Human Resources Management Development Manager
*** ****** ******
Gulfport, MS 39503
To obtain a meaningful and challenging position that will enable me to utilize my education, training, and experience in the fields of Workforce Training, Human Resources and Organizational Development.
Climb Youthbuild, International Relief and Development, Gulfport, MS 08/2010 – 05/2011
• Kept detail records of every case, referral, and contacted other agencies on the client’s behalf.
• Counseled participants regarding mental health issues, unemployment, substance abuse, physical abuse, rehabilitation, social adjustment, and medical care.
• Completed applications and secured signatures on client forms, including release of confidential information.
• Maintained contact with local employers, resource websites, and related information.
• Assisted clients with job search; resume writing, and procedures for obtaining employment.
• Set up job shadowing and college tours for clients.
• Implemented and coordinated specific plans of action regarding employment in accordance with the client’s objectives and goals.
• Verified attendance, days attended, and documented onto spreadsheets.
• Compiled student’s time from roll books.
• Processed and issued students stipends/payroll.
Virginia College, Biloxi, MS 02/2009 – 07/2010
Career Services Associate
• Maintained contact with local employers to obtain information on job opportunities, developed and enhanced working relationships, and facilitated client placement.
• Assisted students/graduates with job search, resume writing, and procedures for obtaining employment.
• Maintained database of employment possibilities, resource websites, employment literature, and related information.
• Maintained confidential client and referral records.
• Administered job surveys, questionnaires, delivered/coordinated presentations, workshops, seminars, and job fairs as appropriate to the position.
• Participated as appropriate in system/procedure planning and management.
• Implemented and coordinated specific individual programs or assignments in accordance with the overall objectives of the department.
• Responded to inquiries, researched, and resolved problems related to transactions handled by the department.
• Served as a liaison with departments in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational issues.
Grand Biloxi Casino Resort & Spa, Biloxi, MS 09/2006 - 10/2008
Human Resources Trainer
• Presented information, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, and lectures.
• Coordinated and scheduled classes based on availability of classrooms, equipment, and instructors.
• Developed, scheduled, and conducted supervisory management development, career development, upward mobility, and internship programs.
• Implemented action plans for participants and presented summaries to senior management.
• Identified, assessed, and trained departmental trainers, and designed instructional systems to facilitate departmental programs.
• Prepared and maintained training records and manuals.
• Monitored and evaluated the progress and effectiveness of training and development programs.
• Attended meetings and seminars to obtain information for use in training programs, or to inform management of training program status.
• Functioned as internal consultant to assist management in the examination and identification of organizational problems, the contribution of training in solving those problems and implementation of vehicles to reinforce the situation.
• Managed all aspects of tuition reimbursement including assistance with financial aid.
Gulf Coast Community Action Agency, Gulfport, MS 01/2002 - 08/2006
• Processed, verified, and maintained documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, and classifications.
• Processed and reviewed employment applications to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants.
• Interviewed applicants and verified information used to screen and evaluate them.
• Informed applicants of their acceptance or rejection of employment.
• Arranged advertising or posting of job vacancies, and notified eligible workers of position availability.
• Administered all employee benefits, worker’s compensation claims, ADA, Family Medical Leave, and other Federal Guidelines.
• Administered and scored applicant and employee aptitude, personality, and interest assessment instruments.
• Processed applicant documentation according to employment and agency guidelines.
• Explained personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or applicants.
• Processed status forms, certifications, training and documentation, ensuring the security of confidentiality.
• Requested information from law enforcement officials, previous employers, and other references to determine applicants’ employment acceptability.
• Examined employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
• Recorded data for each employee, including such information as addresses, earnings, absences, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
• Responded to all unemployment notices and attended Appeal Hearings.
Walden University – On-Line 06/2009 – Present
M.S. Leadership – Human Resource Leadership
William Carey College, Gulfport, MS 08/2004 - 08/2006
BGS - Emphasis: Workforce Training & Development
References available upon request
Similar ResumesExecutive Assistant
Scottsdale, AZ - administrative support, executive staff,...Engineering Manager Engineer Design Level Production
India, Hyderabad, AP - spe, chemical process, manager engineer,...Field Engineer, Electrical Engineer
Albuquerque, NM - pic, firmware, jeff, electricians, nm,...Administrative Assistant Service Marketing Management
Allentown, PA - admin, pa, administrator, surgical, front office,...Sales Quality Assurance Accounting Business Experience
Fayetteville, NC - quality assurance, pa, nc, assurance, paint,...MCA[2009 passout] with the key skill set of java, webtechnologies,etc.
India, HYDERABAD, AP - java, hyderabad, content, secret, contact details,...Hospitality Manager
Belleville, IL - cook, bob, elevator, restaurant, belleville, il,...Senior Estimator,Senior Project Manager, Construction Manager
United States - hvac, examples, example, submit, piping, estimator,...Customer Service Manager Production Supervisor
Bakersfield, CA - center manager, cnc, ea, training center,...Engineer Design Engineering Mechanical Experience
Fremont, CA - engineering mechanical, senior mechanical,...