|HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATION
- Extensive experience in real time embedded software development in C and assembly languages.
- Used various microprocessors/microcontrollers and DSPs, with analogue and digital hardware interface.
- Used software tools such as IDE, ClearCase, PVCS, DDTS, DOORS, Doxygen, and CodeCheck.
- Used hardware tools such as emulators, signal generators, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers.
- Progressed through software development life cycle (SDLC) from design, coding, testing, debugging, documentation, software release, to maintenance.
- Experienced in project management, quality control/testing, software/product development, and industry standards compliance.
- Detail oriented and have good analytic and problem solving skills.
- Good written and spoken communication skills, and work effectively in a team.
SKILLS AND ASSETS
- C, C++, assemblers, Perl, Java, Pascal, Fortran.
- TI DSP TMS320xx, Microchip PIC30F4011, Rockwell C19, intel 8048, intel 8086/80188, Motorola 6809.
- Windows, Linux, Sun Solaris, Mac OS, TAS.
- Clearcase, PVCS, DDTS, DOORS, Doxygen, CodeCheck, PcLint, Beyond Compare, Caller ID, SDT, PSTN, ISO9000.
Jul 2011 - Oct 2011, Etron Energy Corporation, Markham
Embedded Software Engineer:
- Developed and debugged the BSP and embedded software for the Microchip PIC30F4011 on the MPLAB IDE using C and assembly languages.
- Developed and tested embedded software on ballasts for igniting and controlling HID lights.
- Implemented ZigBee/802.15.4 wireless communication Digi XBee module control software.
Sep 2004 - Nov 2010, Thales Rail Signalling Solutions Inc., Toronto
Senior Software Analyst:
- Developed and tested C/C++ simulation software for testing the subway train's vital control centre (VCC).
- Designed, developed, and tested embedded C software for the subway train's vehicle on board control (VOBC)system and cab display unit (CDU) subsystem.
- Worked in system communication, ARP/UDP telegrams, Ethernet, CAN, RS232/RS485, and proprietary protocols.
- Worked in fail-safe design, PVCS, Codecheck, PcLint, Doxygen design documentation, DOORS requirement documentation, and DDTS development defect tracking system.
- Installed and set up simulation software on test labs and target systems.
- Supported subway systems or their simulations for projects in Paris, Shanghai, Beijing, Dubai, Kuala Lumpar, Vancouver, Guangzhou, and Istanbul.
Jul 2002 - Aug 2003, ATI Technologies Inc., Markham
Senior Diagnostic Engineer:
- Developed and maintained diagnostic software (C/C++) for MIPS based HDTV ASICs pre tape-out net-list emulation block testing, actual chip screening, and multiple platform system testing.
- Supported customized diagnostic software for HDTV and set-top box customers.
- Accomplished Dolby AC3 and MPEG audio standard compliance testing for the ASIC.
- Developed and automated combination matrix test environment.
Aug 1993 - Jun 2001, Thomson Multimedia Ltd., Singapore
Staff Software Engineer:
- Designed, coded, tested, and debugged real-time embedded firmware for GE telecommunication products such as full featured digital answering machines using TI DSP, full featured Caller ID boxes using TI DSP, and 900Mhz/2.4GHz digital spread-spectrum cordless phones.
- Reduced embedded software code size to reduce memory component and saved $110K annually.
- Led technology platform development in DSP, ISDN, Caller ID, and SDT.
- Defined and wrote product engineering concept, product engineering specifications, software test plans, software development process, and multi-handset/multi-peripheral wireless protocols.
- Developed test reporting format and bug tracking log which significantly improved test process.
- Participated full product cycle (SDLC) from concept, design, development, testing, to mass production.
- Trained and mentored local engineers in the new development center started up in China.
May 1992 - Jul 1993, Santai Electronics Ltd., Hong Kong
Assistant Project Manager, Electrical:
- Supervised and managed a team of 4 engineers in the electronic engineering department.
- Planned and coordinated OEM/ODM projects from concept, design, development to mass production within schedule and budget.
- Participated in the company's ISO9000 auditing and certification.
- Dealt with customers for product requirements and schedules.
- Talked to vendors to get component samples or assigned tasks to selected subcontractors.
Mar 1991 - Nov 1991, Apple Computer, Hong Kong
Software Project Engineer:
- Defined specifications, test requirements, and project schedules for Mac Chinese operating systems.
- Coordinated with engineering, subcontractors, and marketing executives to ensure proper and timely project development.
May 1990 - Feb 1991, Apple Computer, Hong Kong
Software Quality Control Specialist:
- Supervised a software test team of 4 members.
- Planned test schemes and set-up environments to test operating systems and applications.
- Verified, maintained, and tracked bug reports.
Sep 1986 - Dec 1989, Geotech Ltd., Markham
Intermediate Software Engineer:
- Coded TI 32010 program for an airborne real-time multi-DSP data acquisition system.
- Wrote Pascal and i8086 programs for the PC user-interface that controlled the multi-DSP system.
- Designed and coded the BSP/BIOS and driver firmware for an i80188 ground probing instrument.
- Upgraded and maintained a large user-friendly Fortran program on Vax/VMS system which performed scientific data processing for geophysical analysis and contour plotting.
- Documented user manuals for the Fortran program.
- Bachelor of Applied Science - Electrical Engineering, 1984, University of Toronto, Toronto.
- Professional Engineers of Ontario, PEO membership #7528201.
- Awarded the "High Five" award in recognition of outstanding contribution at Thales.
- Won twice the Star Performer Award in recognition of outstanding performance at Thomson.
- Led the software development of the product that won the company Product Of The Year award at Thomson.
- Filed patent #6697471 for "Type 2 Caller ID Device Extension Off-Hook Check Algorithm" at Thomson.
Similar ResumesEmbedded Engineer
India, Chennai - chennai, embedded, controller, engineer,...Embedded Software Engineer
United States - developer, embedded, engineer, java, device,...Senior Embedded Software Engineer
United States - engineer, senior software, embedded,...Software Engineer with 3 years of experience
India, Bangalore, KA - vxml, designation, gateway, ganesh, channels,...Engineer Manager Manufacturing Management Safety
United States - engineer, ehs, manufacturing engineer, asp, sap,...Embedded Software Engineer
Canada, Ottawa, ON - engineer, embedded, software engineer,...Design Software Designer Development Graphic Web
Canada, Toronto, ON - designer, toronto, ui, http, info, pdf, canada,...MSuta-MechEng-CSWP-May12
Canada, Toronto, ON - mechanical designer, mould,...Mechanical Engineer
Canada, Toronto, ON - engineer, mechanical engineer, catia, india, cad,...Embedded software engineer
India, Bangalore, KA - driver, embedded, rf, bangalore, engineer,...
peo resumes in Toronto, ON, Canada
airborne resumes in Toronto, ON, Canada
engineer resumes in Toronto, ON, Canada
engineer resumes in Markham, ON, Canada
peo resumes in Oshawa, ON, Canada
senior software resumes
embedded software resumes