• Over Seven years of experience in systems administration, including analyzing, designing, developing, installing and maintaining software, peripherals and networks.
• Experienced in automating routine server tasks and alerts using various scripting technologies like VB Script, batch files, ASP and Powershell and tools like perfmon.
• Excellent troubleshooting and technical support skills with migrations, network connectivity and security and database applications.
• Efficient administration of Microsoft server products namely Windows Server 2003, IIS 6.0, 7.0, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008
• Advanced databases skills on SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Oracle 9i and MS-Access.
• Expertise in SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, triggers and cursors.
• Experience in application development using Visual Basic, VBA, Perl, ASP, ADO, ASP.Net, ADO.Net, C#, VB.Net, VB Script and Java Script.
• Used Crystal Reports, MS Access reports and SSRS for generating various reports.
• Excellent communication skills and a proactive team member. Able to liaison between technical and non-technical people.
• Adept at determining requirements, project scheduling, and technology planning.
• Servers/OS: IIS 5.0/6.0/7.0, Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows 9x/ME/XP, Linux, DOS.
• Databases: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Oracle 9i, MS Access, MySQL, Visual FoxPro.
• Protocols: TCP/IP, SMTP, FTP, SFTP, LDAP, PPTP, DNS, WINS, HTTP, SSL, SSHv2, WAP, 802.11 a/b/g
• Applications: Visual Studio 2005/2008, MS Office Suite, graphics tools, accountancy software and Internet technologies
• Tools: Fiddler, WCAT controller, WCAT client WFetch, IP Monitor, Wireshark, Microsoft Network Monitor, Microsoft Visual Round Trip Analyzer, Quest PowerGUI
• ITIL v3 Foundation
• Senior Systems Engineer, U.S. Department of Interior, Washington DC
09/08 – Present
• Technical lead for nation-wide rollout of National Park Service Help Desk Ticketing system.
• Administering and configuring Numara FootPrints 9.0.3 using IIS 6.0 and SQL Server 2005.
• Upgraded Numara Footprints application from version 8.1 to 9.0.3.
• Configured IIS 6.0 with SSL using wildcard certificate for https, created redirection websites, virtual directories and enabled logging.
• Responsible for setting up alerts, measuring key performance indicators using perfmon and performance tuning of IIS 6.0 and SQL Server 2005.
• Troubleshooting application, system and IIS logs.
• Wrote scripts to monitor domain controllers, SCCM and SCOM server and a batch file to swap the current authentication configuration file when either server is down.
• Wrote Powershell scripts to be able to start and stop IIS remotely.
• Coordinated with network infrastructure, security and data center teams to make sure new server is in correct OU with GPOs applied so that STIGs are met, health check is performed using SCOM and updates are pushed using SCCM.
• Migrated data using SSIS from headquarters to designated regional projects, including conversion of user principal name in AD.
• Wrote several SQL and VB scripts: to update time zone for all agents, to identify any disapproved votes in AD project to edit the closing date/time of the RFC, to update Hierarchy code in SQL server in WAN project.
• Implemented full-text indexing and backup and restore functionality using SQL maintenance plans to schedule full database and transaction log backups.
• Set up virtual machines using VMWare for development and test environments.
• Compiled stored procedures to update AD account changes to map user tickets to reports accurately.
• Configured Change Management for special system teams including AD team and WAN team. Defined a process and phase for voting of each CAB in Change Management.
• Setup Dell 2970 servers with RAID 5 configuration and VMWare ESXi server.
• Analyzed TCP/IP, LDAP packets captured using Wireshark and Netmon to determine fallibility of domain controller.
• Used AD Admin pack tools like lockoutstatus.exe to resolve login issues.
• Documented data architecture, design documents for NPS Help Desk System, Mobile Devices, and IT Waiver projects and assisted in Contingency Plan document.
• Demonstrated AD Change Management and Service Catalog to deputy CIO and Division Chiefs.
• Setup Full Server Failover replication and alerts using Double-Take software on server using V2V and P2V setups.
• Configured email settings, escalations, auto-assignments, quick-ticket templates, user roles, teams, agents, customers in the application.
• Troubleshooting all application related customer service issues.
• Performing routine application and server maintenance.
• Programmer / Analyst, Judy Diamond Associates, Inc., Washington DC
08/04 – 09/08
• Acted as primary database administrator for SQL Server 2000 databases and products (EINFinder.com, freeERISA.com, and the BCMS & PAD products). Setup backups and tracked server drive space & system health.
• Moved from Windows 2000 to Windows Server 2003 involving migration of scheduled tasks, security settings, setting up user accounts and permissions, including configuration settings, program installation, and data migration and testing.
• Migrated einfinder.com and freeerisa.com from one server/IP/database to another involving both code base and database move, IIS 5 to IIS 6 migration and changing settings to allow ASP scripts to run, setting up FTP accounts and server certificates.
• Achieved failover capability by setting up transactional replication and/or log shipping where necessary of respective databases.
• Implemented all stages of the software development cycle in developing a research based data verification database. Gathered user requirements, designed software architecture which included building tables, creating relationships and indexes.
• Programmed using ADO.Net for communication between application and database, used Data Grid, Data Table, Data Adapter and Data Readers.
• Enforced disaster recovery plan during SQL injection attack to minimize data loss.
• Setup a .Net test platform development environment on local server with Windows Server 2003/SQL Server 2005/Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Source Safe.
• Used Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SQL statements, stored procedures and triggers to interact with the database and for ETL.
• Maintained all Windows based products involving improving the efficiency of several scripts and processes including SQL and ASP scripts and cosmetic changes.
• Developed MySQL queries to handle few backend operations like user management.
• Automated the IRS TIN matching system and other routine server tasks using scripts.
• Administered user accounts and setup chroot SFTP server on Linux machines.
• Framed up the product structure and administered bugzilla usage.
• Developed a multi-user order tracking system for inter-departmental use implementing user-level security, forms, reports and searching functions.
• Performed quarterly DOL database updates on all products on SQL Server 2000 including creating new DTS scripts and improving SQL scripts and stored procedures for data cleaning, de-duplicating, merging and purging.
• Installed and configured several workstations to setup a sub-network on Windows Server 2003 including various software products on each workstation. Assigned permissions and created profiles for each workstation on the intranet.
• Systems Specialist, Center for Academic Technologies, GWU
05/03 – 07/04
• Analyzed requirements for network upgrade specifications and guided decisions for selecting appropriate software and hardware based on departmental usage and equipment inventory.
• Troubleshoot OS and Audio / Visual related issues in high technology classrooms including notebook computers, projectors and other high-technology equipment. Developed and maintained procedure and policy manuals including inventory check, order tracking and flow of operations.
• Provided training to lecturers, students and outside guests on usage specific to computer and audio visual and other technology equipment installed in high-technology classrooms under the Classroom Technology Services division.
• Configured and administered LAN systems. Implemented backup and archive/retrieve techniques, implemented security procedures to insure control and accessibility of data.
• Tested and maintained Respondex Interactive System for various classrooms with audiovisual equipment and varied software.
• Managed configurations and maintenance of certain network printers, routers and switches and installed Allied Telesyn switches for supporting requirements to manage a departmental network of audiovisual enhanced classrooms. Use of Visual Basic for Applications, SQL Server, MS Access, MS Outlook 2000/2003, LAN Protocols: TCP/IP, 802.11b, Windows, and related tools.
• Systems Support Analyst, National Organization for Women, Washington DC
05/03 – 08/03
• Worked on conversion of Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 server including upgrading several workstations from Windows 95/98 to Windows XP.
• Provided technical support in troubleshooting network issues including protocols installation, use and debugging software. Assisted in re-installation of various software including operating systems due to corruption and permissions related conflicts.
• Configured various email clients and assisted in solving connectivity and synchronization issues between various devices including hand-held devices, desktop and notebook computers and cell phones.
• Maintained an inventory check and recommended software and hardware upgrades
• Junior developer, B2B InfoTech Pvt. Ltd., India
07/01 – 07/02
• Worked on analysis, design, development and implementation of web-based software applications. Participated in designing software architecture. Designed and developed documentation. Implemented a user database by creating tables, indexes and relationships in relational database management system.
• Monitored network related problems and in charge for troubleshooting connectivity issues pertaining to protocols and permissions.
• Provided technical assistance in resolving financial accounting software related issues.
• Master of Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering 09/02 – 05/04
Area of focus: Communications and networks
George Washington University, Washington DC
• Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics 07/97 – 06/01
University of Mumbai, India
• Urban Wireless Challenge:
Participated in the Secure and Trusted Operating System (STOS) Consortium event which gauged wireless network quality and range. Used Java aglets and self-developed communication antennas to detect and channel signal strength.
• Steganography and Steganalysis:
Studied various techniques to conceal data. Used tools like Steghide to embed sound data files in documents and implemented sound steganography successfully.
• Cryptography and VPN:
Encrypted and decrypted files using the Blowfish algorithm on the Windows platform. Setup a VPN between a Windows client and Linux server and used the connection to study how data is encapsulated and transferred over the VPN.
• Real Estate Database Design:
Designed a normalized database with the back end on MS Access. Front end user interface was designed using forms in MS Access and VBA. Implemented the database using JetSQL queries for data manipulation and retrieval. Used tools like ERWIN for Entity Relationships and Functional Dependency Diagrams.
• LDAP service setup and authentication:
Setup LDAP services on Red Hat Linux 9.0 OS. Offered LDAP authentication services on port 389 against a dummy database of users. Checked and confirmed the authentication with respect to users in and out of the database.
• Wireless Application Protocol and Bluetooth:
Compiled a report on recent WAP enhancements and studied Bluetooth technology in wireless devices. Coded and tested a small program in WAP on a WAP enabled device.
• IP Security: Firewalls and IP-Virtual Private Networks:
Prepared a report and presentation on IP security and concepts like tunneling, public key algorithms and digital certificates. Discussed various types of firewalls and VPNs and their recommended use based on communication infrastructure.
• Evolution of Modulation in 802.11 Wireless LANs:
Presented a report on modulation formats in 802.11 WLANs. Discussed the criteria for their selection based on the advantages and disadvantages of various modulation techniques.
• Java Based Teaching Module on Modems:
Similar ResumesNew York Engineer Programmer Design Data Software
- c programming, apis, postgres, txt, telecoms, ruby,...Human Resources Management
- talent management, sphr, dashboard, hrms, interim,...Management Project Development Engineer .Net Quality Assurance
- admins, console, ssc, ssis, february, extension,...Customer Service Administrative Assistant Data Entry
- perfect, switchboard operator, refrigerated,...Software Developer
- silverlight, winforms, ssis, xpath, xsd, etl, j2ee,...Sr. System Administrator
- meditech, oracle developer, rm, developer, java,...Project Business Analyst Manager Management Development
- olap, ms project, cost analysis, llp, users, proof,...TSM Admin
- computer hardware, technical writing, rma,....Net Sql Server Application Development Developer
- application security, endeca, maintainence, tfs,...Business Analyst, Project manager
- datastage, test manager, websphere, etl, b2, cyber,...