|My sole career has been Equipment Reliability to maximize productivity, within the industries of Food, Medical Soaps, Batch Chemical Processing, Automotive, RV’s, Agricultural Equipment, Recreation Equipment, Pressure vessels, Appliances and Steel Processing.
Throughout my career I was recruited by my previous supervisors for 64% of the companies listed on my resume. My previous supervisors (now the Directors of Engineering) Challenged/ Requested me to assist in developing an environment of a “Class 1” operation of “QCDSM” (Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, and Morale).
The first 16 years of my career I managed activities within the departments of maintenance, tool & die, and outside contractors, in maintaining plant equipment utilizing “Root Cause” and “Corrective Action” to achieve “Equipment Reliability.”
The second half of my career I directed, and assisted, engineers and production teams in product launches, cost estimating, setting up work-cells, plant expansions, purchase and install capital equipment, new production lines, NPI (New Product Introduction) and CIP (Continuous Improvement Programs) using the tools of Lean Manufacturing.
I look forward to our future correspondence. Please feel free to call should you have any questions.
CARL BOYD firstname.lastname@example.org
(614) ***-**** Columbus, Ohio 43220
SUMMARY of MANUFACTURING SKILLS
EXPERIENCE: 25 plus years in manufacturing, supplying domestic and foreign markets.
POSITIONS: Maintenance Manager - Mfg Engineering Mgr - Process/Project Eng – Sr. Mfg Engineer
EXTENSIVE MANUFACTURING EXPERIENCE
Skills - Lean Manufacturing, New Product Introduction, Kaizen, 5s’s, 5/6-W’s, PMP, GMP, APQP, PPAP, DCP,PSO, Gage R&R, ECR, BOM, DOE, Kanban, SPC, CIP, JIT, Poka-Yoke, Auto-Cad, ISO/QS-9000, Reverse Engineering
Process Trouble Shooting
Skills – Lean Manufacturing, PMP, Value Stream Mapping, 5S’s, 5(6) W’s, Kaizen, Poka-Yoke, Root Cause/Corrective Action, 5(8) D’s, CIP, TPM, ECR, FEMA, Equipment Reliability, Auto-Cad, Reconstructive Destructive testing
Skills - PMP, DFM/A, SMED, BOM, 5S’s, Value Stream Mapping, Root Cause/Corrective Action, TQM, Poka-Yoke, Zero Defects, RFQ, SPC, JIT, Auto-Cad, Supplier Auditing, Equipment Validation, Reverse Engineering, PSO
CHRONOLOGY of PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Contract Positions 2007-2012
• Faurecia – Process eng - Automotive Exhaust system. Maximize through-put. Reduced scrap from 200 to 10 pcs/day
• PPG – Project eng - Automotive Coatings – Refurbish and upgrade 14,000 Gallon (SILO) storage tanks to meet API Standards and Overhaul Chemical Reactors to decrease cycle time from 12 to 9 hours per batch.
• FRANKE Beverage Containers – Maintenance Manager - Manufacturer of aluminum beer kegs. Maximize equipment reliability, product quality, capacity throughput and Safety.
• Case New Holland – Project Eng. Manufacturers of Agricultural Tractors. Increased capacity through-put (as set by Case), in the assembly of farm tractors, by an additional 25%, using the tools of “Lean Manufacturing.
• James Global – Consultant for NPI (New Product Introduction). Project scope included the sizing of 2 new plants,
manufacturing process, required equipment and shipping and receiving and dunnage requirements.
• Lowes Home Improvement – Customer Associate Worked part-time during and in-between the contract positions listed above from 2007 through 2012.
WORTHINGTON INDUSTRIES - Columbus, Ohio 2002-2007
Toll Processor of Steel, Tier One automotive supplier, manufacturer of Cylinders/Tanks and Office building materials
Process Engineer Manager
• Hands-on support, regarding production issues, for forty plants consisting of 4 business units.
• Continuous Improvement Programs - Resolving production issues by defining Root Cause - Corrective Action and Implementation. Individual project cost savings varied from $10-K to $1.7-million.
• Audit “Capital Appropriations Request”, regarding the purchase of Capital Equipment and Process Improvements.
• Purchase Capital Equipment and managed on-site installation at numerous plants.
• Performed audits to confirm Bid Selection regarding supplier Manufacturing Compatibility and Product Conformance.
US MANUFACTURING CORPORATION - Fraser, Michigan 2001-2002 Tier one and two supplier of forged truck axles and geared drive trains for SUV’s and Pickups.
Program/ Project Manager
• Successfully managed 4 “launch programs” as a tier two supplier to Chrysler. (sales value of $20-million)
• Document management control for RFQ, Equipment Validation, BOM, ECR, APQP, PPAP and PSO.
ATWOOD MOBILE PRODUCTS CORP. Rockford, Illinois 1999-2001
Manufacturer of RV appliances, Brake Systems, couplings/trailer hitches and 5th wheels for RV’s, campers and trailers.
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
• Kaizen team facilitator, resulting in an increase of 33% in cost savings and 300% in production throughput.
• Managed Six Sigma programs to achieve Zero Defect and New Product Introduction
• Managed Engineering, Estimating, Maintenance and Tool & Die departments for stamping and assembly plants.
ROCKFORD PRODUCTS CORPORATION, Rockford, Illinois 1998-1999
Manufacturer of Tier one, automotive forged steering components and industrial/engineered fasteners.
Manufacturing Engineer Manager
• Managed Engineering, Die repair and five production teams to increase productivity.
• Liaison for, internal and external, customer quality issues.
METAL FORGE COMPANY - Dublin, Ohio 1986-1998
Tier One and Two supplier of truck / automotive, forged steering and suspension assemblies.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
• Program/Project manager for seven manufacturing sites in four states. Managing the procurement and
installation of Capital Equipment, equipment/processes upgrades, managing a corporate budget of $30 million.
• Program Manager for the Chrysler Prowler and the Ford F-150.
• Increased product throughput by 200%
• SMED – Designed and developed a process to reduce “Die change-over time” from 8 hours to 45 minutes.
• Developed new plant layouts to existing facilities using the tools of Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing.
• Received the “Chairman’s Award of Excellence” for efficiency and cost reduction of $4MM.
TOLEDO BLANK, INC. - Toledo, Ohio 1984-1986
Manufacturer of steel and aluminum blanks/stampings for numerous industries including Tier one automotive supplier
• Developed policies and procedures to maximize product throughput and quality.
• Managed departments of Quality, Engineering, Maintenance, Purchasing, Tool & Die, Production and Scheduling.
HUFFY SPORTS, INC., Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1982-1984
Manufacturer of exercise bikes, rowing machines, weight benches, basketball rims, poles and backboards.
Maintenance Engineering Manager
• Supervised plant maintenance and tooling department for stamping and welding operations.
• Developed procedures to maximize equipment reliability, increasing throughput by an additional 35%.
Ottawa Chemical, Toledo, Ohio 1980-1982
Manufacturer of Medical Supplies and Powdered Metal
Plant Maintenance Superintendent
• Developed procedures and controls to maximize equipment reliability
• Upgraded process to increase Productivity
Toledo Pickling and Steel Services Toledo, Ohio 1975-1980
Toll Processor of steel for various industries and as a Tier 1 supplier to the automotive industry.
Plant Maintenance Superintendent
• Developed procedures to maximize equipment reliability
• Upgraded process to increase Productivity
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Certified Manufacturing Engineer – SME, Detroit Michigan
BS in Operations Management & Business Management (Double Major) - FRANKLIN UNIVERSITY
Manufacturing equipment/processes include:
Air compressors, Dryers, Steam Generators, Boilers, Chillers, Cooling Towers, Swamp Coolers, HVAC, Batch Chemical Processing, Waste Treatment, Ultra Filtration Systems, Kilns, Furnaces, Heat Treating (Gas furnace & Induction Heat Treat), Fume Scrubbers, Bag House Filters, Clarifiers, Blenders, Plastic Extrude Blow Molding, Ball Mills, Mechanical and Hydraulic Presses (100 to 12,000-tons), Bridge cranes and Hoist (3 to 30-ton), Pickling, Slitting, CTL, Blanking, Stamping, Bend & Coin, Extrude & Upset, Cold/Hot Forging, Cold Wire Drawing, Machining Centers, CNC, Screw Machines, Roll Form, Roll Threading, Welding (Manual, Robotic, Resistance) Cleaning (detergent, acid and shot blast), Plating & Painting (powder and liquid), E-coat, Conveying Systems (mechanical, pneumatic and robotic), Assembly Lines, Equipment automation and refurbishing, Facility upgrades, expansions and new construction. Competent in schematic circuitry for pneumatics, hydraulics, P&ID, PLCs, Electrical distribution and controls.
Similar ResumesEngineer Project Manager Design Mechanical Cnc
New York, NY - injection mold, cad cam, automotive parts,...Enterprise Architect,Business Analyst, Project manager
Worthington, OH - architect, soa, nuclear, engineer, itil, usa army,...Oracle EBS consultant
Castle Rock, CO - oracle, developer, supply chain, device, planner,...Manager Project Engineer Manufacturing Engineering
Columbus, OH - capital equipment, toledo, fraser, rv, ottawa,...Experience Supervisor Years Coal Mining Foreman
Kopperston, WV - foreman, mining, coal, wv, man, supervisor, mine,...Project Manager Software Management Java Business Analyst
Brookfield, CT - template, csharp, java, es, speech,...Continuous Improvement Specialist
Houston, OH - template, molding, injection, plant,...Senior Design Engineer
United States - catia, engineer, design engineer, instrumentation,...Engineer Manufacturing Quality Process Engineering
Davenport, IA - cnc, engineer, sap, manufacturing engineer, mumbai,...Career Objective Developer Sql Server Project
India, Delhi, DL - cse, jquery, frontend, 15k, aspnet, developer,...