Award Winning FCP/AVID Video Editor & Motion Graphics Designer
Alan S. Johnson, Jr.
“I consider myself a finely tuned tool to manifest vision”
To contribute creativity and consistently outstanding work.
• Experience with most major digital non-linear video editing systems
• Extensive knowledge of Video/Audio/Graphic Editing concepts and techniques
• Working knowledge of Video/Audio/Graphic Production concepts and techniques
• Proficient in narrative composition and editing multiple project types • Currently editing video using FCP powered by 8core MAC PRO
• Comfortable with older editing systems and analog facilities • Energetic professional who isn’t afraid of long hours in service of a better product
• Can provide innovative and effective solutions in a fast-paced production environment
• Well-organized and able to meet tight deadlines with consistently high quality
• Final Cut Pro editing software and similar products
• AVID digital non-linear editing systems and software
• Compositing / Motion Graphics Design with AE, Motion 3
• 3D Modeling/Animation in Maya 2011
• Image and sweetening software and similar products
• Web/Flash Design for online interactive presentations
• Audio production for audio/radio/live performance
• Audio production for video/broadcast
• Interactive disc production; mastering, authoring and encoding
• PC / Mac / Linux operating systems/environments • Final Cut Pro Studio, Avid/Express/Adrenaline/Media Composer, Adobe After Effects CS5, Motion 3, Photoshop CS5, Adobe Illustrator CS5, Maya 2011, Logic Pro
Jan 2005-Present: Freelance Video Editor and Post Production Artist.
• Served as Creative Video Editor for multiple projects in the Atlanta, GA area
• Edited for High End Post Houses and Clients such as Turner Broadcasting, Cartoon Network,
The Weather Channel, MTV, CNN, TVPG, Morrison Healthcare, Synergy, Artisan Picture Works, Harold Inc, Elevation, Shaw Science Partners, Fine Line Productions, R&R Productions, Outpost Pictures, Fox Sports Network, Red Fish, Soap Box
• Worked with highly experienced Directors & Producers
Jan 2004–2005: AVID Editor, Redfish Creative Group, Grayton Beach, FL
• Served as lead AVID editor for video production company
• Helped to deliver numerous luxury real estate and hospitality industry projects
• Balanced multiple projects and project types in a very deadline-driven environment
• Worked with team of copywriters, designers, producers, etc.
• Received incentives and compensations for creative excellence and dedication
• Also created short educational pieces, crafted logos and bumpers, new FX
• Contributed to marketing design conceptualization and product
San Francisco, CA - producer, developer, video, film, editor, writer,...
San Francisco, CA - video, francisco, cut, san francisco, editor,...
Walnut Creek, CA - sharepoint, lee, ut, walnut, creek, brown, manager,...
Walnut Creek, CA - crazy, entry level, artist, modeling, graphic,...
Walnut Creek, CA - sap, collector, account executive, amir, atlas,...
Walnut Creek, CA - preschool, bookkeeper, teacher, speech, kennedy,...
Walnut Creek, CA - nurse, solidworks, entry level, mechanical,...