Larry N. Lozier
To obtain a management position that will continue to be challenging and where I can make a difference toward the company’s goals
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Eastern Maine Community College, Bangor, Me
Currently enrolled in the Trade and Technical Occupation degree program with a future goal of obtaining a degree in business, current GPA 3.9
Maine State Apprenticeship 5/23/97 Millwright
Maine State Apprenticeship 2/11/00 Pipefitter
Achieving Service Excellence Training by Ouellette & Associates 9/21/10
Reality Based/Supervisor Training, The Art of Leadership, The Human Side of Work 2/18/2010
Karras Negotiation Training 3/19/09
BOC I Training 2009
BOC II Training 2009
Root Cause Analysis Course 2003
Managing Interpersonal Relationships Course 12/20/02
Ergonomics Training 1999
Basic training in welding, rigging, oiling, bridge crane operator, lift truck operator from 1987-1994
March 2007-Present The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME
Facilities Maintenance Planner
Set up The Jackson Laboratory West Maintenance Systems (in Sacramento, CA) including:
o PM Schedule
o CMMS equipment & location hierarchy in Maximo
o Trained The Jackson Laboratory West maintenance, safety, and production employees in Safety, Maximo and Maintenance System Workflow
• Interim Maintenance Supervisor for The Jackson Laboratory West (April 1st –May 7th 2009)
• Administrator of Maximo CMMS
• Key player in streamlining maintenance work flow
• Special projects manager
• Facilities Ergonomics and safety trainer
• Overall responsibility for development of long term Maintenance work plan for contract labor and in house personnel.
• Coordinate communication between clients, Maintenance Department staff, Facilities Engineering personnel and contractors.
• Lead in the development of technical specifications for maintenance work (both contract and in house), Preventive Maintenance Systems and Reliability Programs.
Feb 2006- Feb 2007 Verso Paper (International Paper) Bucksport, ME
Maintenance Planner for Area 3 and Woodyard
• Areas include Boiler Plant (2 active boilers and three active turbines), Solid Fuels, Trainshed and Roll Wrapper, all outlying buildings, Drum Debarking, Waste Water Treatment Plant, Rolling Stock, Chip Receiving and office maintenance
• Use of SAP as primary CMMS
• Use of Excel and Project to plan outages in areas
Duties include requisitioning material, bid deviations, stores repairable tracking, outage planning, contractor bidding, stores level changes, training craftsmen and supervisors using SAP, maintaining SAP BOMs and functional locations, weekly and outage scheduling using the Maintenance Work System
Nov. 2001-April 2003 International Paper Bucksport, ME
Ergonomic Technician for Mechanical Maintenance Dept.
• Created the working system for the MM Dept. Ergo Tech’s using Walton’s model
• Goal is to lessen TIR of mechanical dept.
• Used awareness, managing techniques and equipment redesign to alleviate the top three ergonomic hazards of dept.
• Analyzed and graphed MM Dept.’s injuries of previous three years
¬¬1989-Feb 2006 Champion International Paper Co. Bucksport, ME
• Completed Maine State Millwright Apprenticeship on May 23, 1997
• Completed Maine State Piper Apprenticeship on Feb. 11, 2000
• Completed welding, rigging, oiling, bridge crane operator, lift truck operator trainings
• Precision maintenance course
• Worked as a Tinsmith Helper and Tinsmith Journeyman
July 1984-1989 St. Regis Paper Co. Bucksport, ME
Champion International Paper Co.
• Worked in general spare pool throughout mill
• Worked in Off-machine Coater Dept. for one year
• Worked in the Coating Plant for a year then started maintenance
Nidan (2nd degree black) Belt in Karate
Built my own home (including carpentry, electrical and plumbing)
Secretary/Treasurer of Local 1821 IAM&AW (for 3 years)