Jackie L. Stapleton,CMA
Calgary AB • T3E 7H4
OPERATIONS • ACCOUNTING• OIL & GAS • SOFTWARE
Versatile CMA certified Accounting Professional with 20+ years experience and training as a Controller and Accounting Manager. A history providing mentorship and development to accounting staff, training in software such as Simply Accounting, Ceridian, Quickbooks, Great Plains, Explorer Contract Manager, JD Edwards and Accpac. Acknowledged for integrity and high professional standards. Frequently rewarded for superior performance. Demonstrated hands-on working style in the development and implementation of strategic plans to ensure company growth. Proven ability to manage multiple assignments efficiently while meeting tight deadline schedules. Demonstrated success in streamlining existing operations, turning around unprofitable functions, and envisioning new concepts and future trends.
• Operations & Financial Analysis
• Payroll Management
• Financial Statement Generation
• Establishing Priorities & Schedules
• Dynamic Team Building & Leadership
• Risk & Conflict Management • Budget Preparation
• Process & Performance Improvement
• Employee Training & Mentoring
• Software Implementation
• Client Relation Development
• Microsoft Office Proficiency
Controller Apr 16 2012 – Jul 6 2012
• 3 month contract as interim controller for production services division.
• Provided training and mentorship to staff of 3, implemented new processes regarding month end
binders and updated recording of payroll by re-mapping the results out of Ceridian to be input into
Great Plains. Cleanup of multiple processes and procedures.
Controller January 2010 – April 2011
Imagine Wireless Inc., Calgary AB
• Created monthly working paper binders; organized information into easily accessible system
• Provided training and mentorship to staff of 4; organized workflow and provided supplementary assistance whenever necessary
• When hired, reduced staff from 7 to 4; implemented more efficient procedures that ensured efficiency and productivity of remaining team
• Implemented month-end procedures for fiscal year, along with revenue recognition, accounts receivable collection, expense recording and bank reconciliations procedures for accounting team
• Quickly learned POS system, IQ Metrix and subsequent software specific to industry; quickly became point-person on software for department
• Moved payroll from Simply Accounting to Ceridian reducing payroll preparation time from 7 days to a few hours.
Accounting Administrator (Part-Time) March 2009 – July 2009
EOS Pipeline, Calgary AB
Accounting Administrator (Part-Time) October 2008 – April 2009
Northern Plains Investment Council, Calgary AB
Accounting Coordinator September 2008 – February 2009
Compass Directional Services Ltd., Calgary AB
• Managed logistical concerns of accounting department; set up and prepared working paper binders, liaised with Controller to streamline document management
• Prepared year-end working papers and account reconciliations accurately and quickly using Quickbooks.
• Reviewed policies and procedures, made recommendations to President for improvements
• Assisted newly hired Controller on setting up company policies and procedures
Jackie L. Stapleton, CMA Page 2
CAREER SYNOPSIS- Continued
• Created seminars and trained 8 accounting supervisors and 2 regional accounting managers on Explorer Contract Manger software including Gl, AR, AP, Payroll, Job Costing, Estimating, Equipment Control and Inventory Control
• In November of 2001, Ipec was acquired by Flint Energy Services.
Controller September 2003 – December 2005, July – August 2006
RepeatSeat Ltd., Calgary AB
A leading software provider of internet ticketing to a variety of industries
• Provided management direction to an accounting staff of 2; trained and mentored as necessary, resolved inter-departmental conflict and ensured team functioned cohesively
• Managed major financial documents; accurately consolidated monthly financial statements
• Created and led training for team on updated accounting process using Simply Accounting software
• Revamped accounting procedures; designed implemented monthly reporting template, including monthly working papers for all accounts
• Designed revenue recognition procedures on 3 different ticketing software applications; provided constructive criticism to technical department
• Liaised with auditors and tax personnel to coordinate necessary paperwork
• Contributed to Great Plains software project; worked on designing new accounting system
Accounting Support (Contract) May 2002 – July 2003
Flint Energy Services, Calgary AB
• Provided accounting support; assisted in the implementation of JD.Edwards software in locations across Alberta; trained 24 staff, ensured all employees familiar with software
Trainer (Contract) May 2002 – April 2003
Explorer Software Inc., Calgary AB
Controller April 1998 – May 2002
Ipec Ltd., Calgary AB
• Provided training and development to accounting staff of 10; answered questions and solved problems
• Consolidated monthly financial statements in an accurate and efficient manner. Provided document management for company insurance applications. Prepared and monitored budgets; ensured company consistently within budget restrictions
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Accounting and Small Business Management Instructor February 1995 – March 1998
Yukon College, Calgary AB
Director of Administration October 1990- February 1995
Westfair Foods Ltd., Calgary AB
Controller August 1988 – October 1990
KWD Manufacturing, Calgary AB
Insolvency and Small Business Accounting August 1981 – July 1988
Deloitte Haskins and Sells, Calgary AB
EDUCATION • TRAINING
ICAA Controllership Program Certificate | November 2001
Management Seminar, SAIT | YEAR 2000
CAPPA Introductory and Oil Production Accounting Courses | 1999
CMA Certification | 1987
Canada, Calgary, AB - ab, b2b, church, alberta, merchant, ken, mall,...
Customer Service Sales
Canada, Calgary, AB - ab, fresh, demand, drivers, follow, calling, book,...
Customer Service Representative
Canada, Calgary, AB - ab, bookkeeping, calgary, selector, selected,...
Canada, Calgary, AB - ab, government, shaw, schedules, calgary,...
Customer Service Warehouse
Canada, Calgary, AB - ab, calgary, warehouse, relations, was, recycling,...
Canada, Calgary, AB - ab, calgary, meeting, was, centre, distribution,...
Canada, Calgary, AB - ab, calgary, funds, alberta, royal, advisor,...