Naimar Chávez** ****** **
– Brooklyn, New York *
Professional with strong interest in commercial law, international trade, shipping agencies and ports.
Solid background in business operations and banking credit agreements.
Excellent research, writing and executive presentation skills, with participations as expositor for the Department of Commerce of Philadelphia, as well as in Italy and Germany representing Panama as a best place to do business.
Adapts quickly to new environments and thrives on multiple tasks.
Fluent in English, Spanish and knowledge of French and Italian
Fabrega, Molino & Mulino , Panama, Rep. Of Panama 2006-2010
General corporate advisory
• Advising, consulting and executing with regards to the incorporation of new businesses or subsidiaries of international groups in Panama, including registrations at the relevant Free Trade Zone. Specialized tax consulting for non-profit organizations.
• Responsible lawyer for reviewing organizational documents of multinationals companies with regional headquarters in Panama. Coordinated with international counsels the procedures to buy and sell shares and to update the records, bylaws and new partners agreements.
• Generated and maintained standard presentations, asset management summaries and all other due diligence materials. Supervision of paralegals and assistants.
• Responsible lawyer for the specialized division of Financial Leasing Contracts.
• Drafting and negotiating loan agreements, mortgages, pledges, real estate agreements, and confidentiality agreements.
Ports, maritime and administration
• Assessed maritime companies to comply with requirements imposed by the Panama Canal Authority to service providers. Drafted and prepared documents related to Concession Contracts in areas protected by the Maritime Authority of Panama.
• Drafting shipping contracts, advisory in the negotiation of Incoterms
• Supported multinational companies participating in public offerings of the Panama Canal, of the Panamanian government and autonomous public entities.
• Provided labor and employment counseling to multinational companies. Outsourced Human Resources services for financial institutions, corporates and non-profit organizations such Children’s Foundation in Panama, Plan International and PNUD.
• Advised the internal Human Resources Department on employee terminations, internal policies and participated in the recruitment process.
Garrido & Garrido Panama, Rep. Of Panama, 2005
• Drafting and negotiations of Contracts (Spanish-English)
• Immigration procedures, including authorized visas for restricted countries.
• Represented financial institutions in Civil Litigations
Orillac, Carles & Guardia – Panama, 2001- 2004
• Provided legal representation for financial institutions at The Supreme Court related with Commercial, Civil and labor litigations
• Registration of Patents and Trademarks, including renewals, oppositions and filing suits at the Commerce Tribunal.
• Administrative Law including tax exemptions, business licenses and municipal taxes.
• Prepared Corporations and Foundations
• Immigration services for international companies, including work permits.
• Oversaw civil cases, including client interviews, pre-trial discovery and trials.
Datatel, S.A. (Grupo Comtel, S.A.) Distribuitor of Nortel Networks, 1999-2001
• Provided administrative support to the CEO and associates
• Organization of events for launches of new products
• Internal and external customer service
• Control of equipment inventory for the different brands of communications materials.
• In charge of the preparation of financial reports, invoices and payments
• Maintenance of contracts including the negotiations of fees and customer support
2008-2010 Universidad de Panamá
Master in Maritime Administration, Canals and Ports
1998-2003 Universidad Santa Maria La Antigua, Panama
Law and Political Sciences
2005 Gateway College- Connecticut, USA
2005 Eastern Connecticut University, USA
English as a Second Language and Essay preparation
1996-1997 Alps View California School, USA (General Studies)
ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
• Licensed Lawyer by the Supreme Court of Panama
• Articles & Notes : “New Law on Commercial Licenses” and “Results of Business Accord” published in the Newsletter FMM, a virtual magazine of the law firm Fabrega, Molino & Mulino.
• Member of the volunteer group for the Children Hospital of Panama