C. Brian Taylor
Self-motivated video editor and production manager with over 20 years of relevant experience, related proficiencies and a background in commercial productions and news media. Detail–oriented individual who exemplifies professionalism and an ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at any given moment. Demonstrated history of successful project management and video production. Highlighted leadership qualities and the ability to work with and manage individuals from varying backgrounds, while promoting team values. Driven partner eager for professional growth, increased responsibility, and the opportunity to leverage extensive technical knowledge and project management expertise within the performance-based work culture of a growing organization.
Three Point Media (Farmington Hills, MI) 2002 – Present
Owner / Editor
• Serve as lead sales representative responsible for quoting projects.
• Directly responsible for sales increase of 15%-20% per year for 7 years straight
• Responsible for project management ensuring cost efficient and timely completion of all work
• Responsible for hiring and overseeing employees while promoting a team environment
• Manage video editing and graphics utilizing proficiencies in industry software including Avid, Final Cut Pro, Motion and Photoshop
• Demonstrated skills in encoding files and multiple codecs, DVD Studio Pro, Compressor and related software
• Exceptional audio skills with both voice over’s and music editing
• Author scripts and oversee camera operation in a variety of HD codecs and acquisition formats
• Provide exceptional customer service resulting in client loyalty and repeat business
• Client list includes Delphi, Magna, Detroit Diesel, Meijer, US Army, National Fallen Fire Fighters Association, Chrysler
Forest Post Productions (Farmington Hills, MI) 1995 – 2002
• Served as lead project manager and video editor
• Initially hired as Assistant Editor, and promoted to Video Editor
• Skilled in D-5, Digital Beta cam and Beta Sp
• Utilized character generators Type Deko and Photoshop
• Proficient in AVID software and On-Line Linear equipment such as Axial 2010, Abekas A57, DDR’s, Sony DME 3000, Abekas A-82 Switcher, Grass Valley 200 Switcher
• Client list included, Chrysler, Cadillac, ESPN, Ford Motor Company and Chevrolet
WADL TV-38 (Clinton Township, MI) 1990 – 1995
Supervisor of Daily Operations
• Promoted from Master Control Operator to Supervisor of Daily Operation – recognized for leadership and organizational efficacy
• Oversee daily operations ensuring efficient and effective utilization of time and resources
• Responsible for the production of all material, scheduling, commercial inserts, and logging of broadcast parameters
• Manage program retrieval from satellites including recording and logging program
• Edit promotional commercials for current programs
• Consistently promoted for excellence in technical skills and personnel management
Macomb Community College (Clinton Twp, MI)
English and Creative Writing 1991-1992
Specs Howard School of Media Arts (Southfield, MI) 1989-1990
Certificate of Communications
Tecumseh, MI - brian, equipment, russell, perform, farm, farms,...
Customer Service Information Technology
Warren, MI - hazardous, brian, products, cross, plant operator,...
Brighton, MI - cnc, brian, machine, machine operator, operator,...
Jimmy John's Shift Manager
Plymouth Township, MI - eastern, nicholas, brian, henry, delivery driver,...
Senior Program Manager
Commerce Township, MI - brian, integration, nissan, transmission, smith,...
Customer Service Sales
Northville, MI - pest, administrator, brian, church, notary, agent,...
Graphic Designer Sales
Ypsilanti, MI - graphic designer, graphic, designer, brian, tour,...