|ASHUTOSH KUMAR PAL
Canadian Address: # ***-*** Roselawn Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M6B1B4 • Tel: 1-866-***-**** • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role : Business Analyst
Total Experience : 3 years
Domain Knowledge : IT, Telecom (AT&T, US and Bell Telecom, Canada), Testing, OSS – Ordering Systems
• Sound knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) - analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of software applications
• IT Industry experience in Requirement gathering, specifications, business processes, documentation, Reporting, Defect Analysis, Triage meetings, delivers informative, well-organized presentations
• Extensive experience in translating complex business needs into clear and concise Business requirements documents (BRD)
• Prepare and maintain Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)
• Work directly with the implementation team to ensure timely delivery and implementation of the software solution
• Exposure to production support operations, incident handling, system monitoring and proposing solutions
• Assist QA analysts and technical leads with troubleshooting and fault resolution
• Formulate detailed UAT and QA test plans; manage system testing and record testing documentation
• Manage Incidents effectively – Identify issues, track, report and resolve in a timely manner
• Spearhead functions pertaining to deployment support and create training manuals for end users
• Assist in Project Management activities like adherence to project deadlines and schedules. Experience in End to End, Maintenance, and Agile projects
• Well versed with change management concepts and Quality Methods like Defect Prevention, Causal Analysis and Metrics to measure project performance
• Excellent reviewing skills - review technical specification document, conduct Peer Reviews of the artifacts generated during SDLC. Participate in Group reviews
• Conduct floor walk for potential clients and facilitate team and client meetings
• Onsite experience and client interaction, deputed to IBM Canada Pvt. Ltd from July 2008 to Oct 2009.
• S.J College of Engineering Karnataka, India
• Bachelor of Engineering July, 2004
• Professional workshop on business analysis from MindMap Informatics – 5 days
• Course on “How to Gather and Document requirements” from ESI International – 3 days
• Internal Training on EAI Tools (MQSeries, MessageBroker, Websphere Process Server) from IBM – 45 days
Summary of Skills
Technical Skill Sets:
Operating Systems Windows NT,XP, Unix
Methodologies RUP, Agile (SCRUM),Waterfall, Spiral
Testing Tools Rational Clear Quest, Mercury Quality Center 10.0
Business and Product Modeling Tools Rational Rose, MS Visio, WPC
Project Management Tools Rational Req Pro
MS Office Word, Excel, Power Point
Languages Java , C,UML
Server technologies JDBC, Servlets, JSP,
Application & Web Servers Weblogic 8.1, Tomcat 5.0
Databases Oracle 10g , MySQL
Frameworks J2EE, Struts
IDE Eclipse 3.0,WASD, RSA
EAI Tools MQ Series/Message Broker, Websphere Process Server (WPS)
Communication and Personal Skills:
• Highly organized and proficient as a team player
• Effective planning skills and capable of managing numerous concurrent tasks
• Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communicative ability
No Employer Role Duration Role description
1 Tech Mahindra Pvt. Ltd. Pune, India Business Requirement Specialist June 2010 to Till Date • In-time creation of JRD and UAT plan and maintenance; also assisting in removing access and documentation bottlenecks during the Global provisioning system setup
2 IBM Canada Pvt. Ltd. Toronto, Canada System Engineer July 2008 to Oct 2009 • Good knowledge on the telecom order capturing processes and applications, involved in design, development and operation support of order capturing tool used widely by CSR's of Bell Telecom, Canada
• Traced, analyzed and documented requirements
• Assisted the development team in fixing a defects
• Supported the production team.
3 IBM India Pvt. Ltd.
Bangalore, India System Engineer June 2007 to June 2008 • Test case documentation, test case review and gap analysis.
• Assisted in enforcement of adherence to project deadlines and schedules.
• Interacted with the developers for resolving reported bugs and for various technical issues.
Title : American Express Service Request eBond
Client : AT&T, USA
Project duration : 9 months
• Generated all stakeholders’ business requirements from contract, SOWs and scope documents; consolidated them in the JRD (Joint Requirement Document). Developed business scenarios to be included in the JRD.
• Identified, managed and resolved gaps within the requirements and interdependencies between groups. Conducted GAP analysis
• Ensured for traceability of the business requirements during review and approval of documents produced in response to requirements.
• Created and conducted PIT / UAT / UCT / ORT and Integrated Plans and cases, UAT Training, Needs and Plans checklist.
• Completed overall test plans for Pre-Production and Post-Production, and test execution.
• Managed and resolved testing exceptions. Added and maintained test cases and scenarios in MQC 10.0. Also added test status on executions
• Tools used – MS Office, MS VISIO, MQC, AT&T Tools (GPS, AOTS)
Title : OrderMax
Client : Bell Canada Enterprise, Canada
Project duration : 2.4 year
• Business requirements assessments, actively participated in assessment of Order capturing tool change requests and release requirements. Full life cycle Software Development (SDLC).
• In Depth understanding of the AS-IS and TO-BE business processes and experience in converting these requirements into technical specifications for preparing test plans.
• Client Interaction & Incident handling involving co-ordination with multiple vendors
• Facilitated (UAT) with the stakeholders and the business users and Production defects analysis and troubleshooting. Complete defect cycle, from debugging to analysis to development to testing & deployment.
• Active participation in delivery releases deployment. Involved in formal review meetings with project teams and developers to report, demonstrate, prioritize and suggest resolution of issues discovered during testing.
• Used Technology - Java, J2EE, SOA, Aspect J, Oracle 9i, Web logic, WPC, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro and Clear Quest
Similar ResumesAccounting Manager Financial Experience Business
United States - credit union, accounting supervisor, fort wayne,...Business Analyst, Project manager, PeopleSoft Developer
Corona, CA - kofax, filenet, jsf, j2ee, jms, architect,...Curriculum Vitae Career Objective Civil Engineering
India, Hyderabad, AP - batching plant, bhaskar, batching, hyd, status,...Procurement & Subcontracts Manager
India, Trivandrum, KL - civil, piping, dubai, instrumentation, qatar,...Civil Engineer Curriculum Vitae Construction Project
India, Bangalore, KA - krishnagiri, civil engg, hpcl, civil construction,...SOCIAL SCIENCE TEACHER
India, CHAPRA, BR - biodata, patna, br, bihar, khan, vill, hyderabad,...Data Entry Technical Support August 2013 Technician
United States - 2013 august, support technician, utilized,...Quality Control Assurance Electrical Engineering
Not specified, Johnson City, TN - material science, laboratory assistant,...Manufacturing Engineer Project Work Experience
Phenix City, AL - engineer project, engineer intern, ergonomics,...Engineer Manufacturing Quality Design Development
Thornton, CO - microphone, surge, smt, emi, emc, ericsson, turbo,...