Engineer Project Manager Manufacturing Maintenance
Free job ad
|Thomas F. Holland
**** ***** ********* **. 209-***-****
Merced, CA 95340 email@example.com
• Experienced Maintenance Manager/Engineer with purchasing and other major responsibilities.
• Responsible for plant safety plus $1.5 million maintenance/ $10-15 million engineering budgets annually.
• Very experienced working with industrial parts including power transmission, electrical and plumbing.
• Utilized many software packages including email, word processing, etc.
• Experienced with stock and inventory control concepts and procedures.
• Originated and implemented a PM/ MRO program that decreased down time 25% for previous employer.
• Extensive knowledge and hands on experience with electrical, pneumatic, steam and hydraulic systems.
• Increased production manufacturing efficiencies from 75% to 95+%.
• Experienced with HACCP, USDA, FDA, CAL-OSHA rules and regulations.
• Increased production capacities decreasing raw material costs 20%.
• Increased production capacities reducing maintenance equipment operational costs 25%.
• Quadrupled raw material throughput reducing production cost 50%.
• Engineered larger production capacities that reduced required growing season length and costs 20%.
• Very detailed oriented with 25+ years experience in food and personal safety, food and equipment manufacturing, food processing, packaging, maintenance and repairs, engineering, equipment installations and high speed handling and production equipment.
PROFESSIONAL CAREER HISTORY:
Process Packaging Machinery, Merced, Ca. February 2011 - March 2012
Microbrewery Machinery Equipment Manufacturer
• Machine manufacturing and quality.
• Manage and lead shop personnel through fabrication and assembly of complete processing systems for the brewery and carbonated drink industries.
• Manufacture complete custom systems including sanitizers, labelers, packaging, filling, crowning/capping and material handling equipment.
• Provide design upgrades, assembling, testing, and installation, start up and field technician troubleshooting and repair.
• Take charge of shop fabrication and assembly operations; manage equipment quality, installations, field tech troubleshooting, repairs and start ups.
Unilever Bestfoods Merced, CA. (Ragu Foods) May 1977 - Feb. 1980 & June 1981 - Jan. 2004
Tomato Paste, Ragu' & Bertolli Pasta Sauce Manufacturer - 180 thousand ton per hour aseptic tomato paste
evaporation facility. Utilized thermal, aseptic hot-fill, filling, capping, labeling, packaging, palletizing operations.
• Introduced the first Merced Ragu' plant PM/MRO program. None existed prior to 1977.
• Redesigned facilities and Reverse Engineered problems to reduce down time and total plant costs.
• Designed developed, engineered and improved performance, manufacturing methods and cost savings.
• Increase plant safety, production and operations and reduce maintenance failures
• Establish M&R expense budget. Yearly M&R Budget Expense averaged 1.5M$
• Budget plant operational improvement CAR's for engineering projects, installations, purchases.
• Issue, coordinate and expedite all seasonal and non seasonal repairs and overhauls.
• Ensure equipment safety, performance, and reliability for 500+ union plant, staff and employees.
• Issue maintenance and engineering policies, work orders, programs and purchases.
• Coordinate vendors, parts inventories, purchases, supplies and contractor repairs.
• Monitor all maintenance and production department operations.
• Personally managed, directed and coordinated repairs to ensure a reliable 7/24 operation.
• Safety Committee Officer. Immediately investigate all safety issues and expedited best action(s).
• Coordinate staff and manage maintenance department. (1 Maintenance Supervisor, 23 Mechanics, 3
Instrument Technicians, Painting Supervisor w/5 man crew and Boiler Room Supervisor.
• Engineered and managed the full life cycle of capital projects from inception to closure including creating
project plans, budgeting, gathering requirements, assembling resources, scheduling and facilitating project execution. Engineering project budget averaged $10-15 million annually.
• Implemented proper timely off season maintenance repairs and engineering changes to decrease boiler problems and allowed paste plant operation aseptic sterility issues to become non-problematic.
The plant had three 100,000 lb steam boilers on line 7/24 during pack season and one as back up.
• Engineered changes to equipment for the pack season that substantially improved production capacity.
• Changes made it possible to increase production output within the same original growing season length.
• Accomplished plant and corporate goals.
• Increased total plant production throughput, production, sales and profits.
• Increased operational efficiencies and profits.
• The MRO program expedited repairs, gave feed back to all individuals and reduced parts inventories.
• The PM program helped to improved machine monitoring and reduced and/or eliminated most unforeseen machine problems or conditions.
• MRO/PM program reduced parts inventories and lowered maintenance and plant expenses.
• Increased pasta sauce production manufacturing efficiency to 95+ %.
• Increased quart container size manufacturing throughput from 275 to 520 cpm.
• Increased pint container size manufacturing throughput from 300 to 600 cpm.
• Increased paste plant production raw material throughput from 4 to 16 trucks per hr.
• Increased the paste plant overall past evaporation production capacity to the improved raw material input capacity of 4 to 16 trucks per hr. This reduced overall cost of paste per lb by 200 - 400 %.
L&A Engineering, Turlock, CA. Feb.1980 – June 1981
Wine, gasohol & food custom equipment manufacturer.
• Multi task manage engineering projects in food, wine and gasohol. Estimate project costs, design
equipment, purchase materials, maintain project reports, and manage installations and start ups.
• Mutual agreement was made to work mainly on food industry related projects which resulted in learning
a large amount of information regarding the supply side of the food equipment manufacturing industry.
Norris Industries, Riverbank, CA 1976 - 1977
Government Armament Contractor
A metal working facility with over 1 million sq. ft under roof contracted to and by the Federal
government to produce military materials. Largest Contractor in Stanislaus County History!
• Wrote specifications, designed material handling inspection and packaging handling systems for
military mortar projectiles.
• Designed material flow and equipment layouts, specified equipment and coordinated installations.
Designed annealing basket that doubled manufacturing capacity and production throughput.
David & Sons, Fresno, Ca. 1972 -1976
Edible Seed/Nut Roasting Processor
LAYOUT DESIGN TECHNICIAN
• Design Fresno's new manufacturing plant and custom proprietary food processing equipment.
Total Project Budget 5+M$.
• Design, engineer, manufacture, install, test R&D equipment and purchased related R&D
equipment and materials. Very Small Project Total of Approximately 1/2M$.
• Completed Fresno expansion on time and under budget.
• Introduced many original proprietary equipment designs still used in David & Sons production.
Rogers Brothers Co., Livingston, Ca. 1970 - 1972
Onion/Garlic Dehydration Company
• Lead Draftsman/Designer on 1.2M$ capital plant expansion project doubling plant capacity.
• Designed custom food equipment and coordinated installations.
• Plant and equipment designs doubled plant throughput.
• Offered production season Mill Foreman position at expansion completion so plant could retain
engineering services during off-season.
• Managed/Supervised 30+ individuals as Mill Foreman.
EDUCATION & PROFICIENCIES:
• USAF - 6 month AGE School & 48 months Ground Equipment Repairman
• Merced College - A.A. Industrial Technology
• Fresno State - Completed 3 years toward B. A. in Industrial Technology.
• UC Davis - Better Processing School
• Unilever - JIPM TPM & 5S Instructor
• Additional Areas of Proficiency:
MRO, PM, GMP, SOP, TPM, 5S, CMMS, HACCP, USDA, FDA, CAL-OSHA,
Windows XP, SAP, MS Office, Outlook, Word, Project, Visio & AutoCAD.
Similar ResumesNichole Banks's Resume--2008
- affair, maid, diana, savvy, physician, wedding,...welding fabricater/plumber/maintenance commercial buildings
- plumber, welding, building maintenance, metal,...Management Manager Quality Control Supply Chain
- brook, dimensions, chain manager,...Manufacturing / Operations / Lean Manufacturing / Management
- manufacturing production, titan, blade, adhesive,...Part Time Supervisor Work Food Hiring Class Handler
Fountain Valley, CA
- cart, floors, checker, cat, laundry, handler,...Experienced AutoCD Operator
- draftsman, architect, reinforcement, revit, fresno,...Carpet,upholstery,rugs and fire and water restoration technician
- carpet cleaning, winery, upholstery, firefighter,...Manager Engineer Project Manufacturing Maintenance
- pabx, rapid, manpower, mba finance, 11kv, pharma,...Customer Service Engineer Electrical Engineering
- electrical estimator, engineer electrical,...Sql Server Business Management Project Manager
- real estate agent, estate agent, database design,...