|Robert J. Valentine - * Hidden Lane - Westbury, N.Y. 11590 - (516)***-**** Home
firstname.lastname@example.org (516)***-**** Cell
An Information Technology professional with significant experience analyzing and programming business systems, with a proven track record of problem solving. Looking for a Senior Programmer or Systems Specialist or Consultant position.
Honeywell- Melville NY- Consultant 07/06 to 03/08.
• Successfully implement CICS Online systems (mainly) and COBOL batch programs with DB2.
• Extensive use of a system, SUPERTABLE which eliminates hard coding in programs.
• Applications include, Order Entry, Purchasing, Accounts Receivable and Marketing.
• Self teaching of the Dot Nets.
IT Recruiter- Management Recruiters, Inc Woodbury NY. 05/06 to 07/06.
• Successfully recruit candidates to Guardian Insurance, Market Data Retreival, Dell Labs, Daymon Worldwide and Sompo Insurance.
Senior IT Audit Recruiter – Goffin, Oxenbridge and Westburg, Milford Ct 01/06 to 03/06.
• Part time IT Audit Recruiting from home.
• Successfully recruit candidates throughout the US for clients Grant Thorton, NYSE, Pershing and Eisner LLP.
SENIOR P/A: Automatic Data Processing, Edgewood NY 3/00 to 06/05.
Investor Communications Services. Servicing of Shareholder and Institutional Voting systems.
• Support and design of Online Proxy-Plus System COBOLII, VSAM, CICS, Z/OS.
• Extensive use of Microsoft Office products.
• Business specifications design of Audit system to monitor all changes.
• Designed of Business Specifications and development of Ballot and Shareholder database define and load for business outside the U.S. and Europe- DB2.
• Design of Business/Functional/Technical Specifications – CMM LEVEL 3 -project leader level, various assignments.
• Gathering and writing of Business specifications for CICS front end applications effecting Europe Record date.
CONSULTING: <1996- 2000>
Keyspan Energy in Hicksville, NY 10/98 to 02/00.
• Supervised a group of consultants; flawless implementation of Y2K changes-
Employee Information System, Fixed Assets and AIM (COBOL, VSAM, ISAM).
Chase Manhattan Bank, 4 New York Plaza, New York, NY 9/97 to 10/98.
• Perfect conversions of Financial Management System accounting package to release 12 and Texas Commerce Bank General Ledger system to SYSTEMATICS.
• COBOL 370 conversion, vanilla software from Systematics.
First Data Merchant Services, Melville, NY 1/97 to 9/97.
• Installed software (TRANSCENTURY), implemented procedures, analyze and make program changes using COBOL2, JCL, CICS, VSAM and VIASOFT tools (building repositories, using queries, etc) for the year 2000 project.
Publishers Clearing House, Port Washington, NY 5/96 to 12/96.
• Developed programs, procedures and queries (COBOL2, VSAM, DB2) for the account identification project (3B2).
SENIOR PROGRAMMER ANALYST:
Chase Manhattan Bank, Garden City, NY. 10/89 to 5/96.
• Updated SYBASE and POWERBUILDER platform with legacy data from the Mainframe.
• Changes and creation of programs for an Automated Credit Application System (ACAPS) that measured statistics relating to the amount of loans and leases processed each day, generated by an online queuing process.
• Creation of an Award winning EFT sub system (Direct Check) which centralized direct debiting of delinquent customer accounts (CICS).
• Developed and maintain an Automatic Clearing House system.
• Securitizations and system support of acquired financial entities.
• Member of Microfocus task team.
• Maintained Credit Application system.
PROGRAMMER ANALYST: Citibank/Citicorp, Huntington NY 6/87 to 10/89.
• Supported batch system (IBM Mainframe, COBOL2.4) to update created data from a DATAPOINT (front-end), process, reformat and send back to front end.
• Modified and created new interactive programs for a Salary Administration System (DATAPOINT, DATABUS).
• Supported TESSERACT software.
PROGRAMMER: On-Site Energy Systems, Lake Success, NY. 7/85 to 5/87.
• Managed the Data Processing department.
• System programming for entire company on a DATAPOINT system. Areas included: Payroll, Order Entry, General Ledger, Purchasing, A/R, A/P and Inventory.
COMPUTER OPERATOR: Grumman Technical Services, Titusville Florida 2/84 to 7/85. Responsibilities included:
• Rewrote DATABUS programs as COBOL.
• System backups and reformat routines, running payroll, printing reports.
COMPUTER OPERATOR: Local 32B-32J, SEIU, New York, NY 8/82 to 12/83. Responsibilities included:
• Operator in an IBM System 34 environment.
• Data entry to support payment of dues for union members.
• Creation of OCL members (SORTS, Screens, DFU with RPGII) to aid programmer.
IBM MAINFRAME, IBM SYSTEM 34, DATAPOINT.
Z/OS 3.3.1, COBOL 370, COBOLII, VSE/COBOL, CICS, SQL, DB2, HTML, INTERTEST, XPEDITER, BMS, OCS, MICROFOCUS COBOL, VIASOFT, AMS, SYSTEMATICS, ACH, GROUP1, ORACLE, RECX, SPUFI, QMF, PL1, RPG, DATABUS, OS/MVS/JCL, XCOMM, DBASE, VISUAL BASIC, BDT, EASYTRIEVE, FILEAID, DITTO, AFP, PDX, ENDEVOR, DOS JCL, PROXIMITY/MVS, TSO/ISPF, MANTISSA, MHTRAN, DOCUTEXT, OS2, WINDOWS95, OCL, SDA, DIRECTORYNET, HOURGLASS 2000, LIBRARIAN, PDX,ENDEAVOR, PANVALET,GEMINI, MHTRAN, DATACOM, SDLC, SAS, KNOWLEDGE OF MQ SERIES,
Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Avtech, IT Audit training, November 2005.
Bachelor of Science, Finance, The College of Old Westbury, State University of New York, Old Westbury, New York, 1994.
Associate in Applied Science, Data Processing, Nassau Community College, Garden City New York.
Certificate in Computer Operations, Grumman Data Systems Institute, Woodbury New York.
Similar ResumesCOBOL PROGRAMMER
- teradata, sqr, 6i, msp, forex, cis, clearquest,...Sr. CICS Systems Programmer
- smp, cwi, tsr, racf, websphere, j2ee, bms, ejb,...Ms Access DB Developer
- ghana, vb6, developer, vba, end user, sql, vb, db,...Mainframe (Cobol, DB2, JCL, IMS, VSAM, CICS)
- cleveland ohio, sas, mq, vsam, csharp, expeditor,...Programmer/Analyst - VAX Alpha - FORTRAN and COBOL
- v6, developer, programmer, et, cobol, wells fargo,...Mainframe COBOL/DB2/IMS, Systems Analyst, Developer
- prpc, pega, allstate, mainframe cobol, animator,...Mainframe Developer
India, Bengaluru, KA
- mainframes, developer, java, mainframe, joining,...AnirbanMukherji
- webmethods, ucm, tibco, informatica, maven,...Cobol, JCL, VSAM, DB2, IMS, CA7
India, Bengaluru, KA
- rourkela, tibco, ca7, scm, wsdl, developer, hca,...COBOL PROGRAMMER
- abinitio, datastage, teradata, informatica, racf,...