|XIANGDONG (SEAN) ZHAO
** ******* **** ** ****: 603-***-****
Lebanon, NH 03766 firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 603-***-****
Creative and detail oriented engineer with extensive experience of complex electromechanical product design. Knowledge with all phase of product development lifecycle including feasibility, concept design, prototype build, design verification and transfer to production. Experienced with ISO 9000 & ISO13485, FDA medical device. Familiar with high volume injection-molded parts, sheet metal, gear and cam mechanism, FEA, FMEA, vibration, cost reduction, design for manufacture, trained with 6 Sigma Green Belt and PMP, bilingual in Chinese.
• SolidWorks 2011, PDM, COSMOS, CoCreate, SDRC, Algor 12, Matlab, Simulink, EIT,
• Agile, Labview, Minitab, GD&T, ANSI 14.5M, Window 7/XP, MS Office Professional
NUMIA Medical Technology, Newport, VT 2012 PRESENT
Senior Mechanical Engineer
• Working with inventor to design and manage two handhold medical infusion pump project.
Project Management Professional (PMP) 30 courses completed 8/2011 – 2012
Six Sigma Green Belt 18 course completed 8/2011 – 2012
Analogic, Peabody, MA 2010 – 7/2011
Senior Mechanical Engineer
• Designed medical device-Value CT scanner including transform ring, power supply aux box and high voltage module. New oil expansion device design saved $180 BOM cost.
• Provided MRI power supply engineering support for prototyping, MRB, ECO, documentation, procurement and cost reduction and NPI.
• Conducted Verification & Validation testing for FDA approved ISO13485 medical device.
Fujifilm Dimatix, Lebanon, NH 2008 – 2010
Senior Mechanical Engineer
• Designed and managed the new ScanPAQ print head service tool project. The duties included product and fixture design, tool capability study, process validation, gauge R&R and statistical analysis, etc. This service tool performs micro level alignment and achieved high profit margin.
• Led mechanical design of Apollo II system and carried system level DVT test.
• Conducted new single path print head research and concept design.
• Created ECO and provided on-going sustaining engineering support for manufacture.
Hewlett-Packard Company, San Diego, CA 2006 – 2007
Hardware Design Engineer
• Designed, developed, and tested overspray subsystem for photo kiosk that including spittoon, waste ink collection and waste ink buildup detecting sensor system. Extend new overspray spittoon life 6 X and change service period from week base to month base.
• Designed mechanical 2-way valve to save a $15 solenoid valve per unit.
• Invented a new simple device to detect waste ink volume in bottle and save a fluid sensor.
• Worked with Asia contract manufacture partner (OEM) to build product.
EASTMAN KODAK, San Diego, CA 2003 – 2006
Former FLEXTRONICS DESIGN / PDG HIGHTOWER Inc
Mechanical Design Engineer
• Created a new paper-pick subsystem mechanism design for KODAK AIO printer project to make multiple use of a printer motor. The subsequent part elimination resulted in an annual savings of $250K.
• Modified cable routing design in KODAK AIO printer. Lowered the BOM cost $2.4, improved the product reliability, simplified the process procedure, and saved 2 minutes process time.
• Collected information from competitor’s products, conducted measurement and analysis, and provided feasibility study and conceptual design proposal for KODAK inkjet printer.
• Performed acoustic test for printer project. Investigated the high pitch noise source, verified the root cause, and provided engineering solution.
• Carried the PCB board mechanical design and the EMI shielding design. Performed PCB board thermal analysis.
• Designed foldable output tray, automatic chassis lifting mechanism for HP printer.
• Designed touch screen tilt and swivel mechanism and shroud for Respironics, inc
UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT, Burlington, VT 1996 – 2002
Research Mechanical Engineer 1999 – 2002
• Designed the 100nm X-ray Lithography composite stepper stage for JMAR Nanolithography, Inc.
• Investigated the friction model and setup the nonlinear model for X-ray Lithography composite stepper Y-stage dynamics system.
• Designed and executed the project of Human body vibration and shock with acceleration and back muscles electromyogram (EMG) measurement for Low Back Pain.
• Performed vibration model test and vibration & shock evaluation for ROHO Air Filled Cushion and Kenwood truck seat.
• Designed the apparatus for controlling the construction crane payload vibration.
• Programmed Labview and Matlab for the signal generation & acquisition, and data processing.
JIANGXI PROVINCIAL PUBLIC HEATH BUREAU, Nanchang, P. R. China, 1989 – 1996
Executed project management and design work for medical and residential projects
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Nanchang University, Nanchang, Jiangxi, P. R. China
LabView Applications University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
Introduction to 6 Sigma Flextronics Design, San Diego, CA
FMEA Investigator, Design for Reliability HP, San Diego, CA
6 Sigma Green Belt Training Fujifilm Dimatix, Lebanon, NH
Solidworks/Simulation” Analogic, Peabody, MA
FDA Quality System Regulation Analogic, Peabody, MA
Project Management Professional (PMP) Lebanon, NH
Two US Patents: Imaging Device 11880291
Collecting Waste Ink in a Printer System 11899514
Similar ResumesEngineer Mechanical Medical Device Engineering
Natick, MA - lean manufacturing, pq, oq, us army, suspension,...Manager Quality Management Engineer Engineering
Somerset, MA - ecr, oq, 13485, c.e., fox, cna, sterile, iq,...Manager Technician Maintenance Quality Assurance
Omaha, NE - us navy, corrugated, arms, swiss, ave,...Quality Assurance Regulatory Affairs Control Manufacturing
Boston, MA - submissions, cake, cmc, elder, power point,...Senior Telecommunications Analyst
New York, NY - avaya, siemens, systems analyst, voice, analyst,...director Avaya operations
Yonkers, NY - avaya, pmo, pmp, cisco, voip, telecom, curriculum,...Project Management Manufacturing Regulatory Affairs
Cumberland, RI - medical device, pharma, regulatory affairs, fda,...SQA, Validation, Pharma, Device, Quality and Business Process Engineer
Worcester, MA - business analyst, pharma, engineer, fda, ios,...Regulatory Affairs Project Management Quality Assurance
Boston, MA - irb, northeastern, pharmaceutics, hindustan,...Customer High School Experience Technician Development
Auburn, AL - technologist, ndt, cmm, qa, inspector, nuclear,...