|Scott Gould 202-***-**** | email@example.com
***-* *** ** ** • Washington, DC 20002
PROJECT MANAGEMENT, RESEARCH / DATA, METRICS, AND PEOPLE MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Database Management • Program Management • Webcasting • Webinar • Metrics Analysis and Tracking • Government / Media / Community Relations • Event Planning • Training & Development • Research • Corporate Communications • Strategic Planning • Change Management • Restructuring • Team Leadership • Client Relations • Negotiations • Needs Assessment • Presentations • Process Improvement • Data Warehousing • IT • HTML• Enterprise Strategy • Reporting • Expense Control • Content Management Systems • Web Pages
AARP Washington, DC • June 2008-July 2011
Project Manager - Education & Outreach (June 2008-June 2011)
Managed aquisition, testing, and implementation of new organization-wide webcast platform for Education & Outreach Department. Investigated and communicated departmental IT needs. Created training program and manuals for all staff, created best practices guidlines, updated web pages, tracked metrics and web analytics, oversaw list management, internal and external communication tools, provided Department-wide metrics analytics, and assisted with marketing and social media strategy. Managed multiple campaign databases. Managed AARP's, content management System. Worked with Healthcare, Housing, Financial, and Workforce teams on presentation best practices and training.
• Provided strategic and tactical leadership for webinar and webcasting project, created template to facilitate selection of the best IT solution for large webinar audiences. Oversaw interview and selection of final outside vendor provider. Facilitated platform testing, risk assessment, staff training, final rollout and oversaw webcasting production and delivery.
• Orchestrated department's presence at AARP's premier membership event attracting 30,000 participants, handled department Event Planning functions.
• Identified problems with vendor-controlled AARP database, Facilitated immediate point of service temporary fixes and created and outlined needed changes to support National AARP Stories Program; report became guide to select a new more capable vendor.
• Managed AARP's national employee volunteer program, producing 10% increase in participation in first 6 months. Improved participant tracking troubleshooting Payroll IT issues.
• Managed database for national "Divided We Fall" campaign featuring 1 million pledges to action and 80,000 stories. Segmented data into multiple overlapping groups for future outreach. Point of Contact for AARP State Offices for Data and Training.
• Coordinated outside Vendor Relations for both the AARP "Divided We Fail" database and the AARP Webcasting Platform Vendor ON24, overseeing improvements, troubleshooting, contract alterations and account oversight.
Legislative Specialist - AARP February 2008 – June 2008
Hired to ensure smooth data management operations by managing relationships with database and vendors. Served as liaison between AARP's GRA Department and the Divided We Fail Campaign. Produced regular system-wide reports and troubleshot data. Tracked metrics and Legislation.
• Strengthened executive decision-making by negotiating new reports and database services from vendor with no additional cost.
• Planned and implemented multiple strategic initiatives including launch of department-wide source code tracking project and new tracking system to monitor department information within database.
Scott Gould • Page 2 of 2 202-***-**** | firstname.lastname@example.org
SENECA ONE FINANCE Bethesda, MD • Jan. 2003- Sept. 2007
Manager, Market Research, Data Maintenance & Data Warehousing Departments (Feb. 2004-Sept. 2007)
Manager - Market Research Department (Jan 2003- Feb. 2004)
Led 3 departments with 11-member analyst staff for structured settlement company. Managed internal operations including all training, policy implementation, background investigations and budget. Oversaw quarterly company-wide audits. Served as MIS/IT liaison for all non-IT departments.
• Built a high-performance team with the lowest turnover of staff company-wide, becoming sole manager with authority to hire directly without temp-to-permanent probationary period.
• Directed audits of every department to ensure a lean organization with no unnecessary spending on redundant technologies.
• Saved $500,000 by uncovering vendor non-compliance with contract deliverables.
• Negotiated contracts with no fee increases over several years with both Lexis/Nexis and Accurint despite repeated attempts by vendors.
• Advanced company growth goals by providing CEO with research and recommendations on untapped market opportunities.
• Liaison between MIS / IT and Market, Research, and Data Maintenance Departments Created roadmap with MIS director of all IT needs for the company leading to the creation of a proprietary database combining all IT, Sales, Research, Data and Marketing functions into a single system within the Company Enterprise Strategy.
POLITICAL CAMPAIGN & LEGISLATIVE POSITIONS Timonium, MD / Washington, DC • 1997-2003
Director of Research - Congresswoman Helen Bentley Campaign (Jan. 2002- Jan 2003)
Influenced campaign strategies by providing accurate research and analysis of campaign data, legislative proposals and government initiatives. Oversaw logistics and event planning as needed.
• Contributed to grass roots efforts including GOTV, organizing community outreach, phone banking and phone script development.
• Trained volunteers and staff to keep campaign operations moving smoothly.
Legislative Correspondent - Office of Sen. John McCain (Jan. 1999- Jan 2002)
Front Office Manager • Staff Assistant (Oct. 1997- Jan 1999)
Hired to manage constituent services and busy Washington, DC office. Assisted with press releases and strengthened media relations. Promoted to Legislative Correspondent, researching multiple issues and served as Senator's spokesperson for lobbying groups, stakeholders, agency personnel and Congressional staffers. Corresponded with constituents on issues: American Indian affairs, healthcare energy, environment, resources, telecom, public lands, education
• Uncovered hidden recipients of Congressional earmarks secured by elected officials as pork projects in their districts.
• Researched wide range of issues to support senior staff, including Energy, Environment, Public Lands, Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, Water, Transportation, & ANWAR.
BA in Political Science & International Relations, 1998
Armstrong Atlantic State University - Savannah, GA
Intensive Russian Language Program, 1991
Moscow State University - Moscow, Russia
Advanced skills in Excel, Access, Power Point, Time Matters, Omniture, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Quicken and Quickbase; ON24, Microsoft Live Meeting, Westlaw;Lexis Nexis and Camtasia
Similar ResumesManager Project Developer Sales Engineer Oracle
- datastage, datawarehousing, tibco, bdm, selenium,...Engineer Software Java Assistant Management Financial
- bo, kyc, moody, java, hsbc, phd, shanghai, trenton,....NET Developer
- silverlight, wcf, wpf, ssrs, java developer, mvc,...Wireless Construction Coordinator
- cls, ericsson, rachel, loan processor, escrow,...Project Manager/SharePoint Administrator
- web parts, diacap, sharepoint administrator,...PMP ENGINEER
- hassan, plm, cover letter, bms, elevator, rbs, mv,...ETL Developer
- informatica developer, hedis, informatica,...Healthcare Analyst w/10+ yrs exp
- healthcare analyst, respiratory therapy,...Project Manager Management Development Medical
- orthotic, methadone, senior buyer, costpoint,...Statistical programmer/Biostatistician/SAS programmer
Silver Spring, MD
- biostatistician, sas programmer, tomography,...