*** ******** ******, *** *********, CA *4110, phone: 415-***-****, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Senior manager with extensive product and project management experience in leading hardware and software teams dedicated to applications and device development. Strong in entrepreneurial driven functions including product development, engineering, and recruiting and leading high performance teams.
• Solid understanding of TV space and service provider industry (both telco and cable), the driving technologies of MPEG digital video and audio, and underlying network technologies, including ATM, IP, Ethernet, Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC), switching, routing, and network management systems.
• Proven track record in leading the development of complex, highly scalable distributed solutions based on client server technologies with different OS types and applications (Unix, Linux, Windows, Mac, iOS, and JAVA)
• Holder of several patents and IETF standard drafts in networking and MPEG digital video.
Hoppaa, San Francisco, CA
Co-Founder and Vice President, Research & Development November 2011 - Present
Leads the development of the Hoppaa solution. Hoppaa offers a venue that brings together those needing to share their intimate, serious or silly issues, and those who enjoy both the entertainment and the empowerment of sharing advice.
• Leads the development of iOS application and a LAMP server (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
• Works with the marketing team to define the product offering
• Develops a LAMP server, and deploy it within Amazon AWS environment
• Part of the executive team
Magnum Semiconductor, Milpitas, CA
Director, Product Marketing March 2011 – October 2011
Responsible for leading two product lines at Magnum Semiconductor, Consumer and Broadcast Encoder and Transcoder product lines. Magnum builds best-in-class encoder and transcoders chips, which are used by the leading vendors in the industry to build both broadcast and consumer products.
• Responsibility over the Broadcast Encoder and Transcoder product line, which included both chip level and board level solutions.
• Responsibility over the consumer product line utilizing Magnum chip level solution.
• Created products marketing requirement documents, and worked with engineering to create implementation plan.
• Identified new markets and new potential customers, and supported sales in their development
• Created a support plan for legacy products, and re-created sustaining releases strategy to achieve better quality releases.
• Automated the price list generation for the entire Magnum product lineup.
Microsoft, Mountain View, CA
Lead Program Manager September 2006 – February 2011
Lead a group of program managers in developing the Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV platform. The Mediaroom platform powers over 5 million consumers through service providers such as AT&T and Deutsche Telecom, enabling live TV, VOD, and triple play to three screens (mobile, Internet, and TV). Microsoft program managers’ responsibilities combine product management and project management functions, including gathering customer requirements, writing functional specs, and running project development and test efforts.
• Responsibility over infrastructure, security, VOD, and live broadcast. Works also as an individual contributor in the live broadcast area for IPTV and Internet TV, and leads cross group efforts.
• Built a program manager group with Audio and Video VOD and security to lead the development of the core technology of the Mediaroom platform.
• Created an end-to-end strategy to enhance the manageability of video delivery.
• Led multiple releases of the server group through the full release cycle; these included the development of servers, from applications to low level drivers, written in C#, C++,, NET, IIS, NDIS, and using MPEG, MPEG TS, RTP, Silverlight smooth streaming technologies.
• Led the integration with encoders, splicers (advertising), and test and measurement vendors.
• Authored an IETF FCC draft, and supported the standard and policy group with all the audio and video activities in DVB, IETF, and ATIS standard bodies.
Digital Fountain, Fremont, CA
Consultant April 2006 – June 2006
Explored and recommended ways for applying their forward-error correction (FEC) technology in the Internet TV market. Findings included market and technology research of video streaming and VOD, media players, and CDN networks.
Harmonic, Sunnyvale, CA
Principal Engineer August 2004 – February 2006
Provided hands-on technical leadership for advanced projects. Managed project for development of MPEG processing and IP devices with large development teams consisting of over 30 engineers, distributed over local and offshore locations.
• Defined system-level requirements for new products, and ensured that these requirements were sufficient to enable effective system solutions.
• Led the development of advanced MPEG-2 processing capabilities such as rate changing, splicing, multiplexing, and transport over IP and ASI (technologies: LSI Logic, Broadcom, VxWorks, FPGA).
• Managed full development life cycle in a matrix organization, and implemented Agile project development methods.
• Led the integration of MPEG processing and IP devices with existing network management applications.
• Developed and architected new product concepts and transitioned them to mainstream development.
• Managed test automation project, developed system integration plans that maximized the efficiency of development and enhanced the test coverage of quality assurance team.
BigBand Networks, Redwood City, CA
Director, System Engineering January 2001 – August 2004
Responsible for recruiting, training and leading the company’s first technical teams for software development, integration, and support. Project management in the development and IT departments.
• Designed and led the development of the industry’s first switched digital video (SDV) solution, from initial concept all the way to a large-scale customer trial. A distributed and scalable server architectures, which included client software running on thousands of Scientific Atlanta and Motorola set-top boxes at subscribers’ homes.
• Led the design and development of highly successful UX and management applications which became a competitive differentiator and an important contributor to the company’s revenue.
• Led integration of the company’s router with solutions from partner companies such as Microsoft, Scientific Atlanta, Motorola, SeaChange, Liberate, Concurrent and PowerTV.
• Responsible for all IT and IS functions for BigBand, including technology selection and project management . Built CRM (Remedy, SaleForce.com)) and ERP (Oracle) infrastructures, and designed servers and network infrastructure.
• Recruited and led field engineering, pre-sales and technical support teams. Achieved outstanding customer satisfaction ratings, with its excellence identified as an important driver of repeated sales by company’s main customer.
• Responsible for the design and set-up of a lab simulating a typical broadband operator environment, which became central to the development, support and qualification of all BigBand’s products.
• Managed product qualification and subsequent field trials at major cable operators, including Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, and Rogers Communications.
BigBand Networks, Tel Aviv, Israel September 1999 – December 2000
Director, Software Development
Part of the founding team. Was one of the core design leaders of the company’s MPEG video router (BMR). Recruited and led the software, quality assurance and management of information systems teams.
• Led development of software over different processors and operating systems such as NT / Windows 2000, VxWorks and DSP environments.
• Designed the router’s overarching software system architecture, and led the development of the different software layers and services, as well as management tools including the routers acclaimed management system user interface.
• Developed and implemented quality assurance processes.
• Led the development project of router’s first prototype, which was mainly software-based, and successfully demonstrated the product to the first potential customers.
3Com, Tel Aviv, Israel
Project Manager September 1995 – August 1999
Responsible for the design and development of a network management solution that supported all 3Com’s new technologies and devices. The solution adopted an innovative approach by introducing TMN, which is common in WAN management, into the LAN environment, and also offered an end-to-end solution. Led coordination with other 3Com network management and device teams in teams in US and Europe.
• Developed management solutions for scalable and distributed networks, for small and large sites, including 70,000 ports distributed among 30 sites, or 50,000 ports at one location. Worked directly with customers such as Adobe, University of California at Davies, Carnival Cruise Lines and Deutsche Bank.
• Supported all 3Com switches with Layer 2 (ATM & LAN Emulation, Ethernet, Token Ring) and Layer 3 (IP, IPX) technologies.
• Effectively managed a complex project which was developed using multiple languages (C++, Java, Tcl, and UNIX shell), and supported several management protocols such as SNMP, CMIP, LDAP, COPS, and HTML.
• Designed policy-managed networks on top of the network management system.
• Recruited and led Tel Aviv-based software development team.
• Product ran on a wide variety of OS including Unix (SOLARIS, HP, IBM) NT and web browsers. The product was integrated with several open management platforms such as HPOV, SNM, Tivoli and CA Uni Center.
Compro Software, Tel Aviv, Israel
Consulting Software Engineer for the following companies: October 1994 – August 1995
Designed and developed a mediation layer server.
• Unix-based server, based on asynchronous message handling technology
• Included connection to a telephony switch, and to NT-based user interface clients
• Development languages: C and UNIX shell
Israeli Air Force Industries:
Designed and developed an user interface for graphics display.
• Unix-based solution
• Written over Motif system calls
• Development language: C
Technion Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
BS, Computer Engineering
Languages: English, Hebrew, and Portuguese (spoken)
Misc: US citizen
Similar ResumesManager Sales Project Service Software Management
San Francisco, CA - cisco, asp, remedy, java, col, engineer, oracle,...Project Director
San Francisco, CA - artist, fabricator, include, plastic, mold, art,...line cook
San Francisco, CA - es, en, cook, para, de, la, line cook, el...Technician Lab Medical Years Experience Laboratory
Salem, OR - technician, vitae, lab technician, coimbatore,...Customer Service Data Entry Representative Call Center
Montgomery, IL - call center, il, free, jones, recreation,...manager
Roswell, GA - tower, project manager, estimator, pipeline,...Sales Operator
Philippines, Dasmariñas, CALABARZON - applicant, cavite, civil, production operator,...journeyman electrician
houston, TX - journeyman, electrician, foreman, houston texas,...Manager Case Management Health Mental Medical
Phoenix, AZ - r.n., therapist, case manager, desert, home health,...Project Manager/Designer/Permit Coordinator/estimator
Asheville, NC - civil, civil engineer, engineer, designer,...