Rose-Marie Thompson, RN
* - 2134 Warwick Ave, Warwick RI. 02889.
PROFESSIONAL REGISTERED NURSE
Accomplished and results driven Nursing professional with 27 years of nursing experience. Recognized for professionalism, and commitment to excellence. Comprehensive knowledge of marketing, education, direct patient care, nursing procedures, healthcare administration policies, and caseload management. Reputation as a self-directed professional, with superior problem solving, communication, and management skills. Successful in managing time, prioritizing tasks, and organizing projects to improve the Quality of Patient Care. Self-motivated and can work independently or with a team.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
* EXCELLENT STRATEGIST - Provide solutions that boost productivity and efficiency across the organization. Quickly identify problem areas and implement effective solutions to meet goals.
* EXCEPTIONAL ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS - Consistently recognized for exceptional talents in needs analysis and problem resolution in fast-paced environments.
* STRONG SENSE OF RESPONSIBILITY - Solid professional standards, excellent track record of dependability. Maintain focus on achieving results while implementing changes to meet a diversity of needs.
Dedicated to the principles of clinical integrity. Self-motivated to pursue and disseminate knowledge. Demonstrate ongoing initiative and creativity.
* Provide all customers with training and clinical in-services.
* Provide education programs for professional staff
* Educate the customer on the unmet medical needs of their patient population in regards to their disease state.
* Facilitate, organize, and deliver educational patient materials to all health care professionals.
* Educate nursing staff through presentations , roundtable discussion groups and workshops
* As needed, serve as a guest lecturer or resource for in-house sales training programs
* Present efficacy and safety information to medical staff
* Attend and provide clinical information and/or presentations at national level, regional level and local meetings
* Serve as a clinical advisor for marketing and communicating educational and informational opportunities
* Responsible for generating and presenting weekly reports, daily tracking call activities, individual territory management within my region.
* Participate in national meetings to update, educate, and sharpen my clinical knowledge as it relates to the medication I am currently marketing.
* Continuing extensive review of self study modules, and testing of information requiring and maintaining a 90% knowledge base of presented information.
Extensive experience in providing nursing care and treatment within home, hospital, medical, general/neurological, surgical, emergency, and pediatric environments.
* Assessed patient condition, monitoring vital signs, results of diagnostic testing procedures and informed MD of abnormalities
* Inserted and maintained PIV's, PICC lines and Midline Catheters
* Applied independent emergency measures to counteract adverse developments and notified Physicians of changes in patient's condition
Reviewed evaluated and interpreted nursing records, vital statistics and other data affecting health care services and made changes according to patients needs.
* Taught and instructed patients/significant other in all aspects of Home IV Therapy, Antibiotics, Hydration, TPN, Chemotherapy, etc, in accordance with MD orders
* Performed clinical duties including wound care, dressing/undressing changes, diabetic, etc
Administrative Support Management
Diversified experience in planning and administering nursing activities to ensure provision of patient care as well as productive staff relations efficiency.
* Developed and implemented admission assessments and nursing care plans to ensure continuity in patient's psychosocial and physical care
* Monitored scheduling procedures and established work priorities to effectively care for up to 34 private bedded patients afflicted with infectious diseases
* Directed the preparation and maintenance of patient's clinical records and medical charts
* Assigned a particular patient to nurses and delegated work responsibilities
Experience in communicating effectively and interrelating with individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds, including lower socio-economic patients/families and neurologically impaired post-operative patients.
* Assessed individual and family requirements for support
* Provided information to families and patients regarding Intravenous/Infusion Therapy, pre-operative procedures, post-operative expectations, general treatment and discharge care including 911 emergency measures
* Conducted teaching sessions for patients
* Presented a professional image of self as well as organization/hospital represented
* Provided diversified patient relations and nursing support services
* Served as liaison between Physicians and patients
Innovex (for Roche Pharmaceuticals) Parsippany, NJ 2008-Present
Home IV Nurse:
Coram Healthcare Hopkinton ,MA 2007- 2008
Montefiore Home Care Bronx, NY 2004- 2007
Metropolitan Jewish Home Care Manhattan, NY 2002-2004
Hi-Tech RN/Infusion Nurse Specialist:
Visiting Infusion Care Manhattan, NY 1997-2002
Staff Nurse (Pediatric Emergency Room):
Mamamoides Hospital Brooklyn, NY 1994-1998
Field Nurse (Homebound Medicaid Clients and Emergency Services):
United Jewish Council New York 1990-1994
Registered Nurse (General Surgery/Neurosurgery):
Hackensack Medical Center Hackensack, NJ 1988-1989
Registered Nurse (General Medical Surgery):
Mountainside Hospital Montclair, NJ 1987-1988
Graduate Nurse to Registered Nurse (Pediatric Unit):
Barnert Memorial Hospital Paterson, NJ 1982-1987
Associates, Applied Sciences, Nursing:
Bergen Community College Paramus, NJ 1982
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSURE
Chemo Certified 1996-current
PICC IV 1996-current
Basic Cardiac Life Support -current
~ Registered Nurse ~
Rhode Island, Massachusetts