Cell: 703 ***-****
Denver, Co 80230
Retail Professional with success in driving top and bottom-line performance in the department store and luxury retail environment. Skilled in P/L management, achievement of sales and profit goals on a consistent basis.
• As a new GM at Polo Ralph Lauren over achieved annual sales increase of 7.8% to plan and 16.6% to comp while reaching NIBT Performance of 15.6% vs. Plan of 14.8%.
• When promoted to Area Manger achieved sales of $16.9 M vs. plan of $16.0M for the three stores first full year of operation. This resulted in a 10% increase in the pro forma for these newly opened stores in the DC market.
• While at Saks Fifth Avenue increased sales 5.7% over plan and 15.3% over LY in the Naples store while achieving 19% EBIT performance.
Strategic Merchandising abilities both in execution and delivery of merchandise plans to achieve above average results.
• Created market analysis for both the Naples Florida and Washington DC markets in preparation for new store and renovation projects. Presented to corporate merchants an analysis of market opportunities and nuisances to assist in the selection of assortments for each market.
• Submitted detail merchandise assortment plans to senior merchants that encompassed not only market opportunities but store capacity guidelines to assure proper inventory levels were achieved.
• Reviewed best/slow selling categories on a weekly basis and worked closely with buying organization to maximize business opportunities.
• Attended quarterly market visits with both Saks Fifth Avenue and Ralph Lauren to give input as to the assortments the store would best sell. In certain situations was given separate OTB to purchase select vendors for the stores.
• As a Cosmetics Buyer developed sales plans, OTB on a monthly basis and initiated monthly orders with over 50 cosmetic and fragrance vendors.
Strong Leader and Motivator of teams to achieve successful results.
• Identified top talent in the market place and recruited individuals to join my team. Successful in promoting individuals to Senior Management positions both at Saks Fifth Avenue and at Ralph Lauren.
• Maintain a hands on leadership style while always giving individuals opportunity to use their own creative skills to accomplish projects.
Runway Clothes Consignment – Women’s on-line consignment business. 2007-2008
• Developed business plan for formation of new e-commerce business
• Worked with web developer to design and build web site
• Sourced and priced inventory for sale as well as photographed all product, wrote descriptions as well as uploaded to site.
Polo Ralph Lauren –a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products. 2003-2007
AREA MANAGER/GENERAL MANAGER – Washington DC Market
• As an Area Manager opened three new stores in the DC market – for a total first full year sales volume of $16.9M in sales
• As a General Manager increased sales of Georgetown store 7.8% over plan and 18.6% over l.y
Saks Fifth Avenue-upscale department store owned and operated by Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises 1976-2003
VP /GENERAL MANAGER - Tyson’s Corner Virginia, Naples Florida, Ft Lauderdale Florida 1980-2003
• Achieved consistant sales and profit increases throughout tenure at all locations.
• Awarded coveted Chairman’s Award, two consecutive years, for outstanding overall store achievements which included sales and profit results, operational achievements and well as low turnover.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER – Bal Harbour, Florida 1979-1980
• Responsible for driving sales in Designer & Active Sportswear, Handbags and Accessory areas, Fine & Fashion Jewelry as well as Cosmetics Divisions.
BUYER – COSMETICS, FRAGRANCE AND ACCESSORIES – Bal Harbour, Florida 1976-1979
• Responsible for $4M in sales volume. Directly worked with vendors in buying inventory and maintaining OTB budgets for over 50 cosmetics, fragrances and accessories companies.
Bloomingdales Department Stores – a chain of upscale American Department stores. 1973-1976
BUYER – COSMETICS, FRAGRANCE AND ACCESSORIES – Hackensack New Jersey
• Responsible for $2M in sales volume. Worked with cosmetics vendors in buying inventory and maintaining OTB plans for over 40 cosmetics, fragrances and accessories.
Associate Arts Degree – Miami Dade Junior College, Miami, Florida
Course work completed in Business and Journalism – University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
Bi-Lingual – Fluent in Spanish
Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
References available on request.
Business Development Manager
Arvada, CO - developed, closed, met, plan, devices, languages,...
Bella Vista, AR - wal, mart, walmart, retail, sales, market, buyer,...
Oman, Muscat, Muscat Governorate - market, sales, marketing, manager, management, mar,...
Equity Trading, Analyst, CFA, International trading (Asian Focused)
Denver, CO - equity, trader, execution, trading, powerpoint,...
Denver, CO - met, goals, market, results, key, third, critical,...
International trading, CFA, equity research, equity sales
Denver, CO - powerpoint, japan, single, daily, market, trader,...
Houston, TX - property, general manager, manager, sales, vehicle,...