John H. Olen***** ***** **** **
Knoxville TN *
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• 14 years experience as a Journeyman Toolmaker / Machinist.
• 24 years experience in “Line Production” manufacturing.
• Proficient at developing, building, and servicing production tooling, as well as maintaining production machinery.
• Knowledge of, and skilled in using machine tools, such as milling machines, band saws, engine lathe, surface grinder, drill presses, etc.
• Ability to use inspection equipment (such as micrometers, calipers, indicators, height gauges, etc).
• Ability to work from blueprints, sketches, and written instructions.
• Experience in the direction and motivation of machine Operators in the care and preventative maintenance of machines.
• Knowledge of welding equipment and the ability to TIG weld.
• AWS certified in MIG welding.
SeaRay Boats Vonore, TN.
Senior Tool Maker R&D 01/05 to 03/09
• Research and develop production tooling for SeaRay Manufacturing.
• Aide in the design and development of new technology, determine specification, as well as order project components from specific venders.
• Fabricate, weld and assemble all components developed in-house.
• Support production for all SeaRay plants, Fabricate special tools and equipment, and offer machining support to Maintenance.
• Organize and maintain machine shop and service all machine tools, as well as keep inventory of cutters and attachments.
Pridgeon and Clay Grand Rapids, MI.
Metal Model Maker (Temp to Hire) 08/04 to 11/04
• Served as a Model Maker for the Research and Development Department.
• Assisted in the documentation and process development to form prototype stampings, from sheet metal blank to final hit.
Benteler Automotive Wyoming, MI.
Journeyman Toolmaker (floor support) 06/94 to 08/04
• Acted as immediate response to out of tolerance or damaged components of production tooling.
• Worked closely with Engineers to maintain continuous improvement of production tools.
• Worked with Weld Technicians, Robot Technicians, Machine set-up, and Engineers to coordinate effective and efficient production machinery.
• Identified and expedited solutions to production issues.
• Maintained proficient personal inventory of all perishable tooling.
• Provided direction and assistance to Machine Operators.
Journeyman Toolmaker (gauges and fixtures)
• Set up and operated machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, drill presses, saws and grinders to fabricate details for gauges and fixtures.
• Fabricated details such as: angled towers, risers, location blocks, etc.
• Assembled fabricated components according to blueprint and verified operation of fixtures.
• Assisted Tool Designers in the development of production tools.
• Added dimensions to blueprints and prepared drawings to be followed by others.
Toolmaker Apprentice 06/92 to 06/94
• Completed curriculum set forth by the Department of Labor for Tool Maker.
• Mentored under a Senior Journeyman Tool Maker.
• Fulfilled required hours for hands on experience including: tool design, drafting, CAD drawing and an introduction to CMM.
Machine Set-Up 12/89 to 06/92
• Tested the operation of machines to ensure optimal function and performance.
• Observed machine operations to detect malfunctions and out-of-tolerance issues. Serviced and repaired machines as needed.
Production Welder 02/88 to 12/89
• Welded metal parts on production line using Arc-welding equipment.
• Experienced with MIG and TIG.
Material Handler 07/87 to 02/88
• Conveyed materials to and from storage or work areas to designated sites, using hand truck, electric dolly, powered forklifts and other devices.
Quality Control Inspector 08/85 to 07/87
• Inspected product to determine compliance with order specifications.
Machine Operator 08/84 to 08/85
• Operate production machinery according to company guidelines.
West Catholic High School Grand Rapids, MI.
• General Studies 05/81
Grand Rapids Community College Grand Rapids, MI.
Journeyman (Tool Maker) 06/94
• Relevant coursework included: Technical Drawing, Die Design, Trigonometry, Hydraulics, Blueprint Reading, Welding, and Machine shop.
REFERENCES: Available upon request