Qualifications: Self directed, enthusiastic educator with a passionate commitment to student development and the
learning experience. Skilled in the design of challenging, enriching, and technology based activities that
address the diverse interest of students while addressing the standards that need to be taught. Ten
years of experience teaching middle and high school students in both an urban and multicultural
environment in the charter and public school system. Experience in:
Curriculum Development & Writing
Infusing Technology into Learning
Whole Group Learning
6/10 – present BetterLesson.com (Part-Time) Capitol Heights, MD
• Develop and write curriculum based lessons and activities for English/Language Arts that are aligned with Common Core Standards
• Develop and write Standardized benchmark assessments and examines
• Develop and write course outlines, unit and curriculum maps to meet state and/or national standards
• Design and develop innovative instructional strategies to teach concepts and skills.
• Provide Distance Learning education/professional development to teachers nation wide.
8/08 – 6/11 Friendship Public Charter Schools (Chamberlain Campus) Washington, DC
6th & 7th Grade English, Social Studies or Science Teacher / Team Lead Teacher
• Developed lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
• Wrote curriculum maps, unit plan, learning plans and assessments aligned to the Common Core Standards
• Administered benchmark assessments and examine student assessment data to inform decision-making and improve instruction
• Conducted and coordinated student data analysis meetings with ELA teachers district wide
• Provided individual and course team coaching for middle school and ELA teachers.
• Provided Professional Development Seminars on Lesson Planning, Classroom Management, Working Together, Teaching Reading in Content Area and Best Practices to other teachers
• Coached teachers to use data to modify their practice in order to increase student achievement.
6/10 – 8/10 Friendship Public Charter Schools (Tech Prep Campus) Washington, DC
Summer Learning Academy Principal
• Provided leadership and accountability for the Summer Learning Program
• Supervised the alignment, coordination and delivery of assigned programs and/or curricular areas
• Managed Summer Learning Academy budget
• Conducted weekly “Learning Walks” and completed “Teacher Tracker” based on observations
• Recruited, supported and evaluated high quality instructional and support staff for summer school
• Maintained effective discipline and fostered a safe learning environment and school climate.
8/04- 6/08 Community Academy Public Charter Schools (Rand Campus) Washington, DC
8th Grade English Teacher / Middle School Lead Teacher
Developed lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group
instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil
• Provided a classroom environment favorable to learning and personal growth which establishes effective rapport with students while infusing technology into each lesson.
Administered benchmark assessments and examine student assessment data to inform decision-making and improve instruction.
Team Leader for DC CAS Tutorial Program – selected students were tutored on Saturday and after-school in Math and Reading.
Integrated Technology into the English curriculum by utilizing an Interactive Wipe board and the computer lab for unit projects and activities.
LINDSEY PATRICE JOSEPH (resume cont’d)
5/06 – 12/07 Trinity University (Part Time) Washington, DC
Designing assignments, readings and class activities to ensure the following objectives: students can write clear thesis statements, effective paragraphs, demonstrate effective editorial and revision skills, learn how to proofread for grammar, punctuation and spelling errors and to organize ideas logically.
Courses Taught – Writing for Academic and Professional Success & Freshmen Composition I & II.
9/02 –5/04 Howard University Washington, DC
Designed assignments, readings, and class activities in a carefully sequenced fashion in order to help foster students' development as writers of nonfiction prose within various academic and public communities.
Courses Taught - Freshmen English Composition 101, Freshmen English Argumentative Essay,
Technical Writing and Fiction Techniques.
8/00-6/02 Cardoza High School Washington, DC
9th & 10th Grade English Teacher
Developed and implemented curriculum for English high school students.
Administer benchmark assessments and examine student assessment data to inform decision-
making and improve instruction.
Organized the Cardoza Writing Project which helped students with grammar and creative writing
thus enhancing the learning experience and increasing student interest in core material.
Aligned student interest with potential career opportunities that a degree in English has to offer.
1/00 –6/00 Meyers Elementary School Washington, DC
Assisted with implementing lesson plans for the 4th grade class specifically in English/Language Arts.
Motivated students to enjoy their reading and writing more by inviting speakers to class and
requiring students to write their own stories and poems.
• Language & Speech Development
• Infusing Technology in to the Classroom
• Mapping The Big Picture – Curriculum Development
• Managing Diverse Classrooms
• Teaching English Across the Curriculum
• Using Data To Drive Instruction
• Differentiation of Instruction
• Increasing School Culture
• Effective School Leadership Training
• UbD Curriculum Development
• Desegregating Data
The Johns Hopkins May 2005 Baltimore, MD
MA in Writing (Fiction Concentration)
Howard University May 2000 Washington, DC
BA in English & Education
Computer /Technology Skills:
Web Design & HTML
MS Office Suite for PC & Mac (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Publisher)
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & PageMaker