cardiovascular institutional representative
* ******* *** ****
Savannah, GA **411
Boehringer-Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Savannah, GA 8/10-present
Institutional Specialty Representative II
Detailing Pradaxa, Spiriva, Aggrenox.
Responsible for implementing the BIPI sales/marketing plan to assure maximum distribution and market penetration of BIPI and co-promoted products within BIPI guidelines, policies and directives. . Conduct business with key targeted staff physicians, fellows, residents, pharmacists, and ancillary staff personnel in teaching hospitals, federal and military hospitals, managed health care facilities, group purchasing organizations, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain and utilize expert product knowledge and highly effective selling skills in order to influence targeted health care professionals to support the use of BIPI promoted products. Execute brand strategies to ensure a consistent company sales and marketing message. Establish and maintain effective communication /cooperation/coordination with co-promotion partners and BIPI employees.
• Pre-call plans to meet health care professionals' (HCP) needs. Build discussion around HCP needs and opportunities. Foster HCP network development and communication. Have accurate and timely follow-up discussions with HCP. Foster ongoing trust with HCP as relationship develops. Uses appropriate BIPI Sales Training techniques, including Advancing the Sale, to facilitate the HCP decision making process.
• Identifies top plans for HCP. Engages HCP in comprehensive discussions on the payer environment, copays, and formulary access. Generate and sustain support for products on MCO formularies. Develop an extended team to pull-through MCO decisions. Delivers on "continuation of care" model, including discharge protocol, treatment algorithms, disease management, etc.
• Analyze territory information to optimize HCP calls. Monitor local market conditions for changes that impact business. Develop plans to maximize speaker programs. Adjusts implementation plans on a regular basis (speaker mgmt., advocate development, etc.). Create opportunities that meet both territory and brand tactics. Utilize VISTA and supporting analysis to plan activity, report and monitor sample and literature use, and maintain account and HCP records. Complete all administrative responsibilities as directed by management. Successfully completed all Sales Training requirements.
• Maintains in depth knowledge of hospital organization structure and business models and ability to navigate hospital formulary process.
• Identify and develop thought leaders, innovators and advocates to support BIPI products. Work with trained speakers for given topics and products. Provide feedback and follow-up to speakers and attendees. Initiate contacts and network-building among advocates and HCP. Develop realistic plans to develop speakers and thought leaders. Manage programs and budgets to stay within standards.
• Performs all Company business in accordance with all regulations (e.g., EEO, FDA, DEA, OSHA, PDMA, EPA, PhRMA, etc.) and Company policy and procedures. Demonstrate high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts in order to maintain BIPI's excellent reputation within the medical and pharmaceutical community.
Medical Center Sales Professional Savannah, GA 8/05-Present
Provide evidence-based data, indications and clinical research for Lovenox and Plavix to Hospital-Based and Specialized Physicians. Disciplines include Cardiologists, Oncologists, Orthopedic Surgeons, Neurologists, Pulmonologists, P& T Committee Members, Pharmacists, Hospitalists, and Critical Care Specialists. Conduct educational in-services on Lovenox Syringe Injection Technique and Proper Dosing, Deep Vein Thrombosis Risk Assessments, Risk Stratification and Hospital Cost Containment Measures. Conduct Plavix in-services on Stroke and Peripheral Arterial Disease. Sponsor promotional and educational dinner programs with qualified speakers in all accounts for expanded product share of voice. Utilize Account Driven Approach Sales Tactic to focus sales in specific specialties to maximize selling opportunities with providers.
* Ranked top 12% (#42 out of 341 reps nationwide) 2010 for MULTAQ Sales
* 2009 Transitioned to MULTAQ Product Launch Sales Force
• March 13, 2009 Weekly Trending: Lovenox Product Share Change 0.9%, Volume Growth 7.6%
• March 13, 2009 Weekly Trending: Plavix Product Share Change 14.3%, Volume Growth 26.2%
• 2009 April Implemented a Hospital-Wide DVT Protocol at Fairview Park Hospital
• 2008 Finished in top 20%
• 2007 National Sales Champion Award Winner
• #1 of 40 Representatives for Southeast Region Hospital Sales for 2007
• #1 of 40 in Plavix Sales Southeast Region Hospital Sales for 2007
• 2007 First Quarter Representative of the Quarter for top Sales Growth
• 2007 Second Quarter Representative of the Quarter for top Sales Growth
• 2007 Fourth Quarter Representative of the Quarter for top Sales Growth
• 2006 Fourth Quarter Representative of the Quarter for top Sales Growth
• 2006 Power of 1 Winner for Regional Sales Growth
• April 2006 Winner of Proven Predictable Performers Spring Contest
• 2005 Power of 1 Above and Beyond Winner, Fourth Quarter
Ortho McNeil Neurologics
Senior Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Savannah, GA 4/04-8/05
Detailed indications and clinical research for Ultracet, Topamax, Razadyne ER, Reminyl, and Axert to Orthopedic Surgeons, Rheumatologists, Pain Management Specialists, Neurologists, Internal Medicine Physicians, Family Practitioners, PAs, NPs, Residency Programs and Nursing Homes. Used Conversational Selling Skills to maximize selling time with healthcare providers. Was recruited to a Hospital Sales Position with Sanofi-Aventis for further career advancement.
• Ranked #8 and #18 out of 60 representatives for 2 Products 2005
• 3rd Place $250.00 Winner for Axert All Stars Contest 2004
• 4th Place Rank for Ultracet High Volume Sales 2004
• Honorable Mention for the ‘Execution Around the Box’ Regional Sales Contest for call plan attainment and high call averages 2005
• Developed a regional sales incentive contest for Topamax Product Launch, Topamax ‘Quick Draw’
• District specialist for Topamax
Abbott Laboratories Savannah, GA 4/03-4/04
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist
Presented the latest information, indications and current research pertaining to Micardis, Mobic, Synthroid, and Flomax, to Cardiologists, Internal Medicine, Family Practitioners, Orthopedic Surgeons, PAs, and NPs. Reestablished relationships with physicians and staff. Using Integrity Selling and Lunch and Learns to increase market share in target accounts. Contract with Boehringer-Ingelheim ended and I joined Ortho-McNeil Neurologics.
* Won District Sales Team of Southeast 2003
• Won Peer Awards for Leadership and Best Product Detail in Training 2003
• Placed 2nd in District Meeting Contest for Creative Sales Ideas 2004
• Placed 2nd in 3rd Quarter ‘Spiff” Contest for Highest Increase in Market Share for Micardis 2003
Pfizer Labs, Inc. Savannah, GA 10/98-6/01
Professional Healthcare Representative
Detailed indications and research for Norvasc, Lipitor, Viagra, Zithromax, Zithromax Oral Suspension and Cardura to Cardiologists, Internal Medicine, Family Practitioners, Urologists, PAs, NPs, Hospitals and Residency Programs and Pediatricians. Provided national speakers for CME Credit in Hospital Grand Rounds Program and Evening Educational Programs. Continually executed creative action programs to increase market share. Maintained excellent relationships with physicians and ancillary staff members. Resigned
• Exceeded 100% of Quota Overall each year
• Top 10 Viagra Sales Performer, 114.15% of Quota for 1999
• #1 Territory for implementation of Viagra SHIM (Sexual Health Inventory for Men) Program
• “Summertime Blues” Contest Team and Individual Winner based on High Call Averages
• Excellent Inventory Reconciliation each year
• #1 Ranking out of 6 for Level 6 Training
• 3 Hours of CMR completed
• Created a poem which incorporated all of Pfizer’s products & was published in the Southeast Labs Division Magazine
Pitney Bowes, Inc.
Senior Account Executive Atlanta, GA 1998-1999
Handled 300 customer accounts ranging from small business to multiple location corporations. Recommended postal and shipping technologies to current and prospective customers. Generated new business via lease renewals, cold calling, mailings, telemarketing, and corporate leads. Maintained contact with customers to insure complete customer satisfaction.
Field Sales Manager Atlanta, GA 1997
Key disciplines encompassed sales forecasting and planning, new business development, major account management, negotiating contracts and product development. Hired, managed and trained 5 sales representatives with experience ranging from Entry-Level to Senior-Level status. Identified sales opportunities, interpreted marketing trends, targeted markets and built profitable repeat business.
Associate Sales Manager Atlanta, GA 1996
Assisted Area Sales Manager by mentoring new sales representatives. Developed and implemented performance evaluations and career development programs. Demonstrated hands-on training of entire product line, in-field training, weekly team meetings and individual meetings.
Area Account Executive Cedar Knolls, NJ 1992-1996
Promoted products and services to various sized urban accounts. Grew sales by 30%. Established new relationships with customers.
• National Pacemaker Club Status, 140% of annual quota, 1993; ranked in the top 5% of sales representatives, Jewelry Winner
• National Sales Leadership Club Status, 130% of annual quota 1992-1996; represented the top 10% of sales
• Pitney Bowes "Skipper's Crew Club" based on 5 consecutive years exceeding 110% of national quota
• Nationally recognized as 1 of 20 representatives as a Meter Leadership Club Winner 1994-1995, for generating new
• District Leasing Leader, 1995 for leasing 98% of annual business. District Meter Leader, 1995,1996. Increased
customer base by 55%. Certified Postal Consultant, 1995
• Selected as one of 100 representatives nationally to participate in the Pitney Bowes/IBM Laptop Sales Automation
Program, 1993-1995, and 1998
• Product Iaunch Manager 1997-1998, 3 Products
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
• Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communications, 1991 • Dean's List
• Business Minor, Marketing Emphasis • Lion Ambassador
Similar ResumesExperienced Property Manager
- lynx, property manager, tulsa, arm, wichita, cam,...Mike Crylen
Laguna Hills, CA
- envelope, merchandiser, estimator, sioux, admin,...Manager Sales Project Human Resources Customer Service
- storekeeper, site supervisor, route sales,...Merchandiser
- merchandiser, merchandisers, stockton, escrow,...ICD9/CPT coder, medical office billing, RN, RVT
- rvt, coder, rn, nurse, wanted, echo, vascular,...Contracter
- ingenium, netezza, independant, mdm, informatica,...Merchandiser
Santa Fe Springs, CA
- cae, merchandiser, artist, lifeguard,...Medical Design Engineer Engineering Software Assistant
- spinner, photolithography, mems, ece, vlsi, dog,...Respiratory Sales Specialist
- corrugated, merck, biotech, profession, mold,...Nurse Practitioner
- neurosurgery, clinical nurse, fnp, picu, perinatal,...