BASIL A. HOLNESS JR.*** ******* ** *** # **
- Brooklyn N,Y 11225 Cell # (954) ***-****
Home# (718) ***-****
Objective To obtain a position as an electrical technician installer / mechanic and a security guard by using my education and past experiences in these fields.
Education Empire State College New York, NY
Associates Degree, June 1998
Harry Van Arsdale High School Brooklyn, NY
High School Diploma , .June.1993
Classification " A " Classification Electrical Construction Journeyman LOCAL UNION # 3 I.B.E.W AFL-CIO
Card # D850659 August 1999 New York, NY
" A " Journeyman.... Electrical wireman LOCAL UNION # 349 I.B.E.W
Card # 7747480 September 2006 Miami, FL
Security Guard N.Y. STATE LICENSE # 10011663089 New York, NY
NYC FIRE GUARD CERT # 85881894 New York, NY
4/2011 - present Cannady Security Services inc.
89-16 163rd st Jamaica, N,Y 11432 ( 718 ) ***-****
11/2008 – 11/2010 Global Spectrum Co. ( COMCAST ), Miami Beach Convention Center
Local Union # 349 Electrical Engineering
1901 Convention Center Drive Miami Beach, Florida 33139
Main # 305-***-****
HR dep # 786-***-****
10/2006- 11/2008 SMG inc, MBCC, Miami Beach Convention Center Local # 349 Union Electrical Engineering South Miami Beach, FL
• Responsible for all lighting controls, building lighting & power maintenance in building operation
• Conduct a wide range of temporary set-up power for vendors and centerplates power requirements to their food carts at the Convention Center
• Manage power &, lighting equipment and material for buildings electrical supply.
08/2006- 10/2006 Kapps Electric, Electrical Installer Fort Lauderdale , FL
• Perform commercial / residential wiring and mechanical repair of machine shop equipment
• Responsible for the repair and maintenance of A/C & D/C single, and 3-phase motors devices.
02/2006 - 05/2006 Forest Electric, Local # 3 Union A Journeyman New York, NY
Two Penn Plaza, 4th Floor New York 10121 (212) ***-****
• Installed electric devices such as lighting fixtures and receptacles for contractor
• Terminated Bx to locations and determined types of supports to be used for super conductor Bx
• Read blueprint layouts to find highs and locations for electrical equipment devices.
08/1998 – 10/2005 Campbell and Darwes Electric Co , Local # 3 Union A Journeyman New York, NY
8448 129th Street Jamaica, N.Y 11415 (718) ***-****
• Layed out locations for electrical devices / lights and determine different voltages and locations for electrical distribution panels
• Pulled wires for electrical circuits for power / lighting and determined their locations
• Installed and tested fire alarm devices and strobes
• Determined locations for telephones and punched down telephone blocks / CAT 5 computer cable along with fiber optics installation
• Installed fire alarm cable for strobes and fire alarm detectors at there locations.
12/1993-08/1998 Petrocelli Electric, Apprentice New York, NY
2209 Queens Plaza north . Long Island City N.Y. 11101 (718) ***-****
• Learned how to use and install support electrical materials and devices
• Gained knowledge on how to bend and install electrical metallic tubing also use deferent electrical tools in the right way
• Worked alongside with a journeyperson to learn the crafts of an electrician
Certifications Certified in Fire Alarm testing
Fiber optics polishing and testing
Fork lift training & operation.
Boom lift operation
Security 8 Hour & 16 Hour Certifications
NYC Fire Guard
References References available upon request…..