Emmett Overton II**** ********* *** **
Bloomington Mn. 55420952-***-****
Extensive experience as a collector with proven competencies in all areas of consumer lending, banking and medical collections.
Credit and Collections Representative
Norman G. Jensen Inc. – Minneapolis, MN. 2001-2007
• Developed a credit and collection policy and procedure program for the Import and Export department.
• Responsible for collecting aged accounts from 30-60-90 and 120 days.
• Prepared weekly aged Trial and Balance reports to management and representatives.
• Assisted and analyzed customer’s financial statements and disputes.
• Assisted the sales and accounting department on collection matters
Fairview Oxboro Clinics -Bloomington, MN. 1986-2001
• Assisted office managers on credit and collection policy and procedures related to medical collections.
• Responsible for handling delinquent medical accounts in all areas of insurance including Preferred One, Blue Cross & Blue Shield, Medicare, Medica, Health Partners and Medical Assistance.
• Recommended and completed company write-offs and accounts referred to outside collection agencies.
• Negotiated payment programs and insurance verification.
• Knowledgeable in credit and collection laws and regulations, Fair Debt Collection Practice Act and bankruptcy laws.
• Customer service knowledge of providing special services to them based on their needs.
• Computer skills including Windows XP; Microsoft; Word; Excel; 10 key and Outlook
• Good communication skills and very detail oriented.
Education: Southwest State University Marshall MN.
Bachelor of Science Degree: Elementary/Secondary Education Minor in Sociology.
Coursework: Seminar Import/Export credit & collections