, SAN RAFAEL, CA *****
Cell Phone 949-***-****
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT (Sr.Project Manager)
Expert in: Construction Project Management
Result oriented Knowledgeable and High-energy professional who planes, organizes and manages construction and development projects from inception to completion. Directs motivates and supervises professional and technical staff and outsource consultants to deliver the projects on target with in the approved budget. Leads the team through changes and challenges to meet the set goals. Problem-solver who envisions smart solutions and executes with urgency. Extensive customer service experience who is able to keep teams focused and productive. Skilled in negotiating with contractors and consultants with a keen ability to capture opportunities to control the project cost.
Construction Project and Development Planning ~Budget Planning and Cost Controlling~ Review and analysis of Project Execution Schedule ~ Direct and Supervision of A/E and Construction Teams ~ Interface effectively with Clients and all levels of Government agencies. ~ Progress payments & Claim Analysis and Negotiating~ Progress Reporting & Analysis Productivity & Performance Improvement.
Housing Authority of City of Los Angeles, Design and Constructions Services Department: 2002 - 2012
Numerous Development, Design and Construction, Renovation and Rehabilitation of Public Housing
Position: Supervising Construction Project Manager
Directed and supervised professional and technical staff, A/E Consultants, and Project Managers in the preparation of A/E designs and related drawings, specifications and estimates involved in construction. Oversaw and Managed Construction Project Managers in development and implementation of Bid documents, investigating bidders qualifications and preparation of contract documents for execution. Assisted A/E consultants and contractors in obtaining required permits. Monitored project execution daily and Conducted weekly on -site progress and scheduling meetings with construction management team to ensure compliance with construction contract, plans, specification and approved schedule and budget.
• Development and Construction of New Dana Strand Gardens Project with scope of 120 units of multifamily apartments 116 units of single family townhouses and the Lifelong Learning Center, a 10,000 Square Foot educational and recreational facility.
• Renovation and rehabilitation of Housing Authority of City of Los Angeles Head Quarter, Complete upgrade and modernization of a fifty year old 7story 160,000 Square Foot building. The construction work executed in 4 phase while occupied by approximately 1000 employees. Each completed phase occupied by relocated employees to vacate space for commencing subsequent phases.
• Modernization and upgrading of numerous Public Housing and Recreational Facility Projects in Metropolitan City of Los Angles to comply with new Codes ,Laws and Ordinances.
• Completed Renovation of L.A. Housing Authority Head Quarter requiring an aggressive project execution with minimal disruptions to the 1000 employees daily work activities occupied the building during construction.
Spectrasite Communication Inc, Irvine, CA: 2001 - 2002
One of the largest Communication Facilities Providers in the Nation.
Position: Sr.Project Manager
Earned fast track promotion to Sr. Project Manager based on strong performance in managing and overseeing development and construction of communication sites from inception to completion. Directed and supervised Design and Construction in house technical staff, consultants and contractors. Reviewed, improved and approved designs by A/E Consultants, Qualified and hired contractors and supervised construction work to complete the project on schedule. Reviewed, negotiated and approved all consultants and contractors change orders and was responsible for all ongoing communication with construction team ,clients , public and governmental agencies. Provided weekly and monthly progress status updates and was accountable for job site safety measures and compliance with safety requirements.
• Delivered 102% of forecasted goal for communication and cell sites development and construction.
• Successfully turned around by working through challenges and regaining the confidence of the Clients and senior management resulting in an on-schedule and within budget project delivery.
SUNPEAK CONSTRUCTION INC. 1994 - 2000
Custom Homebuilder, Commercial Buildings & Supermarket Builder in Southern California.
Position: Construction Manager / Project Engineer and Estimator
Worked collaboratively with colleagues to deliver intelligent solutions to ensure quality delivery of construction project to client’s satisfaction and referrals to win job. Reviewed construction plans, documentation, and attended bid walks resulting in clear understanding of scope of work and appropriate coordination with project architects. Prepared cost estimates, proposals and contract documents for residential, commercial, public works and tenant improvement projects, $10 Million to $ 20 Million per year. Administered and negotiated contracts with clients and sub-contractors saving money and time spent on projects. Prepared Construction schedules, cost control, project correspondence, RFI’s, RFC’s and Submittals .Managed and supervised construction projects from inception to completion in Southern California, meeting codes, schedules and targeted budgets. Paid sub- contractors and suppliers on time through efficient organization and authorization of payments and close the project.
Ensured quality workmanship and customer satisfaction throughout the construction process through face to face daily interaction with high profile customers in order to analyze and resolve all challenging circumstances.
Oversaw job site safety measures and compliance of safety requirements while routinely interacting with local municipalities to obtain all required permits, inspections and Certificate Of Occupancy.
BNE CONSULTING ENGINEERS INC.(Parsons Corp. Subsidiary, Pasadena, CA), 1990 - 1994
leading international A/E and Construction Management Company handeling projects up to $150M.in value for Petrochemical private sectors.
Position: Chief Resident Supervisor
Planned, organized, and managed supervisory and inspection teams of 50 professionals for Construction of of Kangan Natural Gas Refinery & Pipe Lines, Directed the day-to-day operation of construction projects and worked closely with architects, engineers and construction managers to assure adequate supervision and adherence to company policies and industry engineering standards. Supervised housing developments and construction of community centers, office buildings and support service buildings of 300,000 square feet. Controlled projects monthly construction progress per plans and approved schedule, resulting in on time project completion and receiving client bonus. Evaluated third party contractors, suppliers and vendors based on their qualifications, Negotiated and approved third party contracts. Achieving efficient project execution. Processed and evaluated contractors monthly progress reports and invoice change orders, pinpointing and correcting discrepancies prior to approval for payments, saving company and client money.
• Organized, Realigned the work structure resulting in increased Productivity and decreased schedule times.
• Guided, supported and supervised staff Project Engineers and Work discipline Leaders to comply and implement the realigned on-site work structure to promote efficiency, productivity and profitability.
ECC (Erection and ConstructionCompany, Affiliate with Tecnip International), 1980 - 1990
General Contractor handling Oil and Gas projects up to $100M.in value for Major Petrochemical Firms.
Position: Site Manager & Superintendent
Managed construction organization of 80 professionals for rehabilitation and renovation of hotels, high rise office buildings and medical clinics, Oversaw construction of office buildings and commercial complexes for government agencies with project cost of $25 million per year. Envisioned smart solution and resolve day-to-day operational issues of construction projects, Managed project team to assure adequate supervision and adherence to Managing Contractor, Technip International (a French based company),
Developed and maintained effective technical documentations as well as communications with unit contractor (Denora, Milano), achieving high efficiency and project completion per approved schedule.
Evaluated, selected and hired consultants, construction managers and technical services engineers to assure projects construction execution meet high quality and industry standards.
• Motivated and coordinated construction staff and supervised working teams to work through the holiday season including Christmas Eve and New Year, in order ensure successful completion of the B.A. Petrochemical project. Saving a significant amount of money. and gaining huge customer bonus.
Master of Engineering in Construction Management
Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas
Bachelor of Science in Electrical