|Randy L. Daniels, MSPH
**** ******** ****, *********, ** 32526
Home Phone: (850) ***-****; Cell: (850) ***-****
Email: email@example.com; or firstname.lastname@example.org
HANDS ON PROFESSIONAL with over 25 years experience in the areas of occupational safety and health management, construction / emergency management services, safety prevention programs, and worker’s compensation claims management.
Safety and Risk Management
• Proven ability to design, direct and implement effective safety programs -- designed on-site safety training program subsequently adopted by over 300 companies .
• Demonstrated expertise in monitoring facilities and processes for adherence to OSHA guidelines by overseeing inspections, recommending corrective measures and preparing for OSHA safety audits and investigations -- supervised safety programs of 6 mid-sized, heavy manufacturing (construction and steel) companies and over 180 small to medium size nonmanufacturing companies (restaurants, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and home construction).
• Oversaw managed care operations for workers compensation insurance company (3,000 members, $7.5 million in premiums) which involved underwriting, claims review, OSHA compliance and training, and loss prevention – supervised 3 loss control consultants and coordinated efforts of 2 field offices
• Instructor: Forklift Training; First-Aid; Radiation Protection; Back Injury Prevention; Hearing Conservation; Heat/Cold Injury Prevention; and Respiratory Protection
• Training and Coursework: OSHA Safety for Managers; Hazardous Materials Operations; Construction Safety Management; Advanced Ergonomics; Leadership and Effectiveness; Claim Management and Managed Care; Risk Assessment; Radiation Protection; Hearing Conservation; Respiratory Protection; and others
• Computer skills: Very proficient in Windows, Adobe, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Instructor of hundreds of job safety training courses on OSHA safety and compliance, drug free workplace programs, food service sanitation, hospital acquired infection, back injury prevention, electrical safety, and miscellaneous other job safety programs
• Developed occupational safety control and loss control manuals for both current and past employers
• Experienced and effective working with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds and interacting with all levels of management and personnel. I have had the privilege of training and working with members of Congress, The White House, Department of Defense, corporate presidents/CEO’s, line workers (union and nonunion), training food service workers and environmental management personnel.
• Conducted briefings on “Broken Arrow” incidents for the US Army. Briefings included both local authorities and news media.
• Provided leadership in team development for training programs related to environmental deficiencies at work sites.
• Primary lead for EPA public hearings related to Environmental Site Assessments.
Bellwether Safety and Loss Control, LLC, Pensacola, FL 01/2010 to Present
Senior Safety Consultant
Provide on-site safety and loss control surveys for workers compensation carriers. Conduct site specific inspections to determine the viability of new and/or existing accounts for the carriers. BSLC evaluates the current safety plans of the client, training program, and physical plant safety audits.
Site Specific Safety Reports are prepared for the carrier or client. The reports include the specific findings, causes, and recommended corrective actions. Additionally, training is conducted in both general safety and site specific safety requirements.
Work with insurance carriers, underwriters and claims offices and provide weekly status reviews to ensure proper client placement.
• Conducted 200+ Safety Audits of small to mid-sized companies (hospitals, assisted living facilities, construction companies, manufacturing facilities, electrical contractors, restaurants, dry-docks, and others)
• Conducted over 300 safety training classes in Fork Lift Safety, Ladder Safety, Back Injury Prevention, Hearing Conservation, General Safety Procedures, OSHA Reporting Requirements, Log Out Tag Out, etc.).
• Prepared OSHA 300 Logs
• Provided expert testimony in 15 workers compensation fraud investigations.
• Developed 89 Site Specific Safety Plans
Total Employee Leasing, Inc., Pensacola, FL 11/2000-1/2010
Director, Safety and Loss Control
• Managed operations for worker’s compensation insurance program for the company consisting of 3000 members with premiums totaling $7.5 million
• Supervised 6 field loss control consultants and coordinated operations of 3 Florida offices
• Responsible for all aspects of OSHA compliance including management, documentation, training, underwriting, and claims processing, OSHA accident investigations and audits
• Assisted clients with development of safety programs; developed on-site training program subsequently used by 116 different companies
• Conducted over 250 safety training and accident prevention classes on various topics regarding worker safety programs in order to control costs; developed company loss control manual and emergency services protocol
American Employee Leasing, Inc., Pensacola, FL 10/1996-11/2000
• Responsible for OSHA and EPA compliance and workers compensation claims management
• Developed and directed OSHA compliance in-house training for 150 clients and approximately 3,200 employees.
• Developed the corporate Safety Program and client specific safety plans for 150 clients.
• Managed the implementation of the workers compensation compliance program. The WCCP included negotiating workers compensation insurance policies, managing claims, and participating in claims hearings and mediations.
Environmental Safety and Design, Inc., Chattanooga, TN 4/1995-10/1996
Senior Environmental Scientist
• Provided Phase I/II Environmental Site Assessments for clients throughout the US. Clients included: Department of Defense; USEPA; State of Florida; State of TN; Texaco; and Department of the Navy.
• Prepared Site Specific Safety Plans for over 60 high hazard projects including Superfund Sites and closed refineries.
• Conducted air sampling, water sampling, and noise sampling at all environmental remediation sites.
• Prepared safety training material for heavy industry clients.
RLD Associates, Inc., Houston, TX 1/89-3/1995
Associate Environmental Scientist
• Conducted safety inspections of heavy equipment manufacturers located in Houston, Brownsville, Dallas Metroplex, and other areas in Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana.
• Conducted environmental site assessments of refineries in TX and OK.
• Developed environmental remediation plans for leaking underground storage tanks, closed refineries, automotive repair facilities, and other faculties.
• Conducted surveys of asbestos containing properties in Houston, Dallas, San Francisco, Phoenix, Boston, Chicago, and other cities in the Midwest.
• Designed and managed the asbestos abatement of over 300 properties.
• MSPH, University of Alabama @ Birmingham (UAB)
• BSEH, East Tennessee State University
• Graduate work – System Safety Management, University of Southern California
EDUCATION University of AL @ Birmingham
Master's Degree - MSPH
Major: Environmental Science (Safety/Occupational Health)
East Tennessee State University
Johnson City, TN US
Bachelor's Degree - BSEH
Similar Resumes3D Artist
Grand Bay, AL
- vfx, compositing, texturing, modeler, poly, jira,...Construction work, mechanic work, farming, Farrier and horse training
- farming, mechanic, horse, construction, employed,...Entry Level Developer Experience Assistant Research
- dotnet developer, rocks, developer, timothy,...OBIEE Consultant
- obiee, eim, teradata, informatica, aggregates,...assembly line worker
- im, assembly line, warehouse, worker, assembly,...Sr OBIEE Consultant
- obiee, datastage, etl developer, informatica, ebs,...OBIEE Tech Lead/Project Manager; Tableau Architect
- obiee, subject matter expert, matter expert,...Developer Oracle Project Business Intelligence
- obiee, capgemini, very, informatica, ebs, bw, etl,...BI Architect
New York, NY
- ssas, mdm, dmx, ssis, plsql, ssrs, multithreaded,...BI Architect
- microstrategy, teradata, visualizer, presales,...