Galveston, TX 2002-2003
Associate Director of Nurse Recruitment
Strategic management of the nurse recruitment program encompassing 6 large hospitals and approximately 78 clinics throughout south Texas. Directed a department of 5, including 2 nurse recruiters and 3 administrative support staff.
• Developed new policies and procedures to reduce “time to fill” vacancies
• Forged new partnership with Human Resources to enhance Nurse Recruitment strategic initiatives and support professional development of recruitment staff
• Reduced advertising expenditures by 52% while utilizing other means (such as Internet job postings, networking) to increase corporate visibility
• Refined tracking system for all new hires and applicants
• Redesigned Recruitment Team’s performance evaluation tool to enhance productivity/professional development. Result: 45% increase in productivity.
CAPITAL HOSPICE, Fairfax, VA 1999-2001
Corporate Healthcare Recruiter
Corporate recruiter for 6 companies in the tri-state area.
• Developed and implemented strategic recruitment and retention strategies.
• Reduced average recruitment time by more than 2 months for 85% of all critical positions
• Redesigned new hire orientation, and assisted with mentorship program
• Established career development and management training programs related to Employment Law and Interviewing Skills for Managers in addition to Leadership in Recruiting (see Publication note)
• Kapiolani Community College, Honolulu, HI. Nursing Faculty.
• Queen’s Medical Center, Honolulu, HI. Nurse Recruiter
• Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Honolulu, HI. Special Delivery Program Coordinator
• Lovelace Medical Center, Albuquerque, NM. Nurse Recruiter
• US Air Force, Captain. Nurse Recruiter and Med-Surg staff nurse.
University of Virginia Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Central Michigan University Masters of Science in HR Administration
“Marketing Yourself for Success” 2000, & 2007
Wrote, edited and published a manual to assist recent college graduates with interview skills, resume preparation, and general marketing strategy.
• Member – National Association of Healthcare Recruiters
o Former executive board member of Washington Area Healthcare Recruiters Association (2000-2001)
• Member – Society of Human Resource Management
o PHR Certification – 2008
• Member – American Society of Hospitals Human Resources Association
• RN license (active) – 2010, Florida
(Inactive) – VA, HI, OH, NM, TX