LAUREN “CHIP” MCBROOM JR.***** ** **** ******, *******
, Washington 98053
Phone (425) ***-****
Fax (877) ***-****
A leader with imagination and a proven track record for substantially increasing profitability and generating new business in rapidly changing environments. Conceptualize the big picture, consider options, grow strategic plan, and empower sales & management team to exceed expectations. Enthusiastically and productively communicate company vision to potential investors, board members, employees, and clients.
* Direct Sales & Marketing
* Product Development & Distribution
* Business Development & Startup
* P&L Budgets & Strategic Planning
* Organizational Development
* Channel & OEM Distribution
BENCHMARK MEDIA GROUP, Seattle, WA 2000 – 2009
Redmond, WA based Startup $20+ Million national advertising company. U.S. operations 25 professionals.
EVP US Sales & Marketing
Responsible for all aspects of Startup sales and product delivery and exhibitor/advertiser contract agreements, while substantially growing revenue base and profitability while maintaining a high level of customer service.
* Created unique consumer marketing campaigns that resulted in increased market share. Out of Home media distribution of billboard product line, Grocery chain & Big Box retail vertical.
* Increased sales across all product lines to $20 million+ annually with P & L accountability
* Signed up a network of marketing agents to create a low cost selling organization outside of the Northwest that grew sales revenues substantially. CPG/Retail Sales group, 25+ direct reports.
* Organized all technical and sales support functions that increased sales productivity and customer satisfaction, and set up distribution channel through national grocery chains and big box retail.
* Created production & manufacturing processes of bench billboard product and implementation.
* Championed the “Complete Solution” sale that drove business relationships at CEO, CFO, executive levels of client base resulting in larger sales pipeline with increased profitability and ROI.
* Managed transition of sale of company to private investor group.
* All facets of financial management, general management & reporting to board of director’s responsibility.
TCF FINANCIAL DBA WINTHROP RESOURCES, Minnetonka, MN 1997 - 2000
$16 Billion financial services firm serving 50 states. US leasing operations totaled $700 million.
Region Sales Vice President, Pacific Northwest
Directed all facets of high technology leasing sales, business development, client services, and strategic planning and budgets for the four state region.
* Partnered with over 20 Northwest hardware and software OEM & VAR providers implementing complex enterprise wide solutions to mid-cap clients for their financing and leasing solutions partner.
* Created a new company product “total financial services” solution selling which included financing hardware, software & implementation services through channel resellers.
* Large transaction management from a minimum of $1-10 million per implementation.
* Achieved massive sales production calling on the CEO, CFO level. Increased the region from $550,000 to $40 million in sales in 3 years while increasing region ROI. Account & region P & L responsibility.
DANKA INDUSTRIES, DBA DEX BUSINESS SYSTEMS, Tampa, FL 1992- 1997
$1 Billion US manufacturer and OEM distributor of office equipment, consumer electronics, supplies and services in 50 states and 3 countries.
VP Sales US Western Region & Canada
Responsible for all aspects of telecommunication, consumer electronics, software and multi-function product sales with delivery through direct & distribution & channel networks. Substantially growing sales and revenue base along with profitability while maintaining high level of dealer and customer service.
* Resourcefully managing ten district sales managers in 17 states and two countries with annual revenues exceeding $18 million and responsible for P & L budget & quota attainment. In addition to hiring and training we negotiated large end user sales contracts and distributor major accounts.
* Successfully launched several new OEM (Samsung & Fujitsu) B2B & consumer electronic product lines and increased revenue by 43%, Increased ROI & doubled market share along with increased brand awareness.
* Committed to training and implementing value-added selling by developing innovative and viable alternatives to traditional office equipment marketing. 15+ direct reports.
* Promoted to Western Region VP in 1995 from District Sales Manager.
District Sales Manager, Ann Arbor, MI
Responsible for all aspects of telecommunication, consumer electronics & multi-function product sales through direct and dealer networks. Substantially growing sales and revenue base along with profitability while maintaining high level of dealer and end user customer service.
* Resourcefully managing a five state district (MI, OH, IN, KY, WV) improving dealer production by 300% & district channel sales by ten fold in 3 years. Exceeded sales quota in all years as district manager.
* Led dealer network in hiring and training sales people and actively called on major accounts to aid sales people in sales quota and goals by solution selling directly to Fortune 500 clients.
* Lead member of sales team which landed largest national corporate account (Kmart) in history of Dex.
SHARP ELECTRONICS, CHANNEL DEALER NETWORK, 1988- 1992
Manufacturer of office equipment, consumer electronics, supplies and services in 50 states and 30 countries.
Major Accounts Business Development Manager & Sales Manager, CA, PA
Responsible for sales quota of high volume copier, duplicator & multi-function direct sales to major accounts.
* Substantially grew sales and revenue base for high volume copier & multi-function product lines in several vertical markets in commercial & government, targeting specific new account business development.
* Promoted to Sales Manager from Major Accounts and led up to 12 successful direct sales reports.
* Mentored sales personnel by training, demonstrations, cold calls & target account calls.
* 20+ direct reports in both geographic areas. Education & Government vertical market specialty.
RALSTON PURINA, GROCERY PRODUCTS DIVISION, 1987- 1988
Manufacturer of cereal and pet food consumer products, supplies all 50 states and 40 countries.
District Territory Sales Manager, Southern California
* Recruited directly from Texas A & M to oversee Southern California Territory and 110 grocery store retail locations for Ralston products. Facings, product promotions, inventory control, etc.
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 1983-1987
Bachelor of Science; Major; Economics, Minor; Marketing
Professional licenses: 2005-Present
WA Real Estate; Commercial, Residential, Law & Appraisal
MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Office, ACT, etc.