|TERRY C. VAN HORN
**** ******* ***** • Brunswick, OH 44212
Evening Phone: (330) ***-**** • Day Phone: (330) ***-****
Veteran status: Rated • email@example.com
MICROSOFT .NET PROGRAMMER
Delivering Leadership, Accountability, and Excellence
Highly successful technology expert experienced in multiple critical roles within technology-focused industries. Entrepreneurial leader with demonstrated business success focused both on customer service and technical program implementation. Programmer with 20 years of experience, versed in developing code, writing various scripts, and managing overall technology product development.
Subject-matter expert serving as a welcome addition to any business team, with a demonstrated ability to deliver highly critical projects and data within tight schedules / budgets, willing and able to function in any role necessary to ensure project success. Professionally dedicated individual with desire to develop innovative solutions that influence operational and strategic decisions while exceeding customer needs and expectations.
* Detailed development engineer who streamlines processes, reduces unnecessary expenses, and focuses on profit goals, while investing in people. Fast learner, with extreme attention to detail with regard to coding expertise and development knowledge.
* Highly proficient in re-engineering both existing and new procedures to enhance performance. Hands-on involvement in research and development, cost-saving measures, and ongoing process-improvement activities.
Product Engineering • Performance Metrics • On-Time Delivery • Information Analysis • Actionable Reporting
Programming • Systems Management / Integration • Analytics / Data Management • Simulations • Testing
Performance Optimization • Program and Project Management • Resource Management
Expense Reduction • Training and Development
VB.NET • C • C++ • COBOL • BAL • RPG • FORTRAN • HTML • Borland C++ Builder 5 • Delphi 2
Windows 3.1 to Windows 7 • Microsoft Office Suite
GXS Gaithersburg, MD / Brookpark, OH 2008 to 2010
Production Services Engineer
Developed Automated processes using VB.NET to speed up processing and monitored system alerts to proactively identify and address problems before client was affected. Determined problems using e-commerce applications such as Enterprise System and Application Integrator, overseeing communication systems, and managing system alerts. Responded to and resolved system or client initiated incidents, collaborating with other GXS team members to gather information and provide status updates about incidents and problems.
* Modified scripts to ensure correct processing and modified transactions in strict compliance with GXS and client procedures.
* Identified, documented, and fixed known problems, creating problem tickets, tracking incidents, and assisting in incident escalations.
Teresa’s Pizza Brunswick / Medina, OH 2003 to 2007
Owner / Manager
Owned and managed two franchise locations, capitalizing on extensive customer service, business management, and web design attributes to successfully run and drive business to success.
* Managed staff of 12 employees, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Inventory.
* Created and managed all website functions, advertising literature, and promotional pieces.
IBM Akron, OH / Charlotte NC / Mayfield, KY / Mount Vernon, IL 1995 to 2001
Systems Engineer – UNIX and Windows
Provided application support on HP-UX and Windows systems, as well as performing HP-UX administration. Maintained diskless workstation application support and led support of four in-house Hewlett Packard K360 servers which included all backup and restores, system performance, and systems availability functions.
ALLTEL Hudson / Twinsburg, OH 1978 to 1995
System Support Engineer
Maintained operating system support for 24 Hewlett Packard Series 800s, one Bull DPX20, and 18 DPS6000s, overseeing all back-up and restore functions for HP and Honeywell Bull machines.
* Developed best use practices for CICS by writing an Accounts Receivable Application and creating scripts on multiple platforms to automate processes.
Associate of Science, Computer Science
Cuyahoga Community College Parma, OH
CSA - HP-UX UNIX System Admin
New Horizons Computer Learning Center:
Intro to Visual Basic.Net Programming • Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic.Net
Developing Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications • Programming with ADO.NET
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with Transact-SQL • DOS 6.22 - Level 1
Networking Fundamentals • HTML 4 – Levels 1 through 3
Hewlett Packard Training:
HPUX 9.0 System Administration • HP-UX 9.0 System and Network Administration
HP-UX 11.0 System Network Administration I and II • HPUX 9.0 concepts
IBM Computer Schools:
Assembler • C Programming • Advanced C Programming • C++ Programming
Command level CICS Boeing Computer Schools • Project Management basics
Honeywell Bull Computer Schools:
TDS programming and implementation • IDSII concepts and Data Base Administration
UNIX • AIX and HVX System Administration • Bull Computer Schools GCOS6
GCOS6 Optimization • Assembly Language • Macro Utilization
Similar ResumesProject Manager Business Developer Java Analyst
Belle Mead, NJ
- wmb, datapower, webmethods, esb, websphere, soa,...Coordinator, Event Operations
Canada, Brampton, ON
- management advanced, oshawa, denise, promoters,...Management Business Project Analyst Development
- wireline, coders, architect, quality improvement,...Data Technician
- installers, splicing, dms, fusion, alcatel, nortel,...SAP ABAP Developer
Sugar Land, TX
- abap, smartforms, fico, sap basis, sap abap,...Infrastructure Architect
- server cluster, sccm, allscripts, sata, ios, iscsi,...Sr. Project Manager and Systems Architect
- varian, datacenter, dba, clinical data, architect,...Program, project & business solutions manager
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
- wireline, mainframes, hayes, powerbuilder,...Project Manager Business Management Sharepoint
- redmond wa, adi, web parts, metastorm,...Project Manager Management Business Analyst Information Technology
- health information management, allscripts,...