LUZ A SOLANO**-** *****
Astoria, New York ****
Cell (347) ***-****
Loyal, dedicated and confident individual seeking employment as a sonographer in a professional ultrasound facility. Experience includes clinical internship in both vascular and OB/GYN ultrasound departments as well as medical diagnostic sonography education. Hard working and trusted employee with excellent organizational and administrative skills. Known for working well alone and under supervision, with a reputation for interacting well with patients.
• Educated and clinical training in OB/GYN, Vascular and Physics.
• Equipment: Phillips ATL HDI 3000, ATL 5000, Phillips Envisor C Ultrasound Machine, Logic E-9,
• Sonos 7500 3D, Siemens/Acuson Cypress Ultrasound System, PVR equipment, Phillips IU22 GE VOLUSON 730 EXPERT.
• Computer Skills: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet
• CPR certified
• Proficient in Spanish
Institute of Allied Medical Professions, Elmhurst, NY Graduated 2009
Certificate in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
• Medical Terminology, Physics of Ultrasound and Instrumentation, Anatomy and Physiology, General Abdomen, OB/GYN, Vascular
• Technical Skills: Operation of different types of ultrasound machines. Distinguish normal from abnormal anatomy, attain ideal diagnostic images.
LaGuardia Community College, Queens, New York Graduated 2001
• Associate Degree; Science
Elmhurst Hospital Center, Queens, New York September 2009 – Present
re Blvd., Apt. 3B
Pediatric Laboratory Internship
• Prepare patient for examination, verify patient history and explain procedure
• Under the supervision of a pediatric medical technician, assist in fetus and child echocardiography
Elmhurst Hospital Center, Queens, New York May – September 2009
OB/GYN Ultrasound Internship
• Performed levels I, II and II, transabdominal, transvaginal, doppler, pathology of uterus and ovaries, gender.
• Assisted with transvaginal, amniocenteses and chorionic villus sampling
• Thorough knowledge of gynecology and obstetrics with effective knowledge of the medical terms
Metropolitan Hospital Center, New York, New York January – May 2009
Vascular Ultrasound Internship
• Prepared patients for vascular examinations, record patient history and explain procedure to patient
• Performed numerous unsupervised examinations on patients; such as, upper and lower arterial and venous, carotid, studies of renal vessels and abdominal aorta
• Performed portable examinations in the intensive care unit on a regular basis.
Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York 2001– 2002
Therapeutic Center Assistant
• Assisted in Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy
• Assisted physical therapists with patient care including transfers, exercise, and other duties as requested
References Upon Request