Email: email@example.com Phone: 631-***-****
QA TESTER – Luitpold Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Shirley, NY
Sep 2009- Till Date
Highly adaptable IT Quality Assurance Professional who has extensive background in Software Quality Assurance and Manual Software Testing. Possess exceptional interpersonal skills, excellent report writing skills. Highly organized, efficient and detail oriented. Able to accurately and efficiently meet critical deadlines involving large projects. A multi-tasked who works well in a fast paced environment. Seeking a position/role where I can utilize my strong background in quality assurance and software testing to produce a high quality product.
As a tester involved in testing applications on various modules like Manufacturing, Purchasing and Warehousing Modules. Involved extensively in the upgradation and modifications to the original version that are made to accommodate the customized processes and procedures set as per FDA.
Environment: ILE RPG, RPG/400, DB2/400, CL/400, SQL
• Responsible for writing the Test Plan and developing a Test strategy.
• Involved in development of Test cases from functional requirements, technical specification and user interface documents (UI Docs).
• Developed and enhanced Test scripts by using feedback from Business Consultants and Project Leads.
• Creating and execution of manual test scripts.
• Defect tracking, Incident Reporting and monitoring Change Requests.
• Verified the Test scripts from the team and coordinated with the production release team as and when needed.
• Performed Integration testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionality.
• Assisted in Production Validation towards the end of release.
• Worked with the QA / Development team to further improve testing methodology.
• Validated the data on AS/400
• Tested the AS/400 screens.
• Performed Unit Testing, System Testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
• Communicated project team very often to clarify questions and doubts.
• Attended application walk-through, reviewed requirements and technical details for understanding the scope of the project and attended project meetings as needed.
• Used HP Quality Center for the defects tracking purpose and discussed severity level defects in the meeting with the project team.
• Explained status of the application in the meetings and via Email.
• Involved in testing of AS/400 applications, Web applications and Client-server applications.
• Experience in QA Methodologies and Testing.
• Familiarity with Functional, Integration, UAT, Load, Stress and GUI testing.
• Experience with database languages such as SQL.
• Experience in Documentation of Bugs, Analysis and Unresolved problems.
• Expert in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Project and Access).
• Experience in HP Quality Center.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Have a very good interpersonal skills and analytical skills.
• Delivers results on target, with efficient processing, increased productivity, data integrity, and user satisfaction.
ERP Packages : BPCS (Business Planning and Control System)
Programming Languages : ILE RPG, RPG/400, SQL, C# and Java.
Databases : DB2/400, SQL server
Operating Systems : Windows 95/NT/2000/XP, Vista
Other software used : HP Quality Center, SnagIT
MS in Electronics, Andhra University, India.
Elizabeth, NJ - rpg, iseries, programmer, programmer analyst,...
Analysis, Design, Troubleshooting, coding
Chicago, IL - rpg, edi, german, programmer, liberty, automobile,...
Lake Hiawatha, NJ - rpg, ile, c#, developer, c# .net,...
Tech Support-Customer Service, Help Desk, Rpg As/400
Mansfield, TX - rpg, ile, developer, programmer, dba,...
El Paso, TX - rpg, fresher, bpo, developer, format, tester,...
Bayonne, NJ - rpg, teams, as400, application, cl, issues,...
Metuchen, NJ - rpg, programmer, java, datastage, formats,...