Psychotropa, Brooklyn, NY
[Event Promoter/Curator] Sept 2010-May 2011
Operated a community based non-profit performance space focused on new and emerging music. Coordinated staff, promoted events through various social media outlets and established contacts with artists and media.
Tuff City Records New York, NY
[Data Entry/ Archivist] June 2010-Present
Conducting research and compiling data for Tuff City recording artist and prospective advertising/commercial producers who sought out acquiring creative rights to our music catalogue.
Issue Project Room, Brooklyn, NY
[Event Promoter] Sept 2009-August 2010
Helped promote and organize new experimental music in the NYC metropolitan area. Sent out flyers to various record stores, promoted shows via various social media outlets, and made long lasting relations with various press representatives. Helped maintain a positive public image of this Brooklyn Non-Profit space, which lead to successful fundraising events in the NYC area.
Ecstatic Peace! Records North Hampton, MA [Social Media Intern] Summer of 2009
Learned the ropes of managing various social media platforms i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Blogspot, Flickr, etc. Promoted new record releases and promotional shows for signed artists and authors. Some of the artists included Magik Markers, Be your Own Pet, Thurston Moore, Byron Coley, Chris Corsano, etc. I had a very successful run, with editions of 500 usually selling out via the various internet campaigns I created.
Department of Children and Families, New Haven, CT [Intern] January 2010-July 2010
During my internship I shadowed a licensed social worker in the field on home visits. My duties included documenting the various situations that I witnessed, collecting data and conducting research from the state wide database for various cases.
Institute of Professional Practice IPP, New Haven, CT [Resident Instructor] June 2008-May 2009
Worked as a CPR certified resident instructor at a group home where I assisted intellectually disabled adults with basic everyday tasks and activities. At this particular group home I worked with two adult females that required a great amount of attention and care. Everday responsibilities included administering medication, meal preperation, transportation to medical appointments and grocery shopping, helping with educational materials, and providing sincere companionship.
Fellowship Place, New Haven, CT [Intern] September 2005-May 2005
Supported community members in developing social, vocational, education, and artistic skills to enable them to live
independent and productive lives.
-Extensive background in mental health and social behavior
-Goal oriented individual with a great, professional attitude.
-Excellent at creating a positive care environment.
-Detail oriented, and organized, ready for anything that comes my way.
Southern Connecticut State University 2010 BS in Sociology
Similar ResumesSenior Learning & Performance Improvement Leader
- rim, organizational change, instructional designer,...Sales Management Sql Server Software Crystal Reports
- option, khan, wise, software developer, words,...Engineer Customer Service Business Process Houston Tx
- business owner, sap fico, sap bw, cca, variant,...Experience Assistant Insurance Operator Time Work
- afs, costpoint, switchboard operator, maximo,...Machine Operator Warehouse
- sewing machine operator, sewing machine, grinding,...Customer Service Sales Experience Office Medical
North Fort Myers, FL
- starr, aramark, customer service agent,...Customer Service Sales Associate Representative
- labourer, tele, cement, bc, tyler, pl, bba,...High School Warehouse Worker Service Construction
- flyer, hayes, landscaper, meridian, manassas,...Data Entry Customer Service Insurance Medical
- champion, invision, ambulance, truck drivers,...Medical Assistant Experience Data Entry Office
Budd lake, NJ
- hairdresser, tap, tablet, dresser, nephrology,...