James S. Mitts
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
An accumulation of more than twenty-five years of demonstrated ability in managing, planning, implementing and controlling complex Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery projects for companies in the finance, insurance, medical, pharmaceutical, retail, telecom, transportation, and travel industries and government entities. Recommended Crisis Management, Emergency Response and Business Continuity Policies for adoption. Experienced in conducting meaningful Business Impact Assessments (BIA) and Risk Assessments. Facilitated the development of integrated strategies for emergency response and recovery. Developed Contingency, Emergency Response and Business Continuity plans including Bioterrorism, Building Evacuation, and Crisis Response. Coordinated the planning and execution of tabletop and simulation exercises. Organized an effective overall maintenance process to assure completeness of all developed plans. Represented Business and Industry in Duval and Nassau County, Florida as part of a public /private sector partnership to create disaster resistant communities by preventing or reducing the personal and economic loss from natural or man-made hazards through a partnership between government, businesses, organizations, associations and citizens. Inactive Certification: Certified Disaster Recovery Planner (CDRP) Cert # 822 from Disaster Recovery Institute – International and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Cert # 22635 from International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium. Reinstatement of these certifications will be pursued if required.
Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. Jacksonville, FL May 2007 to Dec 2011
Business Continuity Manager
Winn-Dixie Stores is a Grocer whose market encompasses a five state region in the southeast. The Business Continuity Manager position was responsible for creating business continuity plans for the Business Functions located at it headquarters in Jacksonville, FL. Major accomplishment include:
• Conducted BIA and Risk Assessments on nine facilities in the operating region.
• Facilitated the creation and maintenance of twenty-seven Business Continuity Plans for nine Business Units.
• Created multiple bioterrorism plans for designated Metropolitan Statistical Areas within Winn-Dixie’s operating area.
• Conducted tabletop and simulation exercises.
• Facilitated an agreement with the local Power Authority to obtain a higher priority for power restoration for the Baldwin Distribution Center in exchange for staging of Power Company vehicles and personnel at the Distribution Center prior to a major hurricane.
Sole Proprietor James S. Mitts Consulting, Orlando, FL Nov 2002 to Apr 2007
Provided Business Continuity and IT Security Services to ten Fortune 500 companies. Engagements include:
• BCP Contract work for Florida based Grocery Chain.
• Testing of plans in four locations in the US for Healthcare Company based in Colorado.
• Conducted a Risk Assessment, Business Impact Analysis, and develop a Recovery Strategy and Business Continuity Plan for a Seattle based travel services company.
• Facilitated the rollout of a Business Impact Analysis questionnaire for Denver based travel Services Company and presented a report of the analysis to company executives
• Conducted Site Vulnerability Assessment and Business Impact Analysis for Dairy Manufacture in Pennsylvania.
• Developed Customer focused Business Continuity Plan for Manhattan based Financial Services Company.
• Conducted Risk Assessment and Business Impact Analysis for largest retail distributor of diesel fuel in North America based in Ogden, UT.
• Conducted Information Security Audit Assessment on nine specific applications for a Hospital located in Madison, Wisconsin.
• Conducted Data Backup Assessment for Hospital in Chicago, Illinois.
• Conducted Disaster Recovery Gap Analysis for three Hospitals outside of Boston, Massachusetts.
Sprint E|Solutions Orlando, FL Dec 1999 to Oct 2002
Technology Solutions Consultant
Sprint purchased Paranet Inc. and combined its Internet division to create Sprint E|Solutions. E|Solutions provided Sprint customers with Co-location, Internet, IT Security and Business Continuity Planning Services.
• Facilitated the development of Sprint E|Solutions’ Business Continuity Planning (BCP) Practice service offerings that included risk assessment, business impact analysis, recovery strategy development, plan development, plan implementation and testing, plan maintenance and training/awareness.
o Defined BCP Practice contingency planning methodologies, program processes and quality standards.
o Evaluated the quality of all sales and project deliverables.
o Provided proposal and sales support efforts nation-wide, resulting in more than $2M in client billings.
• Conducted Business Impact Assessment, Risk Assessment, developed Recovery Strategy and Business Continuity plan for a Florida based Property Insurance Company.
• Conducted Risk Assessment for U.S. manufacturer of aluminum cans based in the Chicago area.
• Conducted Risk Assessment for Internet Portal Company based in South Florida.
KPMG LLP, Orlando, FL Jul 1998 to Dec 1999
Provided project and technical support for development and delivery of KPMG’s Year 2000 Services.
• Assessed the risk to company facilities and guided teams to develop and implemented Year 2000 recovery plans for a Global Transportation Company located in the Southern United States.
• Participated in the creation of the Information Coordination Center (ICC) for the White House Year 2000 Task force as the liaison between the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the ICC dealing with issues concerning the interface for status and incident reporting.
• Evaluated the Year 2000 Contingency Plans for a Major Cruise Line Corporation.
AI Technology Enterprises, Inc, An AIG Company Orlando, FL Mar 1996 to Jun 1998
Senior Disaster Recovery Consultant
Provide project and technical support for delivery Business Continuity solutions for customer critical business processes.
• Conducted Business Impact Analysis for Leading Life Insurance Company and a Workman’s Compensation Organization.
• Assessed criticality of business operations for Major Pharmaceutical Company.
• Assessed Recovery Strategies for Major Shoe Distributor.
AT&T, Lake Mary, FL Oct 1983 to Sep 1996
• Managed the establishment of operational capabilities that insured recoverability of AT&T’s Network/IT infrastructure.
• Lead a CIO charted cross-business unit team that defined and established standards for the development of integrated recovery plans for all billing applications and the AT&T Data Centers.
• Coordinated the initial development and implementation of AT&T Data Center and Network Operations recovery plan templates via the Comprehensive Business Recovery Planning software system. A total of 139 templates were created to support these operations.
• Defined, implemented, and utilized the site vulnerability processes and tools that established a formal site vulnerability assessment model for use in identifying physical risks to data centers and internal workcenter locations supporting AT&T systems and network operations.
Nova University, Davie, FL, Bachelor of Science, Professional Management 1992
Computer Learning Center, Fairfax VA, Honors Certification, Programming and Computer Operations 1973
FL - php, python, orange, port, j2ee, c#, java,...
FL - hvac, collector, refrigeration, dump,...
Sales and Customer Support
FL - b2b, depot, loss, representative, marine,...
FL - prevention, preventive, safety, twic, protection,...
FL - lab technician, analyst, lab, buyer, assurance,...
Customer Service Sales
FL - rico, puerto, puerto rico, ranch, palm, royal,...
FL - oracle, hp, ux, open, scada, iseries, php, rac,...