Chioma Okeke RN, BSN, PHN***** ********* ** *******, **********
• Motivated RN with a versatile range of experience in health care & customer service. Objective is to obtain a Registered Nurse teaching position to deliver quality patient care using evidence based practice and implement new patient care ideas within a learning setting.
• San Diego State University, San Diego, CA - Aug 2005 - May 2010
• Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing • California Registered Nurse License Holder # 776305
• Public Health Nurse Certificate #82110
Montclair Hospital Medical Center- July 2011- Present
• Registered Nurse - Conducting direct patient care in a clinical setting in the area of Medical Surgical and Telemetry nursing. Assesses life care strategies for patients to provide modified care plans to accommodate patient’s individual needs. Communicates essential patient and family education on a daily basis. Responsibilities includes delegation, implementing the nursing process, consulting with physicians and the entire medical team to deliver quality patient care, medical chart review, pharmaceutical education, wound care treatment and gathering pertinent discharge needs. Unit population includes adults, geriatrics, pediatrics, and prison inmate patients.
Provant Health- February 2011- Present
• Registered Nurse - Working in a team environment amongst other registered nurses and healthcare providers under the supervision of a team leader to screen employees of multiple organizations for health examinations. Exams include measuring height/weight, glucose/cholesterol testing, measuring body mass indexes and auscultation of blood pressure readings. Services provided are directed towards occupational healthcare and total wellness.
Scripps Encinitas Hospital Aug 2009 - June 2010
• Technical Partner - Collaboration with nurses & medical staff to safely transfer patients to their appropriate units within the hospital for special diagnostic procedures, tests, newly admitted rooms, surgeries & discharges. Required knowledge of contraindications to special procedures in addition to patient’s basic needs for transportation. Assistance as member of the lift team within the Step Down & Intensive Care units.
Honors & Affiliations
• Dean’s List 2006-2009 • Highest G.P.A Greek Award • National Honor Society of Phi Eta Sigma • Scholars Without Borders Honor Society
Emergency Nursing Course- In process
Wound Care & Aseptic Technique Certificate
Moderate Sedation & Analgesia Certificate
Assaultive Behavioral Management (AB 508) Certificate
Dysrhythmia Interpretation & Therapeutic Modalities Certificate
ACLS Provider Certificate
CPR BLS Provider Certificate
Technology Proficient in areas of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Computerized Documentation
Critical Care Course Certificate
NIH Stroke Scale Certification
PALS Provider Certificate
Pediatric Assessment Course
Preventing Pediatric Medication Errors
Pain Management & Treatment Modalities
Stages of Growth and Development: A Basic Overview
Breast Cancer Walk- 2005- 2010 /March of Dimes 2005-2010
- Raising money & supporting in annual walks held in Balboa Park San Diego through fundraising and participating in walk.
Bayview Baptist Church : September 2006 - October 2009
-Tutored children from kindergarten through high school on different subjects such as reading, writing, science & math.
Alvarado Hospital: February 2007- October 2007
- Volunteering on the Medical Surgical Unit to pass out meal trays, attend call lights, and assist the nursing staff.