|Robert “Vincent” Scott
*** ****** ***** ******, **********, AL 35242 | 828/***-****
http://www.linkedin.com/in/vinscott | email@example.com
Proactive Environment, Health and Safety Manager with global experience in manufacturing including the defense industry. Initial position as OSHA Industrial Hygiene Compliance Officer. Managed startup of three new locations; one domestic and two in Mexico. Member of audit teams in US, Brazil, Canada, Mexico and Europe. Certified Safety Professional since 1995.
• Demonstrated leadership of multi-facility organization to coordinate global systems that meet the needs of the local plants up to 1,100 employees in an employee focused manner.
• Hands-on experience managing compliance programs using Auditing and Inspection to OSHA, EPA, NFPA, ANSI and Company requirements as well as international equivalents.
• Innovatively use technology and software to streamline processes and share resources.
• Served as liaison with senior corporate management and public officials.
• Trained ISO 14001 Auditor and Manager of systems and documents.
• Experienced with Voluntary Protection Program and OHSAS 18001 Management Systems.
McWane, Inc., Birmingham, AL 2007-2011
Group Health and Safety Director (2009-2011)
• Coordinated Health and Safety Activities for five locations through local safety managers and additionally managed Programs for Corporate locations.
• Advised locations on methods for complying with OSHA requirements and company policies.
• Gathered and reported OSHA recordable and leading indicator data.
Corporate Safety Manager (2007-2009)
• Assisted VP Health and Safety and regional Group Safety Directors in managing HS Programs.
• Visited domestic locations and those in Canada to oversee HS Audits.
• Managed the implementation of SharePoint as the Corporate HS Web Portal.
Continental Automotive Systems/Continental Teves, Fletcher, NC 1993-2007
Environment, Safety and Health Manager (1998-2007)
• Managed the environment, health, safety and security programs for my home facility.
• Conducted inspections of facility, manufacturing processes, fire systems, and grounds to ensure compliance with OSHA, local and company safety, health and environmental requirements and coordinated corrective actions; coordinated inspections from external parties.
• Performed hazardous waste record keeping, reporting, permitting and training to meet environmental agency requirements and meet company Management System Goals.
• Kept OSHA required records and reviewed accidents to ensure proper corrective action and preventive measures are taken.
• Reviewed and approved equipment and facility changes including accompanying other departments on fact finding tours, vendor contact, ensuring proper training, and acting as advisor.
• Gathered relevant EHS and Worker’s Compensation data for reports to management and used data to make decisions concerning implementation and update of programs.
• Developed and maintained computerized databases for the tracking of inspections, OSHA record keeping and spending history as well as developed reports and presentations using the records.
• Managed the start-up of the ESH Program at three locations plants.
• Managed implementation of regional programs and collected key performance indicators with world class goals and results.
• Coordinated EHS Activities for seven locations including a headquarters and two plants in Mexico.
• Visited international locations including Brazil, Germany, Mexico, and the United Kingdom to assist in management system audits, proactive review of new equipment and general system coordination.
• Leadership of implementation of Environment, Health and Safety System based on ISO14001 into a regional organization including Mexico locations.
• Interviewed and recommend EHS personnel for openings and recommend developmental program.
• Developed the use of web portals as a link between the EHS professionals and other employees at each location.
Environment, Safety and Health Administrator, Asheville, NC (1993 – 1998)
• Raytheon Company, Bristol, TN - Safety Specialist,
• Department of Labor, OSHA Division, Columbia, SC – Industrial Hygiene Compliance Officer
• University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC - B.S. - Biology
• OSHA Institute for the United States Department of Labor, Chicago, Illinois - Certificate for Initial Compliance Course for Industrial Hygienists
• Certified Safety Professional since 1995, Certificate # 13781.
• Recognized as Safety Professional of the Year by local council of State Industrial Commission 2004.
• Numerous OSHA facility awards for containment of lost work day cases.
• American Society of Safety Engineers
• Board of Directors for Manufacturing Practice Specialty of ASSE – Publications Coordinator
• American Industrial Hygiene Association
Similar ResumesManager Experience Technician Safety Plant Manufacturing
- pretreatment, flexo, corrugated, ehs, psm, pulp,...Manager Engineer Service Safety Medical Officer
- lieutenant, ehs, paramedic, tactical, firefighter,...Plant Manager
- general foreman, cox, service supervisor, quotes,...Accountant, CPA candidate
- imagery, sci, ria, checkpoint, geo, arcgis, cpa,...EHS Manager
- ehs, pharma, houston tx, casual, chemical plant,...Quality Control Engineer Management Security Assistant
- hseq, bgp, seminar, maternal, 9000,...Project Manager, Project Engineer, Sr. Estimator, Estimating Manager
- journeymen, process control, power plants,...EHS Coordinator or Manager
- occupational safety, state university,...Entry level Chemical Engineer
Long Beach, CA
- level chemical engineer, entry level chemical,...Environmental Health and Safety Director
- cih, business unit, safety director,...