CHRIS CSERNUS**** ********* *** - *******, **
61342 - (H) 815.***.****
- (C) 815.***.****
Nursing Home Administrator / LTC Management / Retirement Living
Excellent Managerial Skills - Proficient Communication - Results-Producing Leadership
Motivated, results-driven Nursing Home / Retirement Living Administrator with an extensive track record of deftly managing highly efficient and orderly retirement living communities; skillfully and successfully negotiating contracts with clients, especially in relation to insurance contracts; and effectively building strong relationships with customers, suppliers and employees alike. Multi-talented leader with vast experience in project management, team building, scheduling, relationship building, negotiating, communicating, budgeting, problem solving, leadership and building management.
Selected Career Highlights
- Skillfully reduced the workers’ compensation premium by 300% through the enactment and enforcement of limited lift programs. [Mendota Lutheran Home]
- Adeptly maintained a facility’s excellent reputation in a long term care setting which consistently garnered excellent nursing home inspections. [Mendota Lutheran Home]
- Successfully opened a new CCRC facility and assisted with the expansion of the Mendota
Lutheran Home. [Presbyterian Homes of New Jersey / Mendota Lutheran Home]
- Accommodated the timely payoff of construction bond debt ten years prior to due date. [Mendota Lutheran Home]
Areas of Expertise
- Contract Negotiation
- Budget Development
- Resident Empathy
- Project Management
- Employee Management
- Team Building
- Administrative Skills
- Relationship Building
PROFESSIONAL JOB SUMMARY
Mendota Lutheran Home Mendota, IL Administrator Aug 1994 – Mar 2010
- Skillfully oversaw the entire operations of a 127-bed skilled, intermediate and sheltered care facility for the elderly.
- Managed all day-to-day operations and fiscal responsibilities.
- Worked with residents that utilized Medicare, Medicaid or private pay services.
- Coordinated the renovation and major remodel construction of facility.
- Supervised a staff of 155 employees.
- Negotiated all insurance contracts, as well as dealing with workers’ compensation claims and unemployment hearings.
- Advanced marketing efforts which included involvement in community service organizations, public speaking and fundraising.
Homewood at Plum Creek Hanover, PA
Executive Director Nov 1991 – July 1994
- Adeptly oversaw daily operations and supervised fiscal responsibilities in facility that provided retirement living, assisted living and nursing home care.
- Effectively managed all departments within the facility.
- Assisted in marketing the facility to potential clients.
- Worked with corporate office to facilitate corporate goals at the facility level.
Presbyterian Homes of New Jersey Jamesburg, NJ
Executive Director (Monroe Village) Dec 1986 – Aug 1991
- Directed the marketing of a new continuing care retirement community, and managed all aspects of opening the new facility.
- Oversaw facility’s construction.
- Organized and hired staff members.
- Supervised the budget and management of overall daily operations.
Assistant Director (Meadow Lakes) Oct 1982 – Dec 1986
- Assisted in the management and oversight of all aspects of the Meadow Lakes retirement community.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- North Texas State University - Denton, TX
Master of Science: Gerontology & Long Term Administration
- Slippery Rock State College - Slippery Rock, PA
Bachelor of Science: Education
- Memberships: Rotary Club International, Board of Directors Mendota Area Senior Services,
Board of Directors Life Services Network Trust
(Extensive professional education and references list provided upon request.)