Tim Ketelhut ***
Meadowlake Drive Downingtown, ***
Cell: (248) ***-****
Entry-Level Sales / Business Development Professional
• Recent graduate of Michigan State University Kinesiology program highly motivated to launch professional sales career.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills. Listen attentively, communicate persuasively and follow through diligently.
• Technically skilled cross-platform expertise (Win/Mac) and proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and general technologically advanced. Key Competencies
• Customer Acquisition
• Referral/Repeat Business Generation
• PowerPoint Presentations
• Public Speaking
• Complaint Handling
• Consultative Sales
• Sales Reports & Correspondence
• POS Systems
• Inventory Management
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
BA of Science in Kinesiology; Minor in Mathematics (May 2011)
• Awards: Student Advisory Group Kinesiology Representative (2009-2010); Phi Epsilon Kappa Member (2009-2010); MEAP Scholarship (2006-2008).
• Volunteerism: Relay for Life (2011); Tutor, Reo Elementary School (2007); Tutor and Teacher Assistant, C.W. Otto Middle School (2009); Cadet Teacher, Herbison Woods Middle School (2010); Cadet Teacher, Bath High School (2011); Varsity Basketball Assistant Coach, East Lansing High School (2010-2011).
Work Experience (concurrent with college studies)
Student Teacher, August 2011 to December 2011 SCRIPPS MIDDLE SCHOOL, Lake Orion, MI
Conveyed an enthusiastic attitude that promoted sportsmanship, developed teamwork, and motivated children to welcome physical fitness participation. Encouraged young people to make activity and wellness an enjoyable part of daily life. Created an energized atmosphere while maintaining discipline and safety standards. Utilized specific physical activities to enhance students' classroom curriculum. Developed and implemented curriculums and lesson plans which adjust to student's needs. Skilled in the identification and screening of special-needs children.
• Prepared and developed five strategic lesson plans per week over a 14-week span (70 total), whilst covering a different unit/sport each week.
• Provided specific and general instruction of Physical Education material to more than 250 students.
• Organized and entered more than 2,500 different scores, in addition to providing ways to improve or maintain progress within the class
Server, July 2011 to Present LELLI’S PRIME, Auburn Hills, MI
Served food and beverages at a luxury four-star restaurant. Anticipated and met guests’ needs while working efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Earned consistent commendations for exemplary service delivery (average of 20 guests per shift). Regularly singled out on comment cards for “going above and beyond expectations” and “providing outstanding service and attention to guests.”
• Recognized for ability to quickly establish rapport with customers, up-sell products and build a loyal clientele.
• Selected and streamlined bar products based on analysis of consumption and sales, resulting in superior inventory and selection for guests.
Manager, March 2008 to Feb 2010 POTBELLYS SANDWICH WORKS, East Lansing, MI
Handle the setup, service and daily operations of serving gourmet sandwiches to a demanding college clientele. Enter orders into POS system; prepare daily sales reports for management; conduct bi-weekly inventory; and perform heavy cash handling ($2000 daily) and reconciliation functions.
• Assisted in supervising shifts of 3-4 employees, ensured employees were working efficiently and as assigned.
• Effectively managed general and specialized event preparation of more than 300 orders at a time.
• Guaranteed general clean and orderly presentation of dining area, and ensured a positive and friendly work environment along with efficient customer service.
• Conducted training on policies, operations, and computer technologies for more than 10 new employees.