|SR. PROGRAMMER ANALYST **-** *** Street
Jamaica, NY 11432
MOBILE (917) ***-****
CARLOS J. RAMIREZ
SUMMARY: Responsible, analytical and technically oriented systems professional with heavy expertise hands on using SAS / COBOL in both UNIX and MAINFRAME environments, 20+ years of experience in Information Technology 8+ years of current experience within the Financial Services/Banking industry data architecture, migration management, data structures, and platforms Mobility applications/systems SME, data integrity, data security with CITIGROUP. Particularly structured flowcharting and programming. Additionally, my accomplishments have been achieved by improving information flow within Healthcare and Insurance services. Creative both problem solver and troubleshooter, resourceful and consistent accustomed to a fast paced environment and multiple projects, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Diplomatic negotiator and dealing effectively with all level of management and staff.
Databases: ORACLE /DB2/SQL.
O/S: MVS IBM 370/3033/308X/309X/AIX.
Tools: MAINFRAME / UNIX.
HARDWARE: IBM 370, 3033, 308X, 309X, AIX/6000, AS/400, PC MS/DOS/AST/WINDOWS.
SOFTWARE: SAS, MACROS, SAS COLOR GRAPHICS, DB2, ACCESS, CITRIX, ORACLE, UNIX ETL, CLIENT/SERVER, COGNOS, OS/MVS, VM/CMS, CICS, OS/JCL, UTILITIES, VSAM/IDCAMS, FTP/NDM, PL/SQL, FILEAID, FDR, SYNCSORT, TSO/ISPF, ROSCOE, COBOL, BAL, BEST/1(MVS, CICS, NETWORK) MERRILL/MXG, EPILOG, OMEGAMON, RMF, SMF, HSM, SMS, MS VISIO 2007, MICROSOFT WORD TEMPLATES, SHAREPOINT.
EXPERIENCE: AIG/ALICO WILMINGTON, DELAWARE (09/09 – Present)
Develop markets in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America. ALICO has regional headquarters in Tokyo, Paris, Athens, Dubai, and Santiago, Chile. Working with IT department to extract data for analyst, manipulate and determine valuation reconciliation for existing projects on AS/400, MAINFRAME and UNIX with SAS / COBOL Environment Assisting vendors to create data dictionary for the purpose of creation Prophet models insurance policy for all Actuary Department.
CITIGROUP O’FALLON , MISSOURI (01/01 – 08/09)
• Primary responsibilities with Citibank are develops and maintains productive working relationships with key internal clients, vendors and other IS resources. Support existing system processes and maintain data integrity of the systems. Also, provide production support and on-going maintenance and enhancement projects for existing systems. Using Mainframe processed and transfers data to the UNIX box. Extracted Data Warehouse from DB2, SQL, ORACLE, SAS, COBOL MVS MF SYSTEM.
• Evaluated data and produce Ad Hoc Matrix reports to do audits for direct marketing and database marketing systems.
• Current hands-on development experience with File-Aid Client Server Tool (Specific Experience in Extracting and Related loader functionality), Experience with working in relational databases like ORACLE, DB2, MS SQL
• CBNA BI Specific Activities
• SIR/STR/EMR Process and attend Weekly Implementation Meeting
• TNC Cycle/Schedule and Jobs for Daily Weekly and Monthly Cycles/Schedule
• AFS TNC Current process and jobs
• RELATIONAL DOWNLOAD FILES SI/CL to AFS Conversion Project
• ACAPS Trim Process and associated Jobs
• Recreate ACAPS Monthly Report sent to LIC and ACAPS Team from Missouri
• Understanding of feeds to TNC and DW/CDM
• ACAPS Daily, Full Weekly, Monthly, CUSTOM CRIS CAS DLS GPS CACS
• Location of all SAS code to review Outstanding Issues, Overview of new DW
• TNC COB, Data Masking Ongoing and Review of Data Model……
CHASE MANHATTAN BANK, NEW YORK, NY (11/99 - 12/00)
• Extracted Data from DB2/SQL/ORACLE/SAS/COBOL/MVS Mainframe
• System to evaluate data and produce Ad Hoc Matrix reports to do audits for various
• Pre Screens and ITA direct marketing and database marketing projects.
PRODIGY COMMUNICATIONS CORP., WESTCHESTER, NY (11/98 - 10/99)
• Creating Ad Hoc reporting required by Company using SAS Mainframe and SAS DB2 SUBSYSTEM. Also, developed production system on Mainframe.
• Down load all Spreadsheet Report to the LAN to be use in Microsoft Excel format.
• Converted all Report to run on Prodigy Central (WEBSITE) for Viewing by vendors.
PRUDENTIAL INSURANCE, ROSELAND, NJ (06/97 - 10/98)
• Assisting Coopers & Lybrand in Health Insurance Application to do Audit for
• Prudential insurance. Creating AD HOC report required by Coopers & Lybrand
• using SAS MAINFRAME & PC. AF / SCL Processing previous years Data.
CITICORP, LONG ISLAND CITY, NY (02/96 - 05/97)
• Creating and maintaining Database, SAS and COBOL programs for PHOTOCARD PENETRATION, BALCON and Aims System Projects. DOWNLOAD and RESTORE FILES using FDR and IBM utilities.
• Transmitting reports to users to keep track of all credit card accounts in X/L Software. Also, automate and create system for programmer’s users to evaluate Mainframe Data VS Data Warehouse (CAM).
MEDCO CONTAINMENT SERVICES, WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ (02/95 - 01/96)
• Wrote and maintained SAS, EZTRIVE & COBOL Program for Pharmaceutical company.
• Process claims filled at the pharmacy or mail-order to send report required by clients / or insurance companies for which they manage the distribution of prescribed drugs.
LCS DIRECT MARKETING SERVICES, CLIFTON, NJ (09/93 - 01/95)
• Worked with all Canadian Telephone companies. Wrote SAS and COBOL programs for all these telephone companies. Also teach MVS SYSTEMS.
COOPERS & LYBRAND, NEW YORK, NY (01/93 - 08/93)
• Wrote SAS programs. Processed claims submission & mortgages customer information files.
METROPOLITAN LIFE INSURANCE, NEW YORK, NY (1989 – 1992)
Sr. Systems Engineer
• Worked as a technical specialist on non-technical team to design and automate
• Disaster Recovery Program for company. Evaluated software packages and recommended package elected for Company. Installed and managed BEST/1 (MVS, CICS & NETWORK Modeling Packages at 5 Data Centers).
• Selected Accomplishments.
• Developed, simulated, evaluated and maintained multiple recovery scenarios using BEST/1
• Modeling Packages to determine optimal recovery strategy.
• Documented all steps necessary to utilize BEST/1 Product and trained other staff member to use
• Balanced workload for all production applications and Automated Disaster Recovery.
• Set up new release of SAS color graphics and SAS/FSP.
• Installed new release of Epilog and created Epilog reports.
• Installed new release of OMEGAMON; created new screens.
• Installed SMF Dumps. Collected SMF and RMF data from six different systems.
• Selected data for creation of own database to develop and produce automatically generate usage report for Management review of resources (CPU utilization, I/O devices, batch production job on-line, Response Time, Testing and TSO) – all accomplished using SAS and MERRILL/MXG.
• Performed feasibility study and implement Capacity Planning Reporting Systems.
EDUCATION: Diploma Computer Science I.C.I.
A.A.S. Data Processing B.M.C.C.
(Financed 100% of college expenses)
Specialized IBM courses in Structured Computer Programming, Command level CICS, Capacity Planning (3) BGS SYSTEMS Courses in MVS, CICS and NETWORK, SAS INSTITUTE Courses, PL/SQL-UNIX
Instructor - HAUSMAN Computer Institute, Bronx, NY
Introduction to Data Processing Computer Programming
OS/JCL, STRUCTURED FLOWCHART & PROGRAMMING
Similar ResumesSales Java Engineer Business Development Manager
Morristown, NJ - java, developer, unix, dba, systems administrator,...Data Architect, Oracle Application DBA,- 15 years of IT Experience
India, Chennai - etl, developer, architect, dubai, dba, pl sql, uae,...Information Security Investigator
United States - information systems, v9, l1, anil, 8th, intrusion,...Predictive Modeling Strategist
Dublin, CA - philippines, sas, jerry, scientist, www, php,...Sales Marketing Management Customer Service Business
United States - sas, nyc, developer, etl, data warehouse, sql,...New York Management Manager Project Business Analyst
New York, NY - sas, business analyst, sharepoint, aml, oracle,...Sales Manager Accounting Business Management Software
Ballwin, MO - missouri, controller, sap, hyperion, cpa,...Around 1 year of experience SAP ABAP/4 Technical Consultant.
India, KOLKATA, WB - sap, abap, sap abap, developer, kolkata, java, mm,...Senior Software Engineer
United States - senior software, csharp, developer, engineer,...Customer Service Data Entry Representative High School
Whittier, CA - banker, lab, mary, entry, representative, moreno,...